IGNORED

Mad Men

xDreamerx

I think Peggy is my favorite character. In some ways, a female Don Draper.

She's probably my favorite character as well. You know who I loved? She wasn't a main character, but I LOVED Mrs. Blankenship! I was sad when she died.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's really hot for an older guy.

He kind of has a bit of an Anderson Cooper thing going on, just older and a bit more....gruff? I'm not sure if that's the right choice of words. It'll have to do. I also love Joan. I liked the scene last season with her and Peggy coming together.

Mad Men is, hands down, my favorite show. I was looking forward to season 5 starting this summer, but wikipedia says I'll have to wait until next March. I wish AMC would at least show reruns this summer.

If you've got Netflix, all 4 seasons are on there. I just watched the first episode the other day... I think I'm really going to enjoy it

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yay, I love this show and am glad to find other fans. But it kills me to hear that we'll have to wait until the summer for the next season.

Next summer? I can't wait that long! I thought it was supposed to be March. :(

The writers were pretty vague about the baby. They sort of insinuated that Peggy's sister was raising him as her own, but then again, she and Peggy were apparently pregnant at the same time. Peggy also told Pete that she put the baby up for adoption.

A lot of viewers were confused, but it's not the same baby:

All season long, fans of the show have been speculating about whether Peggy’s sister is raising the baby that Peggy had with Pete. And that was intentional, creator Matthew Weiner said. “I mislead the audience all over the place, and that’s the fun of the show. I give out little bits of information at a time and then play on that,†he said in an interview on Monday.

I asked him if Peggy’s sister is raising Peggy’s baby, and he said, no, that is not the case. Peggy’s sister was pregnant when Peggy had her baby, and the sister gave birth around the same time. Her youngest child is her own child; the sister is not raising Peggy’s offspring.

Again, just to be clear: Peggy’s baby is not being raised by her sister. That child was given up for adoption.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2008/10/mad-men-peggy-b.html

• 3 months later...
Guest Anonymous

Whoo-Hoo! SO excited this show is coming back this sunday! Been watching my season 4 dvd's to refresh my memory..anyone else watching?

WHAT?!?!!! I didn't know it was coming back on Sunday, I am SO excited!

I miss it as well.

And oh yeah on the Betty hate!

I wonder what will happen with Don's engagement. Will he do a "Roger" and go through with it or will he cancel it??

I can't wait because 1966 was quite the interesting year. Now the remnants of the 50s were done and gone! Can't wait to see how everyone will deal with the Vietnam War (how will Don react to the manydraft-dodgers, he with the big secret but with the all-conservative appearance?) and the civil rights movement.

Oh and I hope that the actress playing Sally gets to stay. She's the cutest!

Guest Anonymous

I can't wait to see how Joan will pass off her pregnancy with Rogers baby as her husbands who we know is in Vietnam. Cant' wait to see how Roger reacts since he think she had the abortion. Can wait for this show to be back!

I can't wait to see how Joan will pass off her pregnancy with Rogers baby as her husbands who we know is in Vietnam. Cant' wait to see how Roger reacts since he think she had the abortion. Can wait for this show to be back!

Maybe I missed something, but was it revealed who is the father of Joan's baby?

I secretly wish for Roger, as I detest Greg. I wish he'd step on an IED in 'Nam. I've hated that guy since he raped Joan at the office. :cry:

I wish Roger would dump his young wife and Joan become a widow so they could finally be officially together as a couple.

Btw, did you know that the the actress who played Roger's first wife is married to the actor in real life (I forgot both last names...Jon and Taliah??)? Plus she used to be married to George Clooney pre-ER. Lucky her to have had these two hot husbands! :drool:

Guest Anonymous

I've been watching my season 4 dvd's and in the episode Joan tells Roger her period is late and that her husband had been gone for 7 weeks. I guess it's possible to pass the baby off as Greg's but she tells Roger it's his. So she must of had a period around the time Greg left for Vietnam.

Pete and Trudy Campbell have a Frigidaire Flair in their kitchen in Greenwich. I knew a couple of families that had Flair ranges in their kitchens; they were typical of the 60s. Frigidaire Flair still have their fans as do other vintage stoves. Oh and Samantha Stevens had one in her kitchen in Bewitched ans there was one in that fabulous kitchen in The Parent Trap

Does anyone else think Don was less than thrilled by Megan's song?

ETA: to add some more info about the stove.

Guest Anonymous

I so loved the new episode! Don was a jerk about the song and dance at party but everyone else seemed to like it..especially the men :)

Maybe I missed something, but was it revealed who is the father of Joan's baby?

I secretly wish for Roger, as I detest Greg. I wish he'd step on an IED in 'Nam. I've hated that guy since he raped Joan at the office. :cry:

I wish Roger would dump his young wife and Joan become a widow so they could finally be officially together as a couple.

Btw, did you know that the the actress who played Roger's first wife is married to the actor in real life (I forgot both last names...Jon and Taliah??)? Plus she used to be married to George Clooney pre-ER. Lucky her to have had these two hot husbands! :drool:

John Slattery who plays Roger is indeed married IRL to Talia Balsam, daughter of Martin Balsam and Joyce Van Patten, Martin Balsam played the private detective in Psycho among other roles. Joyce Van Patten is the kid sister of Dick Van Patten, the dad in Eight is Enough and now a dog food entrepeneur..

I always hype this show up in my mind too much in between seasons and am disappointed when I watch the premiers. But if I go back and watch this episode when the season's over I'll probably think it's awesome.

I'm not super familiar with BDSM, but it seems like Don is into it? The scene between the new Mrs. Draper and Don when they were "cleaning up" after the party was very uncomfortable--it wasn't really clear that everything was OK until everything was OK. It was kind of hard to parse after Joan's office rape scene. I was afraid for a minute that the writers were going to make Don a bad guy.

Pete and Trudy Campbell have a Frigidaire Flair in their kitchen in Greenwich. I knew a couple of families that had Flair ranges in their kitchens; they were typical of the 60s. Frigidaire Flair still have their fans as do other vintage stoves. Oh and Samantha Stevens had one in her kitchen in Bewitched ans there was one in that fabulous kitchen in The Parent Trap

Does anyone else think Don was less than thrilled by Megan's song?

ETA: to add some more info about the stove.

It's amazing how much research they do to make everything realistic on the show (i.e., stove, clothes, cars, music, etc.).

I very much think Don was less than thrilled with the song.

And what was up with the "cleaning up" scene? It's funny, last season it seemed Don fell in love with her because of her wholesomeness, mothering instincts, etc. Now she's becoming a sex kitten I guess?

Archived