IGNORED

Mad Men

xDreamerx

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

************************************************************SPOILERS************************************************************************************

Great recap crazyforkate!

While I loved that Peggy and Stan got together, I just thought the scene was kind of cheesy and soap opera-like. It just didn't ring true, and wasn't worthy of the tone of the show, imo.

I love that Peggy didn't give a hoot what things Don had done, or thought he'd done, she just wanted her friend and mentor back.

Although she sure forgot about how worried she was about him when Stan told her he loved her.

I took the ending to mean Don did return to New York and McCann, and worked on that famous Coke ad. I don't think he'd allow his kids to be brought up by Betty's brother though. Or Henry Francis. Although Sally made a good case for it.

Agree, the phone call between Don and Betty was just heartbreaking. Poor Betty, she's the only one that didn't get a happy, or at least contented, ending.

I think Joan will be a wild success and I was so happy when it looked like she and Peggy would partner up. And so disappointed when they didn't. I do think Joan will be single for a long time to come, maybe for good.

She won't settle for some guy who is just a hanger on, and successful guys like Richard are going to end up being intimidated by her.

I liked the finale, and was relieved Don wasn't literally the falling man. Maybe he really did find himself. I hope so.

I can't seem to find a Spoiler tag, so SPOILERS

|

|

|

|

|

V

I agree with you about the Stan/Peggy scene. For me the Stan stuff worked because I could see him being just that goofy, but Peggy's side was rather out of character. However, I did like that they got a happy ending. Actually, I'm amazed that every character minus Betty and Sally managed to walk away with a happy ending. I guess even Weiner couldn't resist it. Loved, loved, LOVED Joan's story.

ETA: I wonder if Coke sales were up today?

Don and Stephanie were at Esalen or something similar out in Big Sur. it was the happening place for trippy, spiritual enlightenment in 1970.

I was bugged by the pat ending for Peggy and Stan, too.

In a weird way, I feel like Betty got the best ending for her. She was resistant to change and self-reflection. Now she'll die while she's still beautiful. She liked that her mom was still "handsome" when she died, so this works.

Not a great ending for Sally, but hopefully it'll fuel her fire and help her get far in life.

Loved Joan's ending.

I loved Joan's ending the most. My favorite character on the show was Sally, that's why i picked her name as mine on here. I will miss this show but every time i drink a coke i will think of

it. :soda:

Archived