IGNORED

Lori on Harlots and Modesty

She's angry that there are women who aren't forced to endure being spanked and slapped by their husbands.

Do we know for sure that this happens? Is there a blog post on it?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not that I want to take charge or anything but I definately think we need a Trumpet. All good bands need some brass.

I think we should let Lori be our guide; if it would upset Lori, it's in. Therefore, no Violin, Cello, Harp, Flute or Piano. These seem to be considered ladylike by most fundies so they fail. Electric Violin, Electric Cello and Synthesizer would get a pass provided amps are turned up so loud they distort. Flautists will be allowed in if they are prepared to play Piccolo as that is definately not ladylike. Pretty much everything else would be in. I don't think fundies play anything else do they.

Can I also suggest that our dress standards be; must be showing some thigh, must be showing collar bones, cleavage strongly encouraged but not essential, no layering under any circumstances.

If I show more cleavage, can I get out of showing thigh? I'm unthrilled with my thighs.

I can also play violin (willing to go electric) and drum. I saw a band with three drummers a couple years ago; I think it sounds good for us.

Do we know for sure that this happens? Is there a blog post on it?

We don't know for sure. A few people have speculated that Ken physically abuses Lori. I think he emotionally abuses Lori and has cheated on her. I think Lori is angry that not every wife is like her and she is probably pissed that not all men demand submission from their wives. She has very fucked up views on gender roles and many of her postings show that. Her posting from yesterday also shows that she is pissed that some women choose not to have kids or delay having kids.

We don't know for sure. A few people have speculated that Ken physically abuses Lori. I think he emotionally abuses Lori and has cheated on her. I think Lori is angry that not every wife is like her and she is probably pissed that not all men demand submission from their wives. She has very fucked up views on gender roles and many of her postings show that. Her posting from yesterday also shows that she is pissed that some women choose not to have kids or delay having kids.

As much as I think that Lori is a pathetic women who has no idea what she is talking about. I still do not want her to be abused, and yes I would not be surprised that she is being abused and made a whole lifestyle to justify it.

She basically wants women to trap themselves situations where they are at the mercy of men.

Ken is weighing in in the comments:

One of the consequences is that the non-virgin moves on to other lovers and often ends up with another non-virgin in marriage. That one act is enough for a godly girl or guy who is saving her/himself for marriage to move on to another who was faithful. As one of my son's put it to me, "Dad, there are plenty of other Christian guys for a girl like that to marry. I would no be interested." I am curious if the statistics do not prove out that two virgins

Sounds like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I feel sorry for the one that did/does marry their son.

Forgiveness... grace... love .... by all means! We all need God's grace and we are all sinners, but we are not all sleeping around before marriage, nor are we all alcoholics, pedophiles, murderers, ... you get the point. All sin can be forgiven by the grace of the cross, but no sin is without consequence in the flesh, in the mind and in the spirit. Allow those who cherish staying pure to believe as the scriptures teach that it is special, because it truly is in God's eyes, and if nothing else, there is great reward for those who are willing to sell out for him in this area of their lives.

Because "sleeping around" and alcoholism totally on par with pedophilia and murder :angry-steamingears: These are 2 very vile, scary human beings.

I wonder what Lori would advise if the husband approached the wife and said, "You know, I've prayed about it, and it seems God wants you to be assertive. He wants you to wear pants, have a career you enjoy, and refuse sex when you don't want it. He wants me to try a hand at keeping house, too."

As for the band, I am rather a good singer. In keeping with the theme, I'm a female but I sing in the tenor/baritone range.

Ken is weighing in in the comments:

Sounds like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I feel sorry for the one that did/does marry their son.

Because "sleeping around" and alcoholism totally on par with pedophilia and murder :angry-steamingears: These are 2 very vile, scary human beings.

I do too. But Lori blogged about her son-in-law's mom being a servant and submitting and she said her daughter-in-law's mom is same way. She also once mentioned that her son-in-law made her daughter get rid of certain clothes. The daughter-in-law also believes in spanking. In a way I can't say I feel sorry for Lori's sil and dil, they are cut from the same cloth as the Alexander family. The younger two kids will likely follow suit as the older two kids did when it comes to dating and marriage. Someone here mentioned Lori's youngest daughter having a blog where she talks about finding a husband. Her daughter is 22 or 23 and still a bit young. I bet she has trouble finding a husband because there aren't a whole lot of conservative fundie lite type Christians who are as extreme as her family. Lori and her family aren't hardcore fundies either and I doubt Cassi would ever marry a Duggar or Maxwell type. One of my former co-workers has a single son who is 24 and recently finished divinity school. On those details alone, Lori would think he would be perfect for Cassi. My co-worker's son is less conservative than Lori's family and he is ok with women working, going to college, and he probably would be disgusted with Lori and her family. As for Lori's other son Steven, he is in orthodontic school and that probably works as a good excuse for him to find a wife for awhile. I think at least one of Lori's kids will leave the fundie lite lifestyle because something is bound to backfire on them.

Brother Claddagh and I were inspired by Lori so we made a shop called "Harlots of Babylon." We don't have anything up yet but it's there. :twisted:

For that we must actually thank Lori. Never thought I'd be saying that.

I can sing back-up and wear a low-cut tank (while braless, of course) and short-shorts. Oh, and I have very brightly painted toenails! I can also put my ebil, shiny, new business accounting degree to good use by being RHoB's manager. And I'll take a t-shirt, too, please. :)

I wonder what Lori would advise if the husband approached the wife and said, "You know, I've prayed about it, and it seems God wants you to be assertive. He wants you to wear pants, have a career you enjoy, and refuse sex when you don't want it. He wants me to try a hand at keeping house, too."

As for the band, I am rather a good singer. In keeping with the theme, I'm a female but I sing in the tenor/baritone range.

Totally off-topic, but to the bolded me too!!!

Can you recommend any singers besides Tracy Chapman (who I credit with helping me begin to like my voice) who sing in that range? My music collection is sorely lacking in that regard. :oops:

For fun lets make a set list for RHOB

I will add our necessary cover of Godless Beyonce's Naughty Girl which is dedicated specifically to Lori and a bonus cover of Destiny Child's Independent Women also dedicated to Lori to piss her off.

I'm not sure how well my voice would fit in, as it's pretty high and girly, but perhaps that would horrify the people that would hate the RHOBs - how could anybody who sounds so feminine be in that group? I'm no professional but I do have a couple of years of heavy-duty lessons under my belt.

Archived