IGNORED

Lori on Harlots and Modesty

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/02/rebellious-harlots-of-babylon.html

Are you raising a rebellious harlot of Babylon or a beautiful Bride of Christ? The feminist movement has been giving the message that women must become more assertive, independent, and demanding of their rights. This is completely opposite of what God wants women to become. It is self-seeking and goes contrary to the servant attitude of Christ. As a result, our society is crumbling at its foundation, the home.

Look around at the teenagers today. I recall a man telling of his taking his son to his first day of junior high. Out in front were gathered a group of young girls dressed in tight short clothing and tons of makeup. He immediately turned the car around and said he wasn't going to drop his son off to a bunch of hookers.

As mothers we must be careful as we raise our daughters not to pursue worldly things and worldly appearances. Often Christian mothers are so into how their daughters look, and how they dress, that they give off the wrong messages. It is no wonder that prom night arrives and we find our Christian young ladies dressed just like the world, boobs hanging out and dresses slit up to the butt, and then we lament that it was at the all night party she lost her virginity.

Girls are taught to be strong and aggressive taking over the roles of men and even desiring to fight on the front lines in battle. They are taught to never depend upon a man and they can even act like men: sleep around, ask the guys out, call them on the phone, go boldly after what they want, have a career spent all day away from home, etc.

After reading the entire posting, I thought about the movie Easy A and this scene which reminds me of Lori.

tumblr_lz6b3sHbKH1r7ontd.gif

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"""They are taught to never depend upon a man and they can even act like men: sleep around, ask the guys out, call them on the phone, go boldly after what they want, have a career spent all day away from home, etc"""

SO, guys are supposed to sleep around and sleeping around is just proof that girls want to be like guys?

Girls are taught to be strong and aggressive taking over the roles of men and even desiring to fight on the front lines in battle. They are taught to never depend upon a man and they can even act like men: sleep around, ask the guys out, call them on the phone, go boldly after what they want, have a career spent all day away from home, etc.

The horror!

I can never get over the amount of internalized misogyny fundie women have. I know it must be at least partly sour grapes as other women can actually have a life that is truly fulfilling by choosing their own paths, but the frothing at the mouth hatred must get exhausting.

I want to learn to play guitar just so I can form a band called Rebellious Harlots of Babylon.

Are you raising a rebellious harlot of Babylon or a beautiful Bride of Christ? The feminist movement has been giving the message that women must become more assertive, independent, and demanding of their rights. This is completely opposite of what God wants women to become. It is self-seeking and goes contrary to the servant attitude of Christ. As a result, our society is crumbling at its foundation, the home.

I don't think Lori's read that much of the Bible. As I recall, there were quite a few women who were assertive, independent, and demanding of their rights. Sarah, Miriam, Deborah, Judith, Jael, Esther, the daughters of Zelophehad . . .

I want to learn to play guitar just so I can form a band called Rebellious Harlots of Babylon.

Can I join? I can play keyboard and sing ^^

I think she means to imply "wordly" guys. No fundie son would ever be like that, of course.

Can I join? I can play keyboard and sing ^^

I think she means to imply "wordly" guys. No fundie son would ever be like that, of course.

I also think she meant that. She has talked about or implied things about non fundie men before in the past. One recent example is her Christmas posting. There she said that her nephew was happy that their family was happy because his college buddies don't go home often and they drink.

I don't think Lori's read that much of the Bible. As I recall, there were quite a few women who were assertive, independent, and demanding of their rights. Sarah, Miriam, Deborah, Judith, Jael, Esther, the daughters of Zelophehad . . .

And it was an actual harlot, Rahab, who saved Gideon's ass while he and his buddies were snooping around Jericho.

Uh, women have always been on the front lines during wartime - either as soldiers or support staff, or as victims. There's not a whole lot of other options - y'know, not a lot going on besides killing and dying - in an active war-zone.

And also Lori is saying 'feminism' teaches women to be both independent and so beholden to the male gaze that they dress like "harlots" to attract attention. Once again, women can do no right.

And it was an actual harlot, Rahab, who saved Gideon's ass while he and his buddies were snooping around Jericho.

I should have remembered that one--it was the haftarah for my bat mitzvah.

and this bad because?

and this bad because?

because how are they going to be pure, modest and submissive popping out one baby after the other if they have tasted the forbidden fruit of worldly delights outside of the home?

I have to say "call them on the phone" sticks out. You can't even initiate a phone call? No wonder you get the SAHDs in their thirties sitting about.

On a related Lori note, I've been looking through some of her early posts and she always been pushing submission. She wrote about her daughter's inlaws visiting and she only praised the wife because she does everything for her hubby. I also wonder if Lori and Ken had a huge hand in setting up Ryan and Alyssa with people who come from households like theirs.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2011/02/jons-mother-lynnette.html

I recall a man telling of his taking his son to his first day of junior high. Out in front were gathered a group of young girls dressed in tight short clothing and tons of makeup. He immediately turned the car around and said he wasn't going to drop his son off to a bunch of hookers.

I am appalled that a father would refer to a group of children as "hookers". Bastard.

I am appalled that a father would refer to a group of children as "hookers". Bastard.

I think she is lying and made that story up out of thin air.

Where had this father been for the last 13 years, if a bunch of tween girls scared him off.

On a related Lori note, I've been looking through some of her early posts and she always been pushing submission. She wrote about her daughter's inlaws visiting and she only praised the wife because she does everything for her hubby. I also wonder if Lori and Ken had a huge hand in setting up Ryan and Alyssa with people who come from households like theirs.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2011/02/jons-mother-lynnette.html

I just read that.

Lynette serves Dennis...A LOT!!!

I think this is fundie code for: built in maid that waits on you hand and foot. Here in the real world we call it: enabling a lazy bastard.

My husband and I are both feminist, so that's not happening here. We both do for each other, but neither of us thinks we have live in help.

I've said it time and time again, but I'd love to do a wife swap with one of these fundie types (not really, but it's fun to dream of putting some of these men in their places). A week with me and Dennis would soon learn he could cook, clean, and get his own sodas.

I think she is lying and made that story up out of thin air.

Where had this father been for the last 13 years, if a bunch of tween girls scared him off.

That's a good point.

The feminist movement has been giving the message that women must become more assertive, independent, and demanding of their rights.

Exactly what is wrong with that?

Women like that are awesome!

It seems like a lot of these fundie men would be way more interested in a sex doll and lifetime maid service than an actual woman.

Look around at the teenagers today. I recall a man telling of his taking his son to his first day of junior high. Out in front were gathered a group of young girls dressed in tight short clothing and tons of makeup. He immediately turned the car around and said he wasn't going to drop his son off to a bunch of hookers.

Provided this story is even true I think it gives solid proof Daddy Dearest shouldn't be around women...ever. It shows an incredible lack of respect for women in general.

Girls are taught to be strong and aggressive taking over the roles of men and even desiring to fight on the front lines in battle. They have been taught to never depend upon a man and they can even act like men: sleep around, call them on the phone and ask them out, go boldly after what they want, have a career spent all day away from home, etc.

Bolding mine. It never ceases to amaze me how she wants women to be completely dependent on men and yet forgets what's to happen to the woman if the man dies, is injured, or leaves her? She'll need some way to support herself.

Besides, what's so wrong with a girl calling a guy up on the phone to ask them out or have a career? Women aren't and shouldn't be chained to the home.

Rebellious Harlots Of Babylon

Soooooo many art ideas... :twisted:

It seems like a lot of these fundie men would be way more interested in a sex doll and lifetime maid service than an actual woman.

It seems that these men must feel powerless in their own lives to want/need to be lord and master of their wives AND think then need to force respect from their wives, not by earning it by being worthy of respect, but by relying on the weapon of "GOd says you must or you are sinning".

I have respected my husband since I met him, and he's never had to force me to do so. What is wrong with these men that their wives don't respect them just for their own actions. OR, if they do, what is wrong wtih these men that ther seems never to be enough respect, no matter how low the women go.

because how are they going to be pure, modest and submissive popping out one baby after the other if they have tasted the forbidden fruit of worldly delights outside of the home?

I have to say "call them on the phone" sticks out. You can't even initiate a phone call? No wonder you get the SAHDs in their thirties sitting about.

I wonder if Lori gets an extra spanking on the days she calls Ken at the office?* You know, for being a bad, bad assertive girl who doesn't know her place.

(* if yes, I bet the number is on speed dial.)

Archived