IGNORED

Lori on Harlots and Modesty

from the peanut gallery:

We are to speak evil of no man. Please re-read this post . Where is your kind, meek and gentle spirit? You are clearly speaking evil of (wo)mankind.

And you certainly don't seem "shamefaced."

Awesome! :D Can't wait to see how Lori replies to this one. I've never seen her admit to being wrong (unless it's for the grave wrongs she done to Ken :roll: ), and I don't expect it to start today (she's a mentor you know), but I'm glad she's getting it handed to her with her own book.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a bass guitar for Christmas. I dont know how to play it yet, but when I do, I want to be in the Rebellious Harlots of Babylon!!

I'm surprised she let that comment go through. I also found out which church Lori and Ken attend. They attend a megachurch called North Coast Calvary Chapel. It seems pretty mainstream, my guess is that K&L are in the faction of the more conservative members. Lori mentioned couples at church rejecting her and Ken. Now have after looking through the church website, I can why some don't want to be mentored by the Great Alexander Couple.

I think she is lying and made that story up out of thin air.

Where had this father been for the last 13 years, if a bunch of tween girls scared him off.

I don't read Lori, but I'm sure she's not above lying for Jeebus, based on the crap from her blog that gets posted here.

If this father really did call a group of girls "hookers," I feel sorry for his son and any girls or women he'll eventually be involved with, as he will surely grow up with screwed-up attitudes toward sex and women.

I love how Lori's thinking, if you can call it that, is so limited that she can conceive of only two types of women: rebellious harlots and modest brides of Christ. She would've been impressed with my shy, seemingly submissive, virginal teenage self... until she found out I was an unsaved!!111!! Jew.

I think Lori's blog is a window into what years of physical, emotional, and spiritual abuse can do to someone. Judging from the manner in which her husband presents himself on her blog, I don't think Lori gets any feelings of safety or respect in her marriage. And I don't think she's felt safe, respected, or appreciated for a long, long time, years before she even knew what blogging was.

I think years of living in her home and coping with her marriage have turned Lori into one very angry, very viscous middle-aged woman. She's angry that there are women who aren't forced to endure being spanked and slapped by their husbands. She's angry that there are husbands actually cherish their wives and deeply value their opinions and viewpoints. She's angry that most wives are not forced to be silent, submissive helpmeets by bullying, controlling husbands. She's angry that there are children who aren't being beaten or tortured by or thought of as little whores by their parents.

It would not at all surprise me if in years past she took her rage, frustration, and feelings of helplessness out on her family. Today she's taking it all out on her readership. On some level I think she knows she advocates for abuse and that this is terribly wrong, so she's glommed on to the whole "Corporal Punishment for the Glory of the Lord Jesus Christ" philosophy as a way of coping with the guilt. I think, moreover, that she so angry about her own life that she advocates for wifely submission in a sadistic hope that there will be more women who are forced to go through what she has.

I am not excusing Lori. I think her opinions are vile and dangerous. But at the same time Lori reminds me of a dog who's been made vicious from years of abuse and neglect. Yes, the dog lunges and snaps and growls and will bite you if given half a chance. But I pity the dog at the same time. I feel the same about Lori. I read her vitriol and so often I end up asking, "What in the heck's happened to you that you ended up like this, Lori?"

edited - typos

Considering most public schools have a dress code, I call bullshit on her story.

I don't. Fundy short/tight is different from the real world's short/tight.

Don't even know where to start, the logic is so twisted and stupid, it's unbelieveable!

Women are bad. Men are awesome so we should never ever try and be like them.

There, I explained it. You're welcome.

Rebellious Harlots of Babylon? I play the guitar and can write a pretty good tune too!

I'll bake brownies and oatmeal raising cookies, without the raisins. I expected to be paid handsomely for not singing.

I don't. Fundy short/tight is different from the real world's short/tight.

I teach at an ebil public school and dress code is ALWAYS an issue. I'm appalled at what many of the kids (both girls and boys) wear. As early as 5th grade I have seen bra straps, thongs, bare midriffs, boxer shorts, shirts with playboy bunny logos...the list goes on and on. I HATE bandage skirts...seriously, sometimes the girls do look like they have just come from a 'pimps and hoes' party. Three principals and a dean of students can't keep up with it, particularly in the late spring. Even if kids are called in they will "fix" the problem for a period or two and then take the sweatshirt off or sag the jeans because admin. has moved on to another student. It is ridiculous.

This, to me, is a parenting problem. I buy my daughter's clothing, therefore, I say NO to bandage skirts, thin strapped tank tops, and low rider jeans. She is still able to dress in a trendy, and appropriate, manner.

**Steps off soapbox.**

(In college I loved me a good pimps and hoes party...but I would never dress that way to go to class.)

That's a good point.

I agree. I think Lori pulls stuff out of her ass (like Kelly Crawford) and her leghumpers eat it up.

As for our band, Rebellious Harlots of Babylon, can I bring more cowbell?

morecowbell.gif

Does Lori only post on telling women what to do? Or does she ever post other useful stuff- like what diameter PVC pipe I need to beat my toddler with?

I can play the kazoo with one is needed for the band BTW;)

Does Lori only post on telling women what to do? Or does she ever post other useful stuff- like what diameter PVC pipe I need to beat my toddler with?

I can play the kazoo with one is needed for the band BTW;)

She has talked about using a leather strap on her kids. She fangirls over Michael Pearl quite a bit, but she never reveals deep details about TTUAC on her blog. I have the bad feeling that she corresponds with some of her fangirls over email about "child training".

I think Lori's blog is a window into what years of physical, emotional, and spiritual abuse can do to someone. Judging from the manner in which her husband presents himself on her blog, I don't think Lori gets any feelings of safety or respect in her marriage. And I don't think she's felt safe, respected, or appreciated for a long, long time, years before she even knew what blogging was.

I think years of living in her home and coping with her marriage have turned Lori into one very angry, very viscous middle-aged woman. She's angry that there are women who aren't forced to endure being spanked and slapped by their husbands. She's angry that there are husbands actually cherish their wives and deeply value their opinions and viewpoints. She's angry that most wives are not forced to be silent, submissive helpmeets by bullying, controlling husbands. She's angry that there are children who aren't being beaten or tortured by or thought of as little whores by their parents.

It would not at all surprise me if in years past she took her rage, frustration, and feelings of helplessness out on her family. Today she's taking it all out on her readership. On some level I think she knows she advocates for abuse and that this is terribly wrong, so she's glommed on to the whole "Corporal Punishment for the Glory of the Lord Jesus Christ" philosophy as a way of coping with the guilt. I think, moreover, that she so angry about her own life that she advocates for wifely submission in a sadistic hope that there will be more women who are forced to go through what she has.

I am not excusing Lori. I think her opinions are vile and dangerous. But at the same time Lori reminds me of a dog who's been made vicious from years of abuse and neglect. Yes, the dog lunges and snaps and growls and will bite you if given half a chance. But I pity the dog at the same time. I feel the same about Lori. I read her vitriol and so often I end up asking, "What in the heck's happened to you that you ended up like this, Lori?"

edited - typos

I agree with a lot of this. If you read some of the postings where she talks about dealing with illness, she treated her daughter like shit for not making a soup the way she wanted it. When I read that particular posting, I got the vibe that she probably uses her kids as punching bags. Some of her postings about her daughter Alyssa and son-in-law Jon give me the feeling that she is probably encouraging them to also have a d/s type relationship. I mentioned in a previous post about doing research on the church she attends and I think she has always sadistic hope that her fellow church members will go through what she goes through. Hence her mentoring activities at that church.

Just when I think we have a lock on the FJ post count titles, along comes Lori with Rebellious Harlots of Babylon" :doh:

Seriously, if "Rebellious Harlot of Babylon" becomes a title, it better be put somewhere in the 4000 range. It'll give me a goal to work towards :lol:

She has talked about using a leather strap on her kids. She fangirls over Michael Pearl quite a bit, but she never reveals deep details about TTUAC on her blog. I have the bad feeling that she corresponds with some of her fangirls over email about "child training".

sweet jesus :evil:

from the peanut gallery:

Awesome! :D Can't wait to see how Lori replies to this one. I've never seen her admit to being wrong (unless it's for the grave wrongs she done to Ken :roll: ), and I don't expect it to start today (she's a mentor you know), but I'm glad she's getting it handed to her with her own book.

FWIW, the comment has now been replaced w/:

This comment has been deleted by the administrator.

Lori:

You're welcome. We must always speak up about sin and evil, warning others about the dire consequences of it. I deleted the comment you commented to since it was a woman who insists on criticizing me several times on every post. I must have accidentally posted it instead of deleting it. Thank you so much for defending me! :)

So her ilk are calling young girls "hookers" and LORI is the one who needs defending? You have got to be effing kidding me. This woman hit her children with a leather strap. She believes in force feeding babies. She believes women should "give" their husbands sex whether they want to or not. She thinks women should obey men and as a 50 something year old woman whispers into her husband's ear that she's been a "naughty girl". No Lori, you do not need defending. People need to be defended from YOU.

I want to learn to play guitar just so I can form a band called Rebellious Harlots of Babylon.

I don't think Lori's read that much of the Bible. As I recall, there were quite a few women who were assertive, independent, and demanding of their rights. Sarah, Miriam, Deborah, Judith, Jael, Esther, the daughters of Zelophehad . . .

Firstly, another volunteer here for Rebellious Harlots of Babylon. No need for modesty here on freejinger so I can tell you I'm pretty hot on the electric Violin but can also get by on Bass Guitar, Keyboard and Drums. I'm an average singer but might be useful as a backup vocalist.

Back to Lori; Ruth & Naomi spring to mind too. It was a pretty big deal for Ruth to stay and look after her mother-in-law Naomi, instead of returning to her own people after the death of her husband. I'd also love to remind Lori that in Proverbs we are told that a good wife invests in real estate and organises for it to be farmed without the help of her husband.

Mary Magdeline, Fotini (the woman at the well), and Lydia. Lori would have known about them if she actually read the New Testament. You know, a woman on the same level as the disciples; another woman who was bold enough as a woman and Samaritan to speak to Jesus who was a man and Jew and went on to become an evangelist in her own right; and yet another woman who was a businesswoman. Jesus shows favor to the first two and Lydia, that unnatural woman who worked outside the home, was considered a model Christian woman by her contemporaries. None of that is important, however. They qualify as Babylonian harlots because they didn't stay quiet and even worse, didn't stay home. :hand:

I'll sign up for concert advertising, no one should have to hear me sing.

I just emailed my husband about REBELLIOUS HARLOTS OF BABYLON and received this reply;

So when is my REBELLIOUS HARLOTS OF BABYLON roadie T-shirt arriving? That would definitely turn heads at dancing.

(Hubby is a dancer and is the only man in all but one of the six classes he does each week.)

I have warned him that the band will probably have a strongly feminist approach to music and life in general but he says he is prepared to submit to anything I say. So, how do we feel? Can a man be our roadie? He does have theatre experience.

Archived