IGNORED

Swear An Oath Or No Diploma For You

NjoyingNsanity

I submit most joyfully to the ultimate power of the most high and mighty FJ!

Is that good enough? I'll fetch your slippers, too, but I can't purr or bark, sorry.

But really: Thanks! So embarrassing!

Good enough. My slippers are in the bedroom.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even apart from the mention of God, which is unnecessary and offensive, I am so tired of this faux-patriotic crap. Oddly enough, you can raise responsible citizens without making them swear their SUPER SPESHUL ALLEGIANCE AND DESIRE TO DEFEND THE MOTHERLAND WITH THEIR BARE HANDS IF NEEDED at every juncture.

Not only that, but how many of these people actually support their children joining the military? Not that I want more nutjobs to annoy me at work, but seriously - put your money where your mouth is, and stop talking about how much you love America. Do something for her. Join the military. Do some sort of service to your community to make things better because it's the right thing to do, not because you're storing up Jesus Fan Club tickets. Start by not continuing to make us all look like idiots.

Not only that, but how many of these people actually support their children joining the military? Not that I want more nutjobs to annoy me at work, but seriously - put your money where your mouth is, and stop talking about how much you love America. Do something for her. Join the military. Do some sort of service to your community to make things better because it's the right thing to do, not because you're storing up Jesus Fan Club tickets. Start by not continuing to make us all look like idiots.

THIS!

I don't feel any need to swear allegiance to the USA...my husband is retired Navy, I have a son in the Army. I don't see any of these right wing nuts either enlisting or offering military service to their children as a career. My father was also retired military and my mother was a refugee from a communist country. Sure, the USA is all fine and dandy, but nothing special. These "patriots" give me the willies....

As I posted on my Facebook when this came around: I swore an oath when I joined the army. But it wasn't just he oath that kept me in check. I signed lots and lots of contracty paperwork that outlined my performance.

If an oath were enough, no one needs a contract like that. If an oath is not enough, then there's no point in making an oath.

It's not even automatically foreigners :lol:

I became a commie when I was 18, just before I left high school. I could not have sworn that oath if I was American, because it goes directly against my political and religious beliefs. I think it's likely there are Americans feeling the same way :doh:

These guys are so daft.

I have to sign up to use some rooms in my school for special events (like the Gym or Cafeteria), and I noticed that there is a blurb on the sheet about not using it for communist or anti-government activities. I bet that's been on there since the McCarthy era.

This law is unconstitutional. But on the other hand it's persecuting Christians because people who don't believe in the Christian God/deitie(s) in general don't want to say it! But not all Christians are like that! We need an wahmbulance! Wa!

Wa! Waa! Waaa! Waaaa! Waaaaa! Waaaaah!

:auto-ambulance: :auto-ambulance: :auto-ambulance:

Archived