IGNORED

Maxwells Return to Drive-Thru Safari

library_youth

The five reversal kids play the majority of the music and are fairly talented on their respective instruments. They played some bluegrass that I actually enjoyed. The singing, however, is simply awful. Think caterwauling...

The session I attended was Keeping Our Children's Heart - all kinds of crazy.

Oh man. I have the book (got it off eBay!) and yeah, it is all kinds of crazy and then some. Can't deny it'd be interesting to see them in person though...

You seem to have the pretty much consensus opinion on their music, too. I've only heard the odd clip on the Internet and that was sufficient :lol: (not claiming I can sing my own way out of a paper bag, mind you, but I don't put on concerts!!)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These type of places usually make me very very angry. It takes so much expertise to properly house and care for wildlife - and 9/10 times these rural places don't have it. Ugh.

**steps off soapbox**

QFthefuckingT

I was so angry to see them go to a place like this in which the animals are overly-humanly socialized and likely not provided appropriate care for their species-specific needs. What happens if that camel gets socked in the face by some jackass who doesn't want to be drooled on? Terrible.

Guest Anonymous

I don't see anything too snarkworthy in adults going on an outing together for a birthday; my family would do that occasionally. Shame they couldn't go on a day the little girls could make it though.

They seem to make a point of going places where the journey is 4-5 hours each way though. It is as if they are rationing the amount of time that will be left for having fun and actually being somewhere.

They seem to make a point of going places where the journey is 4-5 hours each way though. It is as if they are rationing the amount of time that will be left for having fun and actually being somewhere.

Hmmm, Steve's mother's nursing home is about 3 hours away. Maybe they could find it in their hearts to get there a little more often?

I don't see anything too snarkworthy in adults going on an outing together for a birthday; my family would do that occasionally. Shame they couldn't go on a day the little girls could make it though.

Or, Melanie was back home saying to Christopher, "There's no way in hell I'm packing up three babies and driving three hours just to go to this damn place with your family AGAIN."

Did anyone else notice that they called one of the animals selfish for trying to eat more? Just because the maxwells eat 1/3 of a normal diet doesn't mean that animals should or want to.

Their books aren't just sold through their own presentations.. they're also sold through a lot of homeschool curriculum retailers (and other Christian book shops), and not only in the USA.

The latest post is a baby shower they did for some visiting 'friends'.

There were about 20 woman and children pictured but the meanness of the food offered. A handful of strawberries, a few peanut butter balls and half a pineapple. To top that off they insult the guests further and make them sit round a table! Nothing wrong with laying a table, but for that stingy offering? Does Stevie not allow food in the living room? I applaud them for eating healthily, a few Crisps, nuts etc for a party not hurt.

You are a mean spirited Tool Stevie. :naughty:

There were about 20 woman and children pictured but the meanness of the food offered. A handful of strawberries, a few peanut butter balls and half a pineapple. To top that off they insult the guests further and make them sit round a table! Nothing wrong with laying a table, but for that stingy offering? Does Stevie not allow food in the living room? I applaud them for eating healthily, a few Crisps, nuts etc for a party not hurt.

Reminds me of the spread they prepared for after caroling. A few trays of cookies and things for the whole fam, grandbabies included. If I were hosting 10+ people after a long exertion in the cold, there would be heaps of food on the table. Sorry, I'm Jewish - I don't understand the concept of NOT overfeeding your guests and family. :lol:

Guest Anonymous

It is made more stark by the way the spread the strawberries out an inch apart on a large platter.

I suspect the sitting round the table is a standard ruse to ensure that no ungodly chatter takes place. No doubt Teri had an icebreaker task prepared, in order to keep everyone focused on the topic of their imminent death and judgement.

They played a game at the baby shower - "pretend you let the baby sleep in and now you're late for church" accompanied by a photo of women trying to be the quickest to dress a baby doll. Isn't that a little too close to having f-u-n?

What happens if that camel gets socked in the face by some jackass who doesn't want to be drooled on? Terrible.

I was amazed anyone is about to let a camel put its head into their CAR!! I've only seen them at a distance but... yeah, they spit! (or worse yet apparently it's more like vomiting - either way I do NOT want that in my car and it wouldn't be the camel's fault if it happened!!)

i think there was other food at the shower that just wasn't shown... i can see something in this photo that looks like pasta or something....

http://www.titus2.com/blog/wp-content/u ... C_0720.jpg

and in the far background here it looks like there's more than just the pineapple and pb balls on the counter....

http://www.titus2.com/blog/wp-content/u ... C_0722.jpg

edit: okay how do i break the links? i thought you just remove the "http://" part... but i did that and it was still clickable - and had returned when i went in to edit... ?

You can get a folder at the Apps store that is secure. Put what apps you don't want accessible in the folder and put a password on it. I know there are some basic apps on iPhone that you cannot delete. Also, you can't dl any apps with out an account with apple.

ETA: In other words a control freak could have complete control over their adult child's phone.

i think there was other food at the shower that just wasn't shown... i can see something in this photo that looks like pasta or something....

http://www.titus2.com/blog/wp-content/u ... C_0720.jpg

and in the far background here it looks like there's more than just the pineapple and pb balls on the counter....

http://www.titus2.com/blog/wp-content/u ... C_0722.jpg

edit: okay how do i break the links? i thought you just remove the "http://" part... but i did that and it was still clickable - and had returned when i went in to edit... ?

Tableclothes.....

Those photos of their 'spread'... I'm sorry, but what? How can they be so stingy?

Over Christmas, we had a bit of a party. The table was laden with food, probably too much, but I hated the idea of people being in my house and thinking 'Well, Abi's clearly a crappy host'.

Their guests must love them :roll:

They didn't appear to have very many guests who weren't family, but I still felt for sorry for the honoree.

Reminds me of the spread they prepared for after caroling. A few trays of cookies and things for the whole fam, grandbabies included. If I were hosting 10+ people after a long exertion in the cold, there would be heaps of food on the table. Sorry, I'm Jewish - I don't understand the concept of NOT overfeeding your guests and family. :lol:

I'm Italian. We overfeed everyone too.

Re: Maxwell income.

I attended one of the Maxwell conferences abut two years ago. I think that they take in a lot more money hawking their wares than some people realize. There was a huge crowd looking at their products before and after each "session" and the lineups were telling - women lined up with so many books piled on their arms that they were literally falling on the ground. I can hardly believe it but there are a LOT of people out there buying what the Maxwell's are selling.

I am also sure that since they all work in the family business 24/7 that Steve claims all their computers, phones, travel etc. as tax deductions. Way to not rely on the Government, Steve!

Meh, I thought that the shower was a nice thought. I took it as the couple was only visiting for the weekend so it was just (in theory) a nice little gathering. The food spread was definitely sparse though-- I looked at the pictures quite carefully and didn't see much beyond what they had listed. They are so odd. But she cleaned up on gifts! Some bible verses, a book of some sort, and a homemade polarfleece blanket! :dance:

Meh, I thought that the shower was a nice thought. I took it as the couple was only visiting for the weekend so it was just (in theory) a nice little gathering. The food spread was definitely sparse though-- I looked at the pictures quite carefully and didn't see much beyond what they had listed. They are so odd. But she cleaned up on gifts! Some bible verses, a book of some sort, and a homemade polarfleece blanket! :dance:

The food looked very sparse. Would it have killed them to make a fruit salad and a few appetizer-type things?

That is Anna-Marie's & Christopher's house, right? They have the most depressing-looking living room I've ever seen. Are they not allowed to make any updates to any of the 80's decor?

Just read the baby shower post. Uh-oh! Looks like Abby has a f[redacted]! (F-r-i-e-n-d!) I'd hesitate to point out something joyful a Maxwell has in their lives, except I know that Steve doesn't control Abby and can't take that away from her. Suck it, Steve! Your granddaughter gets to experience genuine happiness on occasion!

Archived