IGNORED

Maxwells Return to Drive-Thru Safari

library_youth

New Maxwell blog post. They went back to a drive-thru wildlife safari that they once visited on Steve-O's 60th birthday. The post is fairly boring, some cute pictures of animals, then this at the very end from Sarah:

If you haven’t settled the question as to where you will spend eternity, please don’t put it off. Just yesterday, my heart broke, as I shared with a sweet, elderly woman, who appears to be dying. From all evidence, she has rejected Jesus. I pray she turns to Him in her last hours. If you think of it, please pray for Miss A.

Shut up, Sarah. Just when I start to feel sorry for you...

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2013/01/21/another-safari-visit/

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*sigh* That's the sort of birthday expedition that (and I mean no disrespect to animal lovers, as I might enjoy this, too) I would set up for my five-year-old grandson, not for a 31-year-old woman.

Y'all, those things are something akin to experiencing a real life Jurassic Park mixed in with what an acid trip must feel like. CRAZY.

Probably the closest this poor woman will get to a sublime experience.

I noticed in some of the pictures that some family members (not sure exactly which ones) were taking pictures with their iPhone 5s. Were do these people get their money for all of their toys? Also, what in the world are the "kids" allowed to do on their iPhones? I'm oddly fascinated. I imagine that it would be like when I let my 3 year old nephew play with my iPhone. He is in the same room with me when he has it, and I have certain previewed apps that I picked out for him. I think that it might be a pretty accurate comparison...

Is it possible to disable things on an iPhone like the iTunes store or the Internet? If so, I bet Steve has the settings locked down tight.

Also, I'm not sure why they all need phones. Who exactly are they calling?

Is it possible to disable things on an iPhone like the iTunes store or the Internet? If so, I bet Steve has the settings locked down tight.

I believe you can, yes. Parental controls. You password protect the phone, and you get a screen to turn services on or off. So, you can set the phone so it can't use safari, the iStore, YouTube, that sort of thing.

Of course I presume if you plug the thing into a computer (to sync with iTunes) and revert to factory settings, you have an out. But surely their parents would notice them doing it.

Anyway, there are all kinds of great self-contained reference apps for the iPhone, some of these are why I ever got a phone in the first place. The Maxwells probably have some Bible apps on their phones for starters, perhaps a concordance? The phone part of the phone, they probably call each other ("smoothie ingredient sale at Costco!!! Should we buy extra?") or maybe some relatives.

I know occasionally in NYC-based Jewish papers you can find ads for iPods preloaded with Talmud lectures on 'em and phones with apps for the "page of Talmud a day" (Daf Yomi) thing, that makes me wonder if maybe the Maxwells listen to some scripture lessons, but then I snap out of it and realize they only listen to Steve-O.

Though perhaps the "Daddy Tapes" are now "Daddy Podcasts..."

Where the money comes from is always a big question around here. No one really knows.

I know for certain that you can lock that stuff down. Employers do it all the time. I believe that the Duggars are very proud of the fact that Jim Bob can't surf the net on his phone and can only access certain apps like the weather. Its crazy that ADULTS cannot be trusted with the friggin' interwebz.

These type of places usually make me very very angry. It takes so much expertise to properly house and care for wildlife - and 9/10 times these rural places don't have it. Ugh.

**steps off soapbox**

I never knew it was possible to take such boring pictures of animals, especially when they are eating out of your family members hands. You'd think it would take a little longer for their personalities to rub off on the animals.

This! I've wondered about this myself.

I'm surprised Steve doesn't make them use an iPod touch with some sort of software to make calls for free through google voice. The only they could possibly be allowed to use on the phone are the bible apps and I'm assuming you only need one of those. They aren't allowed to look at the news. They don't do social media. They probably don't take pictures. They don't have friends to text. They aren't going to be allowed to play games of any sort or surf the internet.

For the iphone discussion, I would interject that the Maxwells appear to be avid photographers. They even carry expensive, professional grade cameras when out. They probably use the iphone to do lots of photos and have photo editing apps on there. I wager they text each other and call each other to during ministry tours. Obviously, they have bible apps (of which there are plenty), utility apps for anything anything you can think of. I admit their apps will be spotty compared to my husband's collection of game apps, but the iphone is used for many purposes outside of games and social media. Their business is IT focused so it's probably good that they can ensure their products are mobile-friendly. As for cost....well, I guess business is good? Actually, I figure with their house paid for (and built themselves), and with several wage earning adults living together, it's not surprising they have extra money to splurge. It's surprising how much money one can save when living at home.

As for Sarah's birthday party. Well, I think there is suppose to be a celebration at home too, so hopefully, it will be more to Sarah's liking. The safari is one of those Maxwell approved ventures because it's "wholesome", close by (they don't live exactly in a tourism mecca), and it allows them to avoid looking at slutty whores (i.e women wearing pants, miniskirts, tanks etc). Given the Maxwells' avoidance of so many things, it's surprising they find anything to their liking. I'm glad the family got out to do something nonreligious, even if it's something most people would bring their 5 year olds to.....

Some of the writing in the latest post is so - words fail me.

Mr. Ostrich greeted us first.

We went out for a meal at Lambert’s, home of the Throwed Rolls. It was a great adventure!

The whole thing sounds like a 5 year old's day out. Very funny, but very sad.

I'm surprised they still go out to eat, given the high probability of defrauding and possible exposure to worldly things. Remembering how they tried to call ahead to a restaurant on Halloween to request that their servers not wear certain costumes (before they went into total hiding so they could pretend Halloween didn't exist), it's a wonder Steve can eat, giving how tightly his jaws must be clenched together.

And yeah, "Mr. Ostrich" kind of made me want to cry. Coming from Abby or Bethie, it's cute. From a 31 year old "woman" it's pathetic. The youngest person there is 16, FFS.

As for everyone having a phone, the better to keep tabs. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Steve has GPS trackers enabled for all of them. Can't see them having too many photo apps though (says the woman with close to 100 of them :oops: ) For the most part, photo apps are FUN. Which is a Maxwellian no-no. As best, the most I've seen Sarah do photowise is a lot of desaturation--not a biggie. Can't see her whiling away the hours goofing around with Hipstamatic.

They are using up all that pent up angst on 'Angry birds.'

Why do I have a feeling that the entire family had to share that plate of french fries, baked beans and chicken? Notice that everyone had to drink water. No Pepsi for anyone. Being a Maxwell would suck.

I'm surprised they didn't take the little girls to the safari.

I really don't see the point of them having iPhones, let alone the latest models. They aren't allowed on 99.99% of the Internet, they never go anywhere alone, they don't have friends, they aren't allowed to do anything fun......

New Maxwell blog post. They went back to a drive-thru wildlife safari that they once visited on Steve-O's 60th birthday. The post is fairly boring, some cute pictures of animals, then this at the very end from Sarah:

Shut up, Sarah. Just when I start to feel sorry for you...

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2013/01/21/another-safari-visit/

Isn't she doing a re-run? Or had the other non-saved elderly woman already died?

Re: Maxwell income.

I attended one of the Maxwell conferences abut two years ago. I think that they take in a lot more money hawking their wares than some people realize. There was a huge crowd looking at their products before and after each "session" and the lineups were telling - women lined up with so many books piled on their arms that they were literally falling on the ground. I can hardly believe it but there are a LOT of people out there buying what the Maxwell's are selling.

Cassia, I always suspected they made more money at these speaking tours than we realize.

You figure the MOTH books alone are $25 a piece, let alone their other products.

How did you happen to attend one of their seminars, Cassia?

Cassia, I always suspected they made more money at these speaking tours than we realize.

You figure the MOTH books alone are $25 a piece, let alone their other products.

How did you happen to attend one of their seminars, Cassia?

And they self publish, so the profit margin has got to be quite large

I have a friend who introduced me to FJ and we both ended up following the Maxwell blog. Once we noticed that they were coming to our city, we decided to go and see the crazy in person. We attended the Friday evening music session together and then I went back on Saturday morning for a few hours by myself.

I have a friend who introduced me to FJ and we both ended up following the Maxwell blog. Once we noticed that they were coming to our city, we decided to go and see the crazy in person. We attended the Friday evening music session together and then I went back on Saturday morning for a few hours by myself.

What was your impression of their musical skills? Do they sound better in person than on their cd?

What seminar did you attend on Saturday?

What was your impression of their musical skills? Do they sound better in person than on their cd?

What seminar did you attend on Saturday?

The five reversal kids play the majority of the music and are fairly talented on their respective instruments. They played some bluegrass that I actually enjoyed. The singing, however, is simply awful. Think caterwauling...

The session I attended was Keeping Our Children's Heart - all kinds of crazy.

Archived