IGNORED

Ahhh It's confirmed...Anna Duggar pregnant!!

Whit88

In the early days we thought that Boob had pretty tight control over editing decisions. That seems to have flown out the window. The "birth" episode is a good example of editors fun amok (YAY!).

1 - Anna repeatedly says "I cant do this." What kind of strong, faith filled, child bearing, joyous woman doubts her ability to do what GOD has created her to do? This weakness is unacceptable (albeit human but they dont find human acceptable).

2 - Nap time. Surely Joshie would have struck that out.

3 - Jill's tell all - yeah, that would have been struck for sure.

4 - The fully clothed tub scene. Why show the tub when it was never shown again. You mean you planned a waterbirth and it didnt go perfectly?

5 - The birth itself. They easily could have cut that out, had Michelle give a "summary" of how blessed and wonderfully strong Anna is and left out the birth considering no one could see anything anyway. This isnt "a baby's story." A shot of her in bed, holding the baby would have sufficed. Cut the entire bathroom scene out and no one would have been the wiser.

I'm sure there are more, but those jump out at me as things they would have had cut out.

I find it weird that they preach modesty but are willing to showing the birthing process. The other people saw her va jay jay

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it weird that they preach modesty but are willing to showing the birthing process. The other people saw her va jay jay

And they are MENZ!!!!!!

Shouldnt smuggles have insisted on a female camera crew?

edited to remove youtube embed.

I don't think Anna wanted to have Michael's birth be known as the toilet birth but I do think Anna wants to be a poster child for home birth. There were blogs of people that meet Anna and one youtube clip on the book tour, and the feeling was Anna is very pro homebirth and is happy to be encouraging others to do the same. I do not think she ever wanted a hospital birth with Mac. I think he visit to Dr Sarver was because of Michelle and to show the 2 going together. I really think Anna is more into a large family & homebirth then alot of people think. I think her family is spilit and she is on the Ester and Priscillia side and is going to try and have as many babies as she can and as many homebirths.

I'm still at such a loss why the pregnancy is a secret. I know the theories are Michelle is pregnant but I do not see it, or they are holding out for money. I just can't see how they think they could hid Anna till she is about 7 months when the show comes back on.

I actually think it is kind of good that they showed all the "I can't take this anymore" and pain and mess and time of normal childbirth.

The whole process has become so ridiculously sanitized that I think some people see it as a requirement to jump straight to invasive procedures if more than a little pain is felt or it takes more than a few hours. I think shows like "baby story" really plays to this.

I'm not at all against hospital births or interventions as needed - but I think there is value in normalizing a "regular" birth and showing a positive outcome.

The two episodes where Anna gives birth are my favorites. I think it's because they give this rare peek into the human side of the Duggars. They're usually so picture perfect, but when you see Anna crying out in agony, doubting the process, saying strange things and losing her decorum, it feels real. And it shows what quiverful women go through on a regular basis.

I'm incredibly lucky in that I had a short, straightforward birth. 7 hours of labour, needed some stitches after, but everything went well. I chose to have my son in a hospital, but was encouraged by the nurses to work with my body, I did, and both my son and I were healthy at the end of it, which is the main thing.

The downside for my husband was that labour started at 10:30pm. He drifted in and out of sleep during the early stages of labour, in the same room as me. When I hit a point when I really did think I could absolutely not do this whole labour thing anymore, he got one of the nurses on shift (not a lay midwife!) she found out I was progressing super fast, and got me drugs.

Here's the difference between my hubs and Josh - he napped at the early stage, during the night. When I needed him, which I did for 4 hours straight, he was there. Smugs napped during the later stages, after Anna had had her "I can't do this" chat with him. Having had that conversation, I know full well what she was going through. The audacity to neglect his wife at that point still astounds me.

It's not that Anna gave birth on a toilet - I remember there came a point that I didn't care who was in the room, or where I was... I was on a mission to get the baby out of me and that became my sole focus, it's that Team Duggar decided that she was to give birth twice on national TV during a difficult birth, and didn't switch the cameras off and give her the peace needed to remain as calm as possible. The whole modesty concept is an utter joke.

I can't find Amy's comment. What do yo guys think the surprises are? Could it be a courtship(s). I hope Michelle isn't pregnant again. When does the new season start?

Here is Amy's interview

http://www.examiner.com/article/amy-dug ... s-counting

New season starts late March/early April.

Did anyone else find this quote? I couldn't find it on his FB. Was it recent? :(

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

I think that Michelle was pregnant, if you look at the New Years picture, she looks quite pregnant, but I think that she lost it.

The birth starts around 3 minutes. She had wanted a water birth.

At 4:45 is the infamous snuggle with mac an the "baby brother is going to come out soon" comment that was discussed widely at the time. Many saw it as sincere and exciting, I still see it as fearful of what is to come. She is snuggling Mac, no sign of Josh... and mac is the only one there to comfort her.

At 5:16 Josh narrates, proudly pimping his "courageous" shirt that I am sure is a product placement.

Anna gets in the tub fully clothed - MODEST!

At 7 minutes is when she starts saying that she cant do it and josh "expresses" to her that she can and shes done it before. The conversation isnt shown, but there is and was speculation that this is when a hospital would have been discussed.

At 8:20 josh offers his midwifery skillz about getting into a squat. That doesnt work.

Josh then takes his NAP for "quite a while" after he's admitted that his wife is exhausted and this has been going on for nearly 18 hours. No one else takes a nap... Jill wakes him up. The baby is then born on the toilet, Jill tells us all about Anna having to "relieve herself". Boob and the brood show up, parking on the grass, honking as they announce their entrance.

XGUprMV2VxI

6:51, check out the look Michelle gives Anna.

I think that Michelle was pregnant, if you look at the New Years picture, she looks quite pregnant, but I think that she lost it.

I think she was just wearing a tighter, more form-fitting shirt than she's been wearing in more recent pics. And having a picture taken from above might show the bump more than a face-on photo.

6:51, check out the look Michelle gives Anna.

I remember that look well. It's also interesting how quickly Michelle looks away when Anna turns to her, probably looking for some reassurance.

I think at that moment she was insanely jealous of Anna.

[attachment=0]sideeye.JPG[/attachment]Well DAYAM aint that some side eye!

Oh wow that's the first time I noticed that. She is so obviously jealous.

I quit watching it when I realized I had started mentally critiquing random people as though they were on the show. I didn't like that I was doing that.

I like Stacy and Clinton but I don't watch the show anymore either, and haven't for at least two seasons. I stopped watching after the 100th time I wondered "why is it so wrong to dress comfortably?" I liked that Stacy and Clinton were basically trying to present a positive message - as in, dress to look your best. But if I'm comfortable in my loose and flowy caftan blouses and black or navy pants, why not dress as I please rather than to please others?

I like Stacy and Clinton but I don't watch the show anymore either, and haven't for at least two seasons. I stopped watching after the 100th time I wondered "why is it so wrong to dress comfortably?" I liked that Stacy and Clinton were basically trying to present a positive message - as in, dress to look your best. But if I'm comfortable in my loose and flowy caftan blouses and black or navy pants, why not dress as I please rather than to please others?

Amen to that. I don't do fashion anymore, I'm all about the comfort. Lol.

Orleanna is definitely poking them with a stick.

It's not a fact that Michelle is pregnant.

I think she was just wearing a tighter, more form-fitting shirt than she's been wearing in more recent pics. And having a picture taken from above might show the bump more than a face-on photo.

Even if she lost it, I doubt they wouldn't scream it from the rooftops/ They're not a godly family any more - they're a business, and that comes first.

It reminds of scenes in films where the once great warrior now elder watches their young active sons ride off to battle, taking their place

Yes there is jealously but it's almost mournful as if she is contemplating the fast approaching 'next phrase of life' menopause

Archived