IGNORED

Ahhh It's confirmed...Anna Duggar pregnant!!

Whit88

How is the toilet birth any different than any of those birth story shows? I don't think she minded being filmed.

Hell if I was giving birth at home, I would probably do it somewhere like that simply because it's easier to clean up, lol.

I am starting to get a little frustrated at the toilet birth comments. I had an unmedicated hospital delivery with my son. One of the most comfortable places to push was on the toilet. No, I didn't give birth on the toilet, but I might have. It was also my midwife's suggestion to try the toilet.

My good friend was also more comfortable on the toilet during the birth of her daughter. I just don't think it's the huge deal people on here are making it out to be.

Having said that, I didn't have a camera crew there, either, to video all the details for national tv.

Edited for riffles.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody noticed this comment on Josh's Fb ?

" It's so exciting when Anna and Michelle are pregnant at the same time."

And Amy in her last itw mentionned "big surpriseS" in the new season of 19kac

I don't know if Michelle is pregnant, but that would be a good reason for them to be quiet about Anna's pregnancy for this long ! And there is enough to let us thing about it ....

Oh and I forgot that pic from new year's eve

http://i72.servimg.com/u/f72/17/79/12/75/56298210.jpg

(Sorry for my english, I'm french :) )

I can't find Amy's comment. What do yo guys think the surprises are? Could it be a courtship(s). I hope Michelle isn't pregnant again. When does the new season start?

I am starting to get a little frustrated at the toilet birth comments. I had an unmedicated hospital delivery with my son. One of the most comfortable places to push was on the toilet. No, I didn't give birth on the toilet, but I might have. It was also my midwife's suggestion to try the toilet.

My good friend was also more comfortable on the toilet during the birth of her daughter. I just don't think it's the huge deal people on here are making it out to be.

Having said that, I didn't have a camera crew there, either, to video all the details for national tv.

Edited for riffles.

No one is saying it's wrong to give birth on the toilet, just as it's not wrong to urinate or defecate on a toilet. However, if someone chooses to give birth on the toilet in front of a camera crew and allows it to be aired on national television, they're going to get mocked just as much as if they allowed themselves to be taped taking a shit by TLC.

Of course Michelle would have to steal Anna's pregnancy thunder again. She's such an attention whore. I hope we don't see another baby funeral this season. J'Chelle should be happy with the 19 kids and two grandchildren that she has. Why does she have to risk her life to have baby 20? I'd love to see Stacy and Clinton tear Michelle apart on What Not To Wear. I doubt she'd go with what they tell her to do though. That's part of the deal.

Edited for riffles.

Damn cross-posted with Valsa, anyways:

I think the issues with it are not so much that she gave birth on the toilet, it's that Smuggar let the crew film her doing so. I know there's little/no dignity in childbirth, but she was filmed on the loo, screaming in pain, with nothing covering her legs (even if they did blur them.) You could tell she was in agony and had been for hours. Smuggar went for a nap, while she was in the late stages of labour. She was on the loo because she thought she had to go to the loo, not because that was where she planned on giving birth - we know this because Jill told the world. :roll: That's what people have an issue with, her most vulnerable moments have been captured on film for all the world to see, worse is that they kept these moments in the episode, rather than just have some shots of her in labour and then show the family having a cuddle with Michael after he was born. I don't think she cared about being filmed because she was past caring, she just wanted Michael to be born.

No one is saying it's wrong to give birth on the toilet, just as it's not wrong to urinate or defecate on a toilet. However, if someone chooses to give birth on the toilet in front of a camera crew and allows it to be aired on national television, they're going to get mocked just as much as if they allowed themselves to be taped taking a shit by TLC.

Especially if a lot of your schtick is built on being "modest" to the point where knees get censored, but not births.

It's not wrong that Anna gave birth on a toilet, and that the world saw it. Is it wrong that Smugger allowed it to be filmed, ansd basically ignored Anna when she wanted to go to the hospital and get drugs. I'd love to see Smugger or Boob give birth naturally, and see how much they enjoy it with a camera crew in their faces.

It's not wrong that Anna gave birth on a toilet, and that the world saw it. Is it wrong that Smugger allowed it to be filmed, ansd basically ignored Anna when she wanted to go to the hospital and get drugs. I'd love to see Smugger or Boob give birth naturally, and see how much they enjoy it with a camera crew in their faces.

The ignoring her about the hospital I think was Mackynzie's birth. She didn't look too happy when he mentioned to Boob on the phone that they were going to do a homebirth (without a proper midwife at that!) Boob didn't sound too impressed on the phone either. I think she chose a homebirth this time but did not expect it to be longer and more difficult.

Anybody noticed this comment on Josh's Fb ?

" It's so exciting when Anna and Michelle are pregnant at the same time."

Did anyone else find this quote? I couldn't find it on his FB. Was it recent? :(

Violet: I mean during Michael's birth when she was screaming that she couldn't do it anymore, and Smugger was "Encouraging" her that she could. What does he know? he took a nap right before Michael was born. I think that they always wanted to do a homebirth with Mack, they just wanted to make it seem like it was a last minute decision. Boob told them to pray about it. What the hell does that mean? Is God going to tell Smugger and Anna that giving birth at home is safe? What if something had gone wrong? They didn't have a proper midwife. Smugger is a grade A idiot!

The birth starts around 3 minutes. She had wanted a water birth.

At 4:45 is the infamous snuggle with mac an the "baby brother is going to come out soon" comment that was discussed widely at the time. Many saw it as sincere and exciting, I still see it as fearful of what is to come. She is snuggling Mac, no sign of Josh... and mac is the only one there to comfort her.

At 5:16 Josh narrates, proudly pimping his "courageous" shirt that I am sure is a product placement.

Anna gets in the tub fully clothed - MODEST!

At 7 minutes is when she starts saying that she cant do it and josh "expresses" to her that she can and shes done it before. The conversation isnt shown, but there is and was speculation that this is when a hospital would have been discussed.

At 8:20 josh offers his midwifery skillz about getting into a squat. That doesnt work.

Josh then takes his NAP for "quite a while" after he's admitted that his wife is exhausted and this has been going on for nearly 18 hours. No one else takes a nap... Jill wakes him up. The baby is then born on the toilet, Jill tells us all about Anna having to "relieve herself". Boob and the brood show up, parking on the grass, honking as they announce their entrance.

XGUprMV2VxI

Why was she wearing a full length skirt in the pool? How uncomfortable that must've been for her. I guess modesty comes before comfort for these people.

FireShotScreenCapture001-2012HolidayFun-www_facebook_com_photo_php_fbid10151180354227680ampseta_10151123656842680_440448_667_zps9a003862.png

This is the one about Anna and Priscilla being pregnant at the same time; but it isn't the one that sun_shiine64 quoted that says Anna and Michelle are pregnant at the same time.

This is the one about Anna and Priscilla being pregnant at the same time; but it isn't the one that sun_shiine64 quoted that says Anna and Michelle are pregnant at the same time.

I know that I saw it from more than one leghumper but no one credible. They do appear to be gone, though.

How long until Michelle joins in with wearing the matching maternity shirt (even if she's not pregnant--just for the attention, y'know)?

Damn cross-posted with Valsa, anyways:

I think the issues with it are not so much that she gave birth on the toilet, it's that Smuggar let the crew film her doing so. I know there's little/no dignity in childbirth, but she was filmed on the loo, screaming in pain, with nothing covering her legs (even if they did blur them.) You could tell she was in agony and had been for hours. Smuggar went for a nap, while she was in the late stages of labour. She was on the loo because she thought she had to go to the loo, not because that was where she planned on giving birth - we know this because Jill told the world. :roll: That's what people have an issue with, her most vulnerable moments have been captured on film for all the world to see, worse is that they kept these moments in the episode, rather than just have some shots of her in labour and then show the family having a cuddle with Michael after he was born. I don't think she cared about being filmed because she was past caring, she just wanted Michael to be born.

I agree with this. It just seems that the emphasis is put on the giving birth on the toilet rather than having a famewhoring husband who would allow it to be broadcast to the world. If my husband had behaved insomuch as 10% of the way smuggar behaved, he wouldn't be alive today. My husband's job, during birth, was to do what I told him to do. One of those things was keeping MIL out of the birth suite (of course, there came a time where Ryan Gosling could have walked in and I wouldn't have given two shits).

How long until Michelle joins in with wearing the matching maternity shirt (even if she's not pregnant--just for the attention, y'know)?

Actually, Michelle and Anna already wore matching maternity outfits. It was when Anna was pregnant with Mackynzie and Michelle was pregnant with Josie. The episode is from season 3, 18K&C: Duggars at the Doctor. It's the one where they go to the huge baby gear consignment sale. They wore the exact same, ugly, green maternity shirt. Now that I've looked at it again, they're not only wearing the same maternity shirt, but they're both wearing white shirts underneath and black skirts. Here's the youtube video of the part of the episode where they're shopping.

NaXsc4H3Oms

I must admit, I went through a matching phase with my friends when I was 13. IMHO, it's something you do when you're a kid and with other kids the same age as you. I wonder if Anna's lack of exposure to a wide variety of people (like in a public school) kept her from going through this phase earlier? Her social circle seems larger now than when she was growing up. Maybe she has found more women that she wants to emulate?

Edited to change a rogue comma to a period.

Every time I see that clip it makes me so angry. Poor Anna was in agony, and this is when her douchebag husband takes a nap? My first labor lasted 42 hours from the first real contractions until the resulting c-section. The only time my husband even attempted to sleep was when I tried to rest (which didn't work all that well for either of us). He dozed a bit here and there but for the most part didn't get any rest at all. He spent the night pressing his fists against my lower back to help ease some of the pain until I had progressed far enough for the hospital to admit me. At the hospital, he downed multiple cups of coffee (which he hates !) to keep awake enough to be there for me. A few hours after my c-section, he went home to shower and rest a bit and came back with a change of clothes and slept at the hospital with me. That is what a decent husband does, Josh. Pay attention (since it has been speculated in the past that you read here.). :angry-cussing:

Frankly, what bothered me about the birth clip was not the toilet bit, but that Josh allowed his wife to be filmed during her labor and delivery, period. What kind of husband allows his own wife to be shown to all the world in her most private and vulnerable moments? I agree that she may not have cared at that particular time, being in pain and all, but she can change her mind about that later. Wonder if she has even if she can't say anything and is basically stuck with whatever stupid decisions her husband makes? And Michael? How's he going to feel when he's older knowing his birth is all over the internet?

Frankly, what bothered me about the birth clip was not the toilet bit, but that Josh allowed his wife to be filmed during her labor and delivery, period. What kind of husband allows his own wife to be shown to all the world in her most private and vulnerable moments? I agree that she may not have cared at that particular time, being in pain and all, but she can change her mind about that later. Wonder if she has even if she can't say anything and is basically stuck with whatever stupid decisions her husband makes? And Michael? How's he going to feel when he's older knowing his birth is all over the internet?

In the early days we thought that Boob had pretty tight control over editing decisions. That seems to have flown out the window. The "birth" episode is a good example of editors fun amok (YAY!).

1 - Anna repeatedly says "I cant do this." What kind of strong, faith filled, child bearing, joyous woman doubts her ability to do what GOD has created her to do? This weakness is unacceptable (albeit human but they dont find human acceptable).

2 - Nap time. Surely Joshie would have struck that out.

3 - Jill's tell all - yeah, that would have been struck for sure.

4 - The fully clothed tub scene. Why show the tub when it was never shown again. You mean you planned a waterbirth and it didnt go perfectly?

5 - The birth itself. They easily could have cut that out, had Michelle give a "summary" of how blessed and wonderfully strong Anna is and left out the birth considering no one could see anything anyway. This isnt "a baby's story." A shot of her in bed, holding the baby would have sufficed. Cut the entire bathroom scene out and no one would have been the wiser.

I'm sure there are more, but those jump out at me as things they would have had cut out.

Actually, Michelle and Anna already wore matching maternity outfits. It was when Anna was pregnant with Mackynzie and Michelle was pregnant with Josie. The episode is from season 3, 18K&C: Duggars at the Doctor. It's the one where they go to the huge baby gear consignment sale. They wore the exact same, ugly, green maternity shirt. Now that I've looked at it again, they're not only wearing the same maternity shirt, but they're both wearing white shirts underneath and black skirts. Here's the youtube video of the part of the episode where they're shopping.

NaXsc4H3Oms

I must admit, I went through a matching phase with my friends when I was 13. IMHO, it's something you do when you're a kid and with other kids the same age as you. I wonder if Anna's lack of exposure to a wide variety of people (like in a public school) kept her from going through this phase earlier? Her social circle seems larger now than when she was growing up. Maybe she has found more women that she wants to emulate?

Edited to change a rogue comma to a period.

When you work closely with other women, you tend to pick up unconsciously dressing habits. Almost like how women tend to sync up with their periods. ;)

Archived