IGNORED

Ahhh It's confirmed...Anna Duggar pregnant!!

Whit88

Thank you! ^^ Love him and the movie sooo much!

Always wonder how some young, sheltered fundies would react to it ;)

I can imagine Erin Bates & the Paine boy wandering upon them just like Brad & Janet ;)

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also don't think Anna has had a rhinoplasty or cosmetic dental work. When it comes to plastic surgery and the Duggars, I wouldn't be surprised if Michelle gets something done later on.

Am I the only one who was more surprised that they left in Anna saying "He needs to help me" during the birth video? They even put in subtitles in case you couldn't hear it. Whether she was referring to Michael, Jesus, or Josh, I don't know but it did seem kind of odd.

I think she was referring to Jesus/God, she was saying this to Josh though, it wasn't odd to me, she'd hit a wall at that point (I think that happens a bit during "transition"??? too) and didn't think she had the strength to keep going. To be honest that is the least shoking moment for me!

I also don't think Anna has had a rhinoplasty or cosmetic dental work. When it comes to plastic surgery and the Duggars, I wouldn't be surprised if Michelle gets something done later on.

I think all of the Duggar women (including Anna) have had cosmetic dentistry. Anna's teeth are much straighter and whiter than before she married Josh.

Edited for grammar.

Re the toilet birth did Anna get any and I mean any pain relief whilst labouring cos I saw the episode but don't remember if she got any.

Home births here UK you can have gas and air to help but that's it usually. I loved the gas and air but not everyone likes it.

Edited for clarity.

Re the toilet birth did Anna get any and I mean any pain relief whilst labouring cos I saw the episode but don't remember if she got any.

Home births here UK you can have gas and air to help but that's it usually. I loved the gas and air but not everyone likes it.

Edited for clarity.

I don't think Anna got any pain relief. There was no one present qualified to administer drugs. As I recall, the only "professionals" present were Jill (lay midwife in training) and a doula.

I don't think Anna got any pain relief. There was no one present qualified to administer drugs. As I recall, the only "professionals" present were Jill (lay midwife in training) and a doula.

She basically had an unassisted birth, right? (I know the UK is different to the US, since unless you're high risk/have serious complications/a c-section etc. it's midwives who are there at the delivery) But a doula is not a midwife, a student midwife is also not a midwife until she's qualified! I do find it weird that she chose (oh I hope she chose it and wasn't forced to) the drug-free route, when she said (in the Mackynzie birth ep) that she did not cope well with pain at all...

You do have a really good point there. It could be possible that she just wanted him to shut up and leave her the hell alone. :)

I thought about that,too.Also,if Anna was uncomfortable because she was afraid she would "relieve herself" in front of everyone(especially Josh),I can see her,or the midwife,encouraging him to make a brief exit.

Am I the only one who was more surprised that they left in Anna saying "He needs to help me" during the birth video? They even put in subtitles in case you couldn't hear it. Whether she was referring to Michael, Jesus, or Josh, I don't know but it did seem kind of odd.[/qu

ote]

You are not alone there...Im not suprised at all that they didnt edit out any part of the birth itself-but I did wonder about Anna's "He needs to help me"statements.Maybe they(the tlc editors)assumed the viewers would all think she was talking about Jesus-but given that Anna refers to "OUR contractions"&"OUR labor pains" during HER ordeal,I don't think it would be a far stretch to hear her statements as being directed torwards Josh..

You are not alone there...Im not suprised at all that they didnt edit out any part of the birth itself-but I did wonder about Anna's "He needs to help me"statements.Maybe they(the tlc editors)assumed the viewers would all think she was talking about Jesus-but given that Anna refers to "OUR contractions"&"OUR labor pains" during HER ordeal,I don't think it would be a far stretch to hear her statements as being directed torwards Josh..

I think she was referring to Jesus/God, she was saying this to Josh though, it wasn't odd to me, she'd hit a wall at that point (I think that happens a bit during "transition"??? too) and didn't think she had the strength to keep going. To be honest that is the least shoking moment for me!

I'm not at all surprised that she said it. I just find it interesting that TLC included her saying that... It does seem to show Josh in a negative light. Though he redeems himself later by holding her face and telling her to suck it up so....

I'm not at all surprised that she said it. I just find it interesting that TLC included her saying that... It does seem to show Josh in a negative light. Though he redeems himself later by holding her face and telling her to suck it up so....

Yeah although if you look back at the old specials etc he'll always come across as a douche, so if they edited his douchness out, he would be completely edited out of the program!

Yeah although if you look back at the old specials etc he'll always come across as a douche, so if they edited his douchness out, he would be completely edited out of the program!

One can only hope.

She basically had an unassisted birth, right? (I know the UK is different to the US, since unless you're high risk/have serious complications/a c-section etc. it's midwives who are there at the delivery) But a doula is not a midwife, a student midwife is also not a midwife until she's qualified! I do find it weird that she chose (oh I hope she chose it and wasn't forced to) the drug-free route, when she said (in the Mackynzie birth ep) that she did not cope well with pain at all...

As far as I know atleast in Canada if you choose to have a home birth you are choosing drug free.... midwives (fully licenced) carry oxygen for the baby if needed but no pain killer type things you have to go to the hospital for that. and as for the birth the Doula sounded like she was some sort of underground unregulated midwife (who knows she may have delivered over a hundred babies) My mom is a doula and they are not allowed to give any medical procedures, and are basically told if you are going to the hospital with a birthing mother you are to be in a different car basically they are not to even touch mom in the event of an "emergency" birth (even if they have seen it 100 times and can certainly figure out what to do next)

I threw up during or after each of mu c-sections, and apologized profusely each time...especially after the last one, when I projectile vomited on the recovery nurse. She was a sweetheart about it, and told me that throw up was the least of her worries, and that she got something on her at least once a shift.

As for those pictures : wow Anna's nose job and dental work really made her look different! I had forgotten! But I for like the darker hair on her.

I like the birth stories. After I gave birth and they were compressing my uterus to get it to contract back down (it hurts like a mofo) I swung at the nurse. It was purely instinctual. She just laughed, but I was mortified.

At my two week postpartum check-up I apologized to my midwife for being completely naked during the late stages of labor and pushing. She assured me she's seen it before and far worse. I just got to the point where I couldn't be bothered to put my gown back on after I got out of the tub. Next time, I will have a tankini top.

As far as I can tell, you Americans and Canadians don't have gas & air (entonox). It's just the best stuff ever. It's like laughing gas. Gets you slightly off your face for 30 seconds and then you go back to normal. And then breathe it again for the next contraction and so on...

Didnt Kelly Bates have an epi?

I think the reason a lot of fundies don't use pain meds is because God's punishment to women for Eve eating the forbidden fruit was that they would have painful childbirths.

I went med-free for more of a "I am woman, hear me roar" kind of thing.

I think the reason a lot of fundies don't use pain meds is because God's punishment to women for Eve eating the forbidden fruit was that they would have painful childbirths.

Re the bolded: that was what I was taught in church

I wanted massive quantities of drugs with my first, but he decided to make a lightening-fast-ninja-slide into this world and I had to do natural. Will never forget the terror when they told me it was too late for drugs :shock:. With my second, I was going to do natural but what can I say? When the 14th hour rolled around and the pain was getting mind-blowing, I just caved. She was born an hour later and I didn't knowingly push once. They came to tell me it was time to push, lifted the sheet, and her little body was out. We were all shocked!

eta damn, I can't quote or bold anything right today*grumbles*

I think its more of a money thing. Epidurals cost money. I had 80/20 insurance when I had my births, so I received an itemized bill of everything that went into the birth. I think the epidural was about 3k . I had to pay 20% of that. And with my second birth the damn thing didn't even work, but the procedure still needs to be paid for. Honestly, that's why I think they choose homebirth too. No insurance, low paying jobs, lots of pregnancies, gotta go as cheap as possible.

I think its more of a money thing. Epidurals cost money. I had 80/20 insurance when I had my births, so I received an itemized bill of everything that went into the birth. I think the epidural was about 3k . I had to pay 20% of that. And with my second birth the damn thing didn't even work, but the procedure still needs to be paid for. Honestly, that's why I think they choose homebirth too. No insurance, low paying jobs, lots of pregnancies, gotta go as cheap as possible.

^^^^ This. Since many of these groups encourage being self-employed, I would bet that most are uninsured completely and those that do have Scamaritan's Purse...well, I'd bet it doesn't cover "extras" like epidurals. So while there may be a religious reasons--God is punishing you for someone else's mistake--there is definitely an economic reason to promote natural birth. This probably also has something to do w/ Gothard's midwifery training...

Riffles

Archived