IGNORED

Bates Courtship

singsingsing

Yes they attended Journey to the Heart, on the blog "Living the Journey" they have a link that don't exist anymore since they changed their URL from gilbatesfamily to thebatesfamily and so it became obsolete. But there are some google hits and Kelly wrote about her anniversary Hawaii trip something about JTTH. Don't know about alert, and don't bother to google for now ;)

Thanks, pudding, for the correction. Wonder who paid for it?

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

livingthejourney.com/2010/10/23/merciful-and-mighty/

In March of 2009 she attended a Journey to the Heart with her sisters Alyssa and Michaella and her playing blessed and inspired those on her team.

I have no idea who paid, maybe they did some exchange thingy? Erins piano skills for some journey fun for her and sisters.

All brainfucking aside, this place looks beautiful! Too bad Got hard set his bootcamps in such a beautiful scenery!

livingthejourney.com/photos/march-2009-journey-%E2%80%94-girls/

Here are some pictures of said jouney!

(Edited because I'm a scatterbrain)

livingthejourney.com/2010/10/23/merciful-and-mighty/

I have no idea who paid, maybe they did some exchange thingy? Erins piano skills for some journey fun for her and sisters.

All brainfucking aside, this place looks beautiful! Too bad Got hard set his bootcamps in such a beautiful scenery!

livingthejourney.com/photos/march-2009-journey-%E2%80%94-girls/

Here are some pictures of said jouney!

(Edited because I'm a scatterbrain)

Is the girl/woman in pictures 3 (far right) and 14 (far left) someone who had a broken engagement with one of our pet fundies? She was discussed recently- maybe a Maxwell? I know she is still single now, but who was the fundie she broke an engagement with?

The baptist church the Webster's attend in Orlando is def not ATI or even fundy. Fundy lite sort of, but girls wear jeans to church and shorts around town. Girls def wear bikinis and such to the beach. My best friend since childhood goes there and her Dad is an elder. They drink wine on occasion, her mom had a face lift and boob job, etc. It's more or less the church that the elite in Orlando attend. They have a private school that is very expensive to attend and people die to get their kids in. Before he died, Payne Stewart (golfer) donated over 1 million dollars to the school and they have world class athletic fields as a result. These kids aren't running around in denim skirts and flip flops. More like Louboutins while driving their BMW's to school. The church is definitely opposed to marriage equality and abortion, but courting is not a thing I've ever heard discussed, and the girls are encouraged to go to secular college (boys also, obviously). Your kid getting into at least UF or FSU is expected. Alyssa will certainly not have to borrow money from her brother if this works out. I also expect they will marry in the wedding chapel at FBO with a reception following at the Citrus Club or Country Club of Orlando. It's kind of the norm.

Is the girl/woman in pictures 3 (far right) and 14 (far left) someone who had a broken engagement with one of our pet fundies? She was discussed recently- maybe a Maxwell? I know she is still single now, but who was the fundie she broke an engagement with?

Sara smith, Christopher maxwells first engagement

That won't be some creep Josh/Anna thing as they both learned about birds and bees a few hours earlier. But now that they are courting, is the kissing thing still a "no no no" because I don't think that they can resist until the summer ... ?

I'm pretty sure this was covered elsewhere, but the birds and bees talk that Jim Bob had with Josh just before the wedding was completely staged by TLC for the show.

It just blows my mind that they an afford journey to the heart which is over $2000k a person! My hubby and I mut be doin something wrong because we make a nice income and we couldn't afford to shell out over 6k for a retreat for our kids! (talking hypothetically here)

JTTH is not 2000$??? It's 800 each, 500 when you are ATI member?

Journey Details

Cost:

Regular Price—$80/day ($800)

ATI Discount—$50/day ($500)

Cost includes training, travel to the Northwoods, housing and meals, and all materials needed.

Yeah, I'm not worried for Erin on the wedding night either. Judging from the pictures they can barely control themselves.

Truer words have never been spoken, like ever!

As for Michael(a)...She doesn't seem to be the type that would one day announce that she is going to go to college with people with green hair, or making a radical change in how she lives her life. With so many limited options, my hope is that she does meet someone who adores her and makes her happy (like Chad and Erin appear to). Now don't get me wrong, if she does not end up with either Don Staddon or John David, I think I will be a tad disappointed (yeah, I can't believe I said that outloud.)

Oops....what did I see on ati the other day when I was lurking that was $2000k a person? Idk but for some reason I thought it was journey to the heart, my bad!

Oops....what did I see on ati the other day when I was lurking that was $2000k a person? Idk but for some reason I thought it was journey to the heart, my bad!

You are right, they have some insane overseas "ministry" or so, and those are 1k and up! They must be making so much money...

Alert Academy for the boys.

Kelly answered it in the comment section. Apparently they are just friends - but it seems to be some pre-courtshippy thing!

Wouldn't pre-courtship be eerily similar, to *gasps and clutches pearls* teh ebbil dating?

Hear hear, Cjsmom! If courtship is "dating with a purpose" isn't pre-courtship texting just, er, "dating"?

Can you "get to know better" multiple boys at a time, or do they have to take turns??

"Dating" doesn't have that holy ring to it. Appearances are important, you know.*bah*

You are right, they have some insane overseas "ministry" or so, and those are 1k and up! They must be making so much money...

Seriously?!

I've just decided to start a cult.

JTTH is not 2000$??? It's 800 each, 500 when you are ATI member?

(i feel so stupid that I know such stuff and I have that information right on my browser history... :lol: )

Cost includes training, travel to the Northwoods, housing and meals, (Fasting!! yes...look it up) and all materials needed (To indoctrinate see the errors of their ways, because you wimmen can't shouldn't think for yourselves (It's not laaaady like) :roll:

The baptist church the Webster's attend in Orlando is def not ATI or even fundy. Fundy lite sort of, but girls wear jeans to church and shorts around town. Girls def wear bikinis and such to the beach. My best friend since childhood goes there and her Dad is an elder. They drink wine on occasion, her mom had a face lift and boob job, etc. It's more or less the church that the elite in Orlando attend. They have a private school that is very expensive to attend and people die to get their kids in. Before he died, Payne Stewart (golfer) donated over 1 million dollars to the school and they have world class athletic fields as a result. These kids aren't running around in denim skirts and flip flops. More like Louboutins while driving their BMW's to school. The church is definitely opposed to marriage equality and abortion, but courting is not a thing I've ever heard discussed, and the girls are encouraged to go to secular college (boys also, obviously). Your kid getting into at least UF or FSU is expected. Alyssa will certainly not have to borrow money from her brother if this works out. I also expect they will marry in the wedding chapel at FBO with a reception following at the Citrus Club or Country Club of Orlando. It's kind of the norm.

This makes me hopeful for Alyssa. That she potentially end up with a headship that won't want her to pop out as many kids as she can. And that will want the kids they do have to attend a brick and mortar school.

Cost includes training, travel to the Northwoods, housing and meals, (Fasting!! yes...look it up) and all materials needed (To indoctrinate see the errors of their ways, because you wimmen can't shouldn't think for yourselves (It's not laaaady like) :roll:

In another thread, someone said that girls attending JTTH only eat meals that they prepare out of food they brought from home, at least when they aren't fasting.

Eh, not necessarily. If I remember correctly, the Webster family believes in whatever Gothard preaches and even his wife has admitted to using ATI's homeschool curriculum to teach their 6 children.

factcheck.org/2010/10/grayson-gets-it-right/

Archived