IGNORED

Bates Courtship

singsingsing

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Erin always looks lovely. They are a seriously cute couple. Did I just say that?

Yeah you did ;)

but secretly I agree :eusa-shhh:

at least Erin's poofy bangs are gone. She may or may not be teasing her hair to make it that big. I have really thick hair and it makes it's own natural bump it on top of my head and irritates me to no end. and using foam rollers helps keep the ends together for me too. So i see that working for her as well.

ITA with others who say they make a cute couple. I think Chad is going to be a caring and considerate husband, even as fundie as his family is. Doing the dishes with her is a great start... at least from the perspective of someone Erin's age. Give me a guy who isn't afraid to do dishes! (not that this is the only criteria but it is on the list).

There is a new entry up on the Bates family blog with some pictures of Erin/Chad, Kelly/Gil and Alyssa/John Webster. Who is John Webster and are he and Alyssa also courting? It was nice to see Erin and Alyssa dressed nicely and wearing heels with their dresses.

It DEFINITELY looks like John Webster and Alyssa are courting. In one picture they are sitting next to each other and THEIR ARMS ARE TOUCHING. How defrauding.

A) I feel like if they are courting, the Duggars are going to need to step it up if they want to keep up

B) Poor Michaela and Zach... Their "pretty" younger sisters might get married off before them.

If John Webster and Alyssa are courting, why didn't the Bateses announce it? Only one courtship allowed at a time?

Those were definitely all "couple" shots and it certainly appeared to be a triple date.

I would think they would say something about it. Or is there a category for "pre-courting" ?

Who is John Webster? Is he known on FJ ?

It looks like a courtship or the foreplay of a courtship ... Is there a step before courtship?

Poor Michaela ...

According to Congressman Webster's website, he has a son named John. Could Alyssa be dating a congressman's son?

ETA: facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=191410197540248&set=a.191410010873600.52430.188572961157305&type=3&theater

Third from right looks like the John Webster from the pictures. If he's visiting the Bates in Tennessee all the way from Florida, something must be going on...

Edited again to break link

According to Congressman Webster's website, he has a son named John. Could Alyssa be dating a congressman's son?

ETA: facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=191410197540248&set=a.191410010873600.52430.188572961157305&type=3&theater

Third from right looks like the John Webster from the pictures. If he's visiting the Bates in Tennessee all the way from Florida, something must be going on...

Edited again to break link

Remember the Washington, DC post?

blog.thebatesfamily.com/2013/02/11/washington-dc/

It's gotta be his father. I wonder how they met, if the Bates live in Tennessee and The Websters live in Florida. ATI conference? And they've gotta be courting, otherwise why would Gil and Kelly have brought them on Erin and Chad's date?

Edit: I googled Daniel Webster ATI and found this:

ati.iblp.org/ati/family/articles/family/successfulfather/

He was also a speaker at ATI in 2009

yKqxBInCPF0

And apparently his opponent in the election called him "Taliban Dan." Which has a ring to it.

bWdyf9eSkqQ

A) I feel like if they are courting, the Duggars are going to need to step it up if they want to keep up

B) Poor Michaela and Zach... Their "pretty" younger sisters might get married off before them.

Why should it mater if the younger sibs get married off first? That is an old fashioned idea! I was the youngest of 5 and was the first to be married.

if a congress mans son wants one of their daughters no way in hell they are going to turn that down just cause he wants a younger daughter :lol:

Why should it mater if the younger sibs get married off first? That is an old fashioned idea! I was the youngest of 5 and was the first to be married.

In normal families, I wouldn't think twice about it. However when marriages are arranged, children have to live with their parents until they're married, and children are taught that marriage is the only goal in life, the rules are different. It's an old fashioned idea, but this is an old fashioned way of going about things.

Also, Zach has a broken courtship behind him and Michaela is 23- getting close to old maid status in the ATI world.

I just realized that Lawson and Nathan are older than Alyssa- who just turned 18! They better not marry her off this young...

I just realized that Lawson and Nathan are older than Alyssa- who just turned 18! They better not marry her off this young...

That is maybe why they did not announce a courtship and she'll be lucky enough to have a long courtship to get to know the boy (unlike DavidandPriscilla). But 18 is still very young !

How old is Erin? 21?

what about these families strikes you as modern? Old fashioned ideas are kinda their business

That is maybe why they did not announce a courtship and she'll be lucky enough to have a long courtship to get to know the boy (unlike DavidandPriscilla). But 18 is still very young !

How old is Erin? 21?

Erin will be 22 in May. Alyssa turned 18 in November.

That Taliban Dan ad is full of win! Finally, a political ad I can get behind!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I just noticed the picture where Erin grab Chad by the tie . It is so ... can I say sexual or will I go to hell? :D

John seems to be way older than Alyssa ! :shock:

John does look alot older than Alyssa.... I feel for Micheala, but maybe she isn't interested in boys...... You never know! It's bound to happen with this many kids! I'm sure one or more kids in the bates and duggar families are gay. I wonder how that would play out? Would they just go along and accept the courtship? :think:

Archived