IGNORED

Kendal's alternative christmas

latraviata

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do other people's children deserve Christmas, but hers don't? Don't treat other people's children better than you treat you own! They will resent you for it when they grow up. This makes me so sad, it reminds me of when my mother suddenly stopped doing Christmas for me when I was like 12 years old because it was a "pagan" celebration. The worst part was when my friends asked me what I got for Christmas, I lied and made up some stuff.

Why do other people's children deserve Christmas, but hers don't? Don't treat other people's children better than you treat you own! They will resent you for it when they grow up. This makes me so sad, it reminds me of when my mother suddenly stopped doing Christmas for me when I was like 12 years old because it was a "pagan" celebration. The worst part was when my friends asked me what I got for Christmas, I lied and made up some stuff.

I don't get her reasoning either. I all supportive of her helping another family but I have a big problem w/ her not giving her kids a Christmas & expecting her family not give her kids a gifts.

Yeah, you know the part where she tells her family members not give her children gifts seems especially cruel. So, apparently it's OK for her to give gifts to other people's children, but it's not OK for people to give her children gifts. It just seems so hypocritical and cruel.

Why do other people's children deserve Christmas, but hers don't? .

Her kids are going to Heaven. Christmas presents are just a consolation prize for those doomed to hellfire.

(At least, this is what a Jehovah's Witness classmate of mine said when other kids teased her about not getting holiday presents.)

I hope they actually bring gifts to people, instead of "the gift of the message of Christ's Love." Please, please buy tangible things. These people that you "adopted" deserve more for the Holiday.

I don't care what Kendal says her kids do not understand. I know they will be very sad to watch others open gifts and they don't have anything.

I am all for teaching kids about giving and appreciating gifts they received but hell there has to be an equal balance.

I don't care what Kendal says her kids do not understand. I know they will be very sad to watch others open gifts and they don't have anything.

I am all for teaching kids about giving and appreciating gifts they received but hell there has to be an equal balance.

AGREE! On both accounts!

AGREE! On both accounts!

I still can't believe that their family has agreed to accept gifts from them while they aren't allowed to give their grandchildren anything. She is completely sucking the joy out of Christmas.

Guest Anonymous

I still can't believe that their family has agreed to accept gifts from them while they aren't allowed to give their grandchildren anything. She is completely sucking the joy out of Christmas.

It's her MIL that she quotes as having cried (presumably she means with joy) over it. And Mr Kendull sounds like a complete wanker so maybe it runs in that side of the family.

Kendull said her family is very small but I hope someone manages to turn up with gifts over the holidays.

This woman doesn't seem to realise that you devalue a good deed when you boast about it. She's not doing it for this family, she's doing it for herself.

That is just mean. It is WONDERFUL to help others out. I mean it, giving kids Christmas presents and food when they ordinarily would have nothing is an amazing thing to do. Bragging about it is UGH, and then also telling your kids they can have NO gifts? That is just MEAN. :(

This woman doesn't seem to realise that you devalue a good deed when you boast about it. She's not doing it for this family, she's doing it for herself.

:clap: More of that godly "humility". :roll:

• 3 weeks later...

So did she give up on the "charity" with the adopted needy family? Also I don't get why she gave her children no presents since it seems she did most of the other regular Christmas activities such as songs, relatives visiting, food. family photos. Even if she didn't want to put too much emphasis on presents, she could still, say, have given each child a single present or something...

I wonder if she includes this in the letter about her family full of joy that she is using to try to entice some pregnant woman to surrender her child. I can't imagine anyone, however twisted, wanting this for her child..

In which Kendal gives an account of Christmas:

http://www.thefatherknowsbest.com/2012/ ... stmas.html

Apparantly it was all 'her headship's' idea. Who is 'Abuela' who has set and decorated the christmas table? Her christmas charity toy? Her 'headship's concubine? Or her domestic slave?

And where were the needy and the orphans?

Apparently it was all 'her headship's' idea. Who is 'Abuela' who has set and decorated the christmas table? Her christmas charity toy? Her 'headship's concubine? Or her domestic slave?

And where were the needy and the orphans?

"Abuela"=Spanish for "grandmother," but your definitions are far more entertaining.

Their holiday table looks grim. Sorry, but I'll take my sister's festive Christmas table, with the red brocade tablecloth and napkins, and holly-patterned plates, and candlesticks and miniature snow globes--all bought on major markdown.

Kendal doesn't even look slightly happy in that picture. Why does baby Jesus have two candles?

Well, way to pass the buck I guess :? Now it's all her husband's idea instead of something she heard about from a friend. She's just being a Godly Wife and submitting to his will.

And I see she's reprising her "roll" as quality educator with phrases like "my thoughts and my pleads" and "never been more clearer" :roll:

What happened to the poor family who was going to get a Christmas they'd remember? Kendall doesn't explain that. Does she think we all forgot?

I had an idea that her husband was behind the whole thing. I think he is a mysoginist. I'll bet when their little boy grows up, the ruling will suddenly change and there'll be presents under the tree.

Basically, it sounds like they had the exact same Christmas as everyone else minus the presents. Why does Kendall say-- we know we're different, we don't care, etc? They don't seem that different at all. How does she think other Christians do Christmas--playing poker and smoking cigars? No, most people do some variation of special meal/special guests/music/songs/food.

What happened to the poor family who was going to get a Christmas they'd remember? Kendall doesn't explain that. Does she think we all forgot?

I had an idea that her husband was behind the whole thing. I think he is a mysoginist. I'll bet when their little boy grows up, the ruling will suddenly change and there'll be presents under the tree.

Basically, it sounds like they had the exact same Christmas as everyone else minus the presents. Why does Kendall say-- we know we're different, we don't care, etc? They don't seem that different at all. How does she think other Christians do Christmas--playing poker and smoking cigars? No, most people do some variation of special meal/special guests/music/songs/food.

That's what i thought too. She did everything most people do for Christmas except giving gifts. And why is gift-giving such a bad thing? She gave other people gifts, so why not teach the children to appreciate others giving gifts as well?

Well if she gave her kids gifts she couldn't claim to be holier than all the heathen people who give their kids gifts.

Guest Anonymous
So did she give up on the "charity" with the adopted needy family? Also I don't get why she gave her children no presents since it seems she did most of the other regular Christmas activities such as songs, relatives visiting, food. family photos. Even if she didn't want to put too much emphasis on presents, she could still, say, have given each child a single present or something...

Well, there are no comments on the blog post, so I'm guessing the ETA was aimed at FreeJinger:

ETA: I had someone ask me about the family we adopted. We delivered the gifts to the family's house a week before Christmas and it was an amazing experience for our family. So glad we had the opportunity to bless a family in need. The family sent an email to the organization we went through and the mother said she felt so blessed by a stranger's kindness.

Archived