IGNORED

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

BlackHawk

So we went out tonight and saw this. I loved it. Anyone else seen it? Thoughts?

I suppose this could also encompass the book as well... loved that as well.

I took my daughter and three other 12-year-old girls to see it as part of a birthday party. They had all read the book. I enjoyed it. I liked the gay guy way better than the main character. It captured the exhilaration and agony of being a teenager.

The guy who played the main character was good as Percy Jackson, but I think they should have gotten someone younger and gawkier for this part. And I thought the plot of the screenplay needed some work.

I really liked the movie. I read the book and thought it was lacking, but the movie took everything good from the book and left the bad parts behind in my opinion.

I've heard good things about the book but never read it or seen the movie. My interest in the movie heightened when I looked up one of my favorite songs on YouTube, and a bunch of users were mentioning "Charlie's Playlist."

I really loved the movie. I had never read the book, so I didn't know where the story line was going. Besides being a great plot, it was nice to finally see a movie that I hadn't figured out by the midpoint.

I read the book and I didn't really like it that much. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it. I've been considering seeing the movie, mostly because I want to see Emma Watson in something other than Harry Potter, but I'm not sure, because of how I felt about the book. For those of you who have tried both, is it possible to not be too enthusiastic about the book and like the movie?

I saw a trailer for this last night at a showing of "Lawless." I had read the book, and I've never liked movie adaptations of books that I've liked.

• 1 month later...

I just recently saw this movie for the first time. I am on the cutting edge like that. Movie comes out and BAM two months later I see it! Anyway, the main reason I went was because Emma Watson was in it. She was pretty good. The movie was excellent and is now probably in my top three of favourite movies ever. Now I am going to have to read the book!

Archived