IGNORED

Fundie posts on facebook- share away

homeschoolmomma1

Guest Anonymous
Posted this image:

9219_489044967793016_1355367087_n.jpg

On the bright side, reading this aloud in a room full of feminists is good for a laugh.

Aah! How is that a thing?! Now there's accidental rape to go along with 'legitimate rape' and 'emergency rape'?

ETA: I really do need to rein-in my punctuation.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:shock: Holy shit. Tell me that is not real. It has been a long time since my jaw has literally dropped at something I've read on the internet, but it happened here. I just. I don't even. Crazy.

God, I wish it weren't. It was not a fun night on the Facebook. The conversation degenerated into him using scare quotes around "rapist" and "victim" and insisting that the biggest concern should be men convicted of statuatory rape and the categories that are "real rape" and apparently...fake rape?

I wound up removing it (I have a significant number of survivor friends who I worried about) before stopping to think that I should document it. Scary guy.

This is actually a choice between Romney and Biden. No matter who wins, Obama will be going to jail, soon; and if he wins the election, he will leave in his place someone of unimaginable incompetence for the office.

I've been thinking this person is mentally ill, I still do, but his SIL replied with this:

Why is Obama not impeached yet? Why is this "election" even a question? Obama SHOULD go to jail for all of his illegal acts, abuse of power, and abuse of his office including murder, cronyism, lying to the American people regarding MULTIPLE acts, and voter fraud. Just to name a few. Talk about frustrating. Grrr. Why will the MSM not cover all of these HUGE scandals? Who are they benefiting by not informing the American people? Why is it even appropriate for ANY news (paper or organization) back any candidate regardless of their party. Period. They should ONLY report the actual stories and allow the American people to decide for themselves. Isn't that why this field was created in the first place? To bring information to the people regardless of race/religion/gender/ or party affiliation? So much for credible coverage. One should not have to research each story from so many multiple organizations just to make sure that all true/verifiable information is relayed. Frustrating!

Oh, heck, his FB isn't even private....http://www.facebook.com/edmund.schrag

FB Status on news feed:

George Washington's first act as President of the United States of America was prayer and worship which he convened and led with the elected members of Congress. He gave his Inaugural speech (in the field where the Twin Towers were eventually built) then walked to the small St. Paul's chapel, which still stands today.The chapel, where this joint chorus of prayer was held, is the only building unscathed by the terror attack of 9/11 despite being directly across the street from the Twin Towers...

And someone's response to it:

Amazing. The "cross" of twisted metal left standing is being fought by the atheist left from going on display in the museum. They just can not resist tempting fate.

And I know its not a fb status but at least 3x a week I see a guy standing on teh side of the road with roads signs strung to together that say something like "Beware of hell there's no way out" I'm hoping one of these days to get a better grasp of what it says completely.

:shock: Do these people even live on the same planet as the rest of us. I'm starting to wonder if some alternate dimension has intersected with ours.

:shock: Do these people even live on the same planet as the rest of us. I'm starting to wonder if some alternate dimension has intersected with ours.

The more I read Fj the more I wonder this.

Another fundie cousin sent this little gem to me. Only I didn't delete it, I posted it all the gun-controlling, vegetarian, gay/lesbian, poor, talk show watching, atheist, no insurance FB friends and said sent it back to her saying I didn't delete it, I just spread it around. She got barraged with insults. She has probably deleted me or blocked me by know. LOL!

Which side of the fence?

If you ever wondered which side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!

If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.

If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a Republican is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.

If a Democrat is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a Republican is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.

If a Democrat is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a Republican is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.

A Democrat wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a Republican doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.

Democrats demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a Republican is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.

A Democrat non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a Republican decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.

A Democrat demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a Republican reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.

A Democrat will delete it because he's "offended".

Well, I forwarded it.

I really wonder this too. I was unfriended because I posted stuff that was "too upsetting" which is really funny because anybody who is on my FB knows that I don't post every day, and most of it is fluff- with a very rare news or politics posting.

I didn't realize that the 40K Moms were just a bunch of Democrats.

Another fundie cousin sent this little gem to me. Only I didn't delete it, I posted it all the gun-controlling, vegetarian, gay/lesbian, poor, talk show watching, atheist, no insurance FB friends and said sent it back to her saying I didn't delete it, I just spread it around. She got barraged with insults. She has probably deleted me or blocked me by know. LOL!

Funny it doesn't say the following:

If a Republican doesn't believe in abortion he tries to ban it for everyone.

If a Democrat doesn't believe in abortion, she doesn't have one.

God, I wish it weren't. It was not a fun night on the Facebook. The conversation degenerated into him using scare quotes around "rapist" and "victim" and insisting that the biggest concern should be men convicted of statuatory rape and the categories that are "real rape" and apparently...fake rape?

I wound up removing it (I have a significant number of survivor friends who I worried about) before stopping to think that I should document it. Scary guy.

That's terrifying. :shock:

Guest Anonymous
If a Republican is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.

If a Democrat is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

When did you guys ban meat?

I think it was a week ago last Thursday. Not to worry we have no ability to enforce the ban, we're takin' a cue from Million Moms.

I've been trying to outlaw meat for a good six months, don't you know? I guess your ebil heathen hag newsletter got lost in the ebil gobment's postal service, DD.

Or maybe I've been trying to get a restaurant in town to make me a veggie burger.

I think it was a week ago last Thursday. Not to worry we have no ability to enforce the ban, we're takin' a cue from Million Moms.

Actually, at a co-op where I used to shop regularly (moved closer to another one), they started carrying meat just over a decade ago. They actually had people who would linger around the meat counter telling people how awful they were when they bought meat. They had to get security involved, I had it happen to me once, but luckily it got under control quickly, but they had to put all kinds of warnings into the newsletter and in the store. Not sure which party these particular people would be a part of, but it is very unlikely to have been Republican.

Of course this is a strange occurance and probably only happened because the people didn't think that their vote had been heard, but adding meat was a big enough deal that the members voted on it.

I know I'm putting way too much thought into this, but really, none of that is true. And the part about health care is such a fucking joke I'm starting to rage :evil:

Friend posted something about voting for Obama because at least he cares about the poor. Her friend (used to be a mutual friend) who his fundie responds:

Forgive me but... Romney does care, Liberals just like to ignore that and watch Obama hug someone : o. (Romney donated way over the amount needed to get taxes exempt AND helps out people with his own time, not doing it in front of the camera's just for some 'fame' like some people *coughs* Obama *coughs*

Besides, Mitt wants to overturn Roe vs. Wade, Obamacare will cause many many many small business to go under do to inability to pay for employees insurance and doesn't make it more accessible, rather forces it upon everyone. I don't care if he has no plan to replace it, Obamacare is just a BAD IDEA. I don't know about you, but dept has increased, there are less jobs than there were when he took office (in other words he merely repaired some mistakes he had made, but not well) and Osama bin Laden was Bushes fault. : 3

I know I'm putting way too much thought into this, but really, none of that is true. And the part about health care is such a fucking joke I'm starting to rage :evil:

The healthcare caught your attention? This one made me gag a little:

If a Republican is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.

If a Democrat is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

Okay, in what world does this writer live in? And what is wrong with a homosexual looking for respect? What is wrong with anyone looking for respect? OMG the ignorance burns.

Oh and has the writer ever heard of 1M moms? They are trying to shut down shows all the time!

All of these things that these people were accusing the Democrats of, are things I have generally have seen fundies do.

Oh, puleeze. I'm a Democrat and a 25-year vegetarian who *never* thought everyone should be or even could be. There are militant veggie "fundies" and just as with religion, they think everyone should be just like them. But if you're reasonable and you keep your eyes open, you realize pretty early on that not everyone *can* be completely vegetarian. They just don't have the physiology for it. My feeling is that it has something to do with ancestry. If your ancestors lived in warm climates for thousands of years where plant life abounded, they were largely vegetarian, hence you can be too. But if they lived in severe climates where plant life was scarce and eating meat was how you survived, you can't do without it completely -- cut back, yes, but not do without completely.

Oh, puleeze. I'm a Democrat and a 25-year vegetarian who *never* thought everyone should be or even could be. There are militant veggie "fundies" and just as with religion, they think everyone should be just like them. But if you're reasonable and you keep your eyes open, you realize pretty early on that not everyone *can* be completely vegetarian. They just don't have the physiology for it. My feeling is that it has something to do with ancestry. If your ancestors lived in warm climates for thousands of years where plant life abounded, they were largely vegetarian, hence you can be too. But if they lived in severe climates where plant life was scarce and eating meat was how you survived, you can't do without it completely -- cut back, yes, but not do without completely.

This. Thank you for saying this- it has been my opinion that most Europeans won't have optimal health on a completely vegetarian diet, and some will actually get pretty ill, it is genetics. I've had way too many vegetarians/vegans try to argue this with me.

If a Republican doesn't fancy gay marriage personally, he tries to ban it for everyone.

If a Republican doesn't like an advert, she joins 1 million Moms and tries to get it taken off air.

Oh, know it isn't true, when I forwarded that status to others on my FB, I made sure they knew who the original poster is. In other words I wanted to let my friends now what a selfish, entitled, racist, homophobic bitch the original poster is.

Got some more

Was talking to some of the neighbor kids today and mentioned something about the Bible. One of the boys said he didn't know what the Bible was so I told him. We kept talking about Jesus and he kept asking questions even though there was alot of interruptions. Right before they left, he repeated a prayer with me and accepted Jesus as his Savior. This was a great day for the kingdom. I am praising God. Anybody who has an extra Bible handy, I would love to give him one as a gift.

A response to the status

It's hard to believe that there are people here in this country who don't know what the Bible is or who Jesus is.

Archived