IGNORED

Michelle Duggar's makeover

gingernut

I don't think Michelle's makeover can be judged by the same standards that you'd use to judge a non-fundie woman. While her new, albeit fleeting 'do might not be the most current, she still looks stylish, younger and miles better than she ever has, notwithstanding the weird bump. She's a very attractive woman IMO, when she's not done up like an arrested adolescent, and with the new look she'd be at home in any suburban setting. It's a shame no one can handle the change but to be fair there are a number of What Not to Wear makeoverees who couldn't handle it either. By Jim Boob is still an idiot and no makeover could ever disguise the fact that their beliefs are still royally fucked up. You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jim Boob is still an idiot and no makeover could ever disguise the fact that their beliefs are still royally fucked up. You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.

Ooh....that's rich, Sparkles, coming from you! 8152222397_b637bc7039_m.jpg

:D :D Just kidding, dear, keep up with your craptastic curls and keep-sweet smile!

Guest Anonymous

I think she looks a lot better just because that hairstyle she had is dated beyond dated. But the perm will come back soon, never you worry.

I hate Michelle's hair (pre-makeover) but hey, she likes it. Jim Bob likes it which Michelle seems to think is really important. I say leave the hair the way it is/was.

Same goes for Jinger and the crunchie perm. It might be terrible but she seems to like it. She hasn't followed the crowd (ie Gothards rules) and changed to "loose, flowing curls". I have some admiration for a lady-girl in that situation who doesn't bow down to peer pressure.

I do have a MAJOR!!!! problem with Michelle going to talk to her "girls" that evening and telling them not to do the same thing, not to even think about cutting their hair. What the $#%$! Does Michelle realise her "girls" are adults?

I knew that no matter what they did, she would hate it. I personally thouught it was an improvement but I think it was too "undone" for her personality. Plus, the straightening of her hair showed how terribly damaged it is. But aside from length, she was still able to do her curly mullet, it's just less "party in the back" thanks to lopping off 8 inches. I do understand the horror of someone chopping my hair too short though her hair is still rather long, it's not that much of a change).

I think that part of what made her appear older to some people is the thick, wrong-hued foundation on her face. Too dark and too heavy foundation is like wearing a mask.

That being said, I think that Jim Bob and some of the girls were incredibly unsupportive. The last thing you should say to someone who doesn't like their new hairdo (usually when length is involved) is "it'll grow out!".

I just thought she was being totally ungrateful at first I thought saying "I'll learn to love it" was an indecation of how l 'dead in side' aka beautiful in gods eyes she was as in I have no feelings what so ever so I will train myself into liking something but now I'm thinking it was just a back handed bitchy comment

Isn't Michelle's hair naturally curly? I think she'd look better with some curl or wave and a style that looks less like a hairpiece on top.

The last episode or two Jinger had waves and two or three of the older sisters had straight hair. I think they've given up almost completely on the perms. :lol: It was past time.

People.com has a new article about michelle's new 'do...apparently now she likes it! But JB still hates it and because its shorter Josie doesn't know who she is.

People.com has a new article about michelle's new 'do...apparently now she likes it! But JB still hates it and because its shorter Josie doesn't know who she is.

I find it amusing that this woman's hair is getting so much attention. You'd think she was some A-list celebrity or something. Then again she probably thinks she is.

I think she needed to go a bit shorter, to her shoulders. The haircut and straightening was great improvement. Lose the fake curls and don't clip it back. JB 's new hair was stupid.

I agree she needed to go shorter. I also agree with on JB's hair. I thought JB looked more goofy with his hair and wardrobe makeover. He can't pull off cool.

I find it amusing that this woman's hair is getting so much attention. You'd think she was some A-list celebrity or something. Then again she probably thinks she is.

This reminds me of when Kate Gosselin said her hair was as famous as Jennifer Aniston's :roll: They'll have gone one too far when they put the 'do on Virtual Makeover. Well, I guess people could try on Mullet's 'do as a joke/cautionary tale :lol:

She did look better. I agree they were limited in what they could do. And if my hubby acted that way about me cutting my hair... well, he wouldn't because as he says "It's YOUR hair!" but well... that was a really asshole thing to do!

I thought she looked much better with straight hair. JimBob's a douche.

I dont think the haircut is to blame here....although maybe with Josie it is, but it would suprise me if the other little kids knew who their parents were.

I dont think the haircut is to blame here....although maybe with Josie it is, but it would suprise me if the other little kids knew who their parents were.

I've had my hair long, short, colored it, had highlights put in, curled it, straightened it, and not once has my child ever not known who I am when I've changed my hairstyle. I think Josie not recognizing her own mother is a sign that Michelle is not around enough for Josie or the other J'children for them to know that she is their mother.

I've had my hair long, short, colored it, had highlights put in, curled it, straightened it, and not once has my child ever not known who I am when I've changed my hairstyle. I think Josie not recognizing her own mother is a sign that Michelle is not around enough for Josie or the other J'children for them to know that she is their mother.

Is Michelle not around enough to be recognised or does Josie actually have some disabilities that the Duggars don't admit to? I have taught a child who had a brain injury that meant she was unable to recognise faces. She could point out eyes, mouth, nose, etc but was unable to look at a persons face and say "That's my Mum" or "That's my friend". She was otherwise a bright child and learnt to use other things to recognise people. In my case, she looked for my Violin. Without it, she often didn't recognise me and I would have to tell her who I was, even after knowing her for years. I'm not suggesting this is what Josie has but I wonder whether there is something not quite right in that little girls head.

We've seen Michelle attribute weird things to her kids that they may not have said or meant before. If Michelle was gone for all day or a couple of days, Josie could have just been going mama, mama, mama because Michelle came back. Then Michelle thought it was a better story to make it sound like it was a question to make the hair change more spectacular.

I wonder if TLC said she had to keep the hair? That' would really get at Jim-Bob.....She looked SO GOOD and SO MUCH YOUNGER!!! He should be THRILLED, but of course, the man who wants Puffed Sleeves on everything...............

I wonder if TLC said she had to keep the hair? That' would really get at Jim-Bob.....She looked SO GOOD and SO MUCH YOUNGER!!! He should be THRILLED, but of course, the man who wants Puffed Sleeves on everything...............

In that episode's talking head segments (which I've always assumed are shot after the footage has been edited and assembled) her hair is back to its crunchy curly normal mess, so if TLC wanted her to keep the new hair do, they didn't provide a big enough love offering.

Since presumably that's her natural curl, I can understand why she that she can't be bothered straightening it every day.

They gave her the same haircut as Grandma...in fact she looked like Grandma. Creepy.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. Maybe Boob wanted it that way? Boys want to marry girls who remind them of mom?

I think she would have looked nice with longer bangs and a side part. Maybe more layers. But she does look younger.

Okay, I was looking at the People Magazine "before and after" and it seems like there's more change than her hairstyle. Perhaps it's the Orange Glo fake tan, the removal of smile lines near her eyes and mouth (could be just Photoshop), and a *bit* perkier nose. Her eyes are also wider, her cheeks aren't as puffy, and it looks like she also had some dental work. (All of which is fine, but to attribute it all to just a haircut? That's lying by omission.)

Is it just me, or does anyone else see some other subtle changes?

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2 ... e-haircut/

Mmm... I think she had her eyebrows waxed at least and her brows defined, and there is good use of highlighter on her brow/cheekbones/etc, and she does appear to be opening her eyes wider. I don't think she'd go so far as to do plastic surgery.

And Boob is simply an asshole. If his wife feels pretty and good about herself, he needs to STFU. But of course, a wife is supposed to dress to please her husband :roll:

Guest Anonymous

I have a special needs kid who will be special needs all her life. When this little one was Josie's age, I went from waist-length blonde to to cropped and dyed brown. My little child recognized me. My hair change upset her, but I wasn't a stranger.

I wonder how much time Michelle spends with Josie if Josie doesn't know her face. Maybe Josie is too used to seeing the back of her mom's head.

Guest Anonymous
Since presumably that's her natural curl, I can understand why she that she can't be bothered straightening it every day.

If her hair naturally is that curly, when why do her daughters who have curly hair all perm is and the kids who don't perm have straight hair?

Archived