IGNORED

Michelle Duggar's makeover

gingernut

Did anyone catch anything on the Michelle Duggar's makeover? I just saw something on Huffington Post. They cut off some of her hair and Jim Boob doesn't like it or something along those lines. Anyone got the full scoop?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't watch the show on tv atm, and the mobile versions of both YouTube and HuffPo are really selective in what users see. I really want to see the makeover, are there any pics floating about? Would appreciate any and all links.

Edit: found the HuffPo piece, of course its a video so it will take forever to load. I don't have the time nor the patience for my carrier's bullshit right now, 3G reception is awful out here.

What an ass. Even if he hates it, he should smile, nod, and tell her that she looks great.

why he gets laid no matter what. he can be a ass and still get what he wants. See how the whole thing works?

Oh my god, she actually looked like a healthy woman in her 40s! In 2012!

Jchelle, I know your handlers read here. FUCK BOOB, KEEP THE NEW LOOK.

The hair was a smidge old for her, but it was so much better than what she currently has! She really should keep it and if JimBoob doesn't like it, too bad.

An ass, indeed. Who gives a shit if he likes it or not? It's what she thinks that really matters. Then again, if it's not pleasing to JimBoob, then I'm sure it's not pleasing to the Lord, right? Because as headship, Boob knows all that, doesn't he?

The hair was a smidge old for her, but it was so much better than what she currently has! She really should keep it and if JimBoob doesn't like it, too bad.

I agree, while it does make her look older, she looks better. JimBoob is an ass.

I think the hairstylists were limited by what they could do. Michelle clearly did not want as much cut off as they did. The ends were dead and her layers just turn into mullet when allowed to curl. Her bangs straightened out to the side was much nicer and the first shot of Michelle in the salon was lovely. No idea why she put the butterfly clips in. The makeup they used was nicer, too. At least with some of the deadness cut off, her hair is a little bit healthier. She looked much better than an 80's cupie-doll reject.

I didn't like the new style either. To be honest I don't know what style would look better for her face. I'm not really fashionable though. I thought she looked just like the grandma too. SO weird because everyone was saying how Anna reminded Josh of his mom.

I liked the new style; as someone already said (maybe on the 19KAC thread), it looked even better when the wind got to it and it started curling a little. I also thought that the curls looked better on the shorter hair style (when she was doing her THs).

But, apparently no one in the Duggar family really liked it. What did Jill say? It's okay, I'll grow out? And obviously, JB hated it.

I don't love the hairstyle, but massive improvement over the mullet. But as someone else noted, they were probably limited in what they could do.

And honestly, she has aged pretty well for someone who has been a broodmare for the better part of her life. She is an attractive woman, and I don't see how Jim Bob found her old look better than the new one.

looks like Jim Bob was at least slightly kidding. It's not great, but it's an improvement - at least she looks like she's entered the 90's.

I don't get it, why didn't Jim Bob like it? She looked very pretty with her hair cut. It's not like she lost a lot of length, just a lot of dead hair that wasn't doing much for her anyway.

I don't get it, why didn't Jim Bob like it? She looked very pretty with her hair cut. It's not like she lost a lot of length, just a lot of dead hair that wasn't doing much for her anyway.

JimBoob is stuck in the 80's with no way out. Just look at the wedding dresses he liked in the 'Say Yes To The Dress' episode.

Strange - at first I thought that I really liked her new hairstyle as it was shorter and straighter. I even thought it made her look younger. Then when she and her friend went home for her to debut her new look...honestly, I couldn't believe how much she looked like Grandma! Not a good look for her - not saying she needs to go back to the scrunchy perm look but maybe not this.

I think that if Cindy really wanted Michelle to change her hairstyle they shouldn't have gone for such a drastic change. Cutting off a bunch of inches was definitely helpful, but they should have made her final look curlier. I think the straight hair really threw Michelle for a loop. If they'd curled her hair like some of the girls do (Jana in particular) I think Michelle would have been more open to accepting the new hairstyle. Going from A to Z is really tough, especially when you've had only 20 minutes to comprehend the fact that you're even getting a change (assuming they left straight after the clue reading and it took them a bit to get to the hair salon). I think the girls were thinking that Michelle would get a few inches cut off so that the hair would appear healthier (get rid of the split ends) and maybe get highlights but would essentially come home with the same look. I think their faces showed their dismay with how their surprise backfired.

I recall reading through some of Gothards edicts that long, curly hair is "recommended" in order to make the eyes brighter. Bright eyes are a necessity for women in Gothards world. Soon... The new do would be in violation.

I thought everyone's reactions were a bit weird. They all seemed offended or something. Jill was bitchy as always. I noticed Jinger was a bit snarky as well,but I think she has that same reaction to everything.

Also,does Michelle see Cindy more than like..once a year? I figured she's way too ~normal~ for Michelle. They only keep Amy around because she's family,so she doesnt count. I think its funny that they bring Cindy on the show every once in awhile as "The friend from grade school." Notice she said Jim Bob tried to set her up with guys. I bet she's glad she dodged that bullet,as Im assuming Jim Bob's friends were really similar to him. Didnt he go "witness to Michelle" with his friends? And that's how they started dating? I also wonder if Michelle envies Cindy ever. Cindy is beautiful and seems to have a nice house,and has made a good life for herself. How many kids does she have?

Oh,and about the hair,it was ok. Better than the usual crunchy noodle hair she and most of the girls wear to please Jim Bob.

I recall reading through some of Gothards edicts that long, curly hair is "recommended" in order to make the eyes brighter. Bright eyes are a necessity for women in Gothards world. Soon... The new do would be in violation.

That's what I thought too, in regards to the kind of bizarro reaction of the J'slaves to their mother's new 'do.

Archived