IGNORED

Michelle Duggar's makeover

gingernut

Anybody think like me - that maybe it's the girls who'd like to lop off 8" and quit perming the crap out of their hair, so they decided to use Michelle as a guinea pig and see how

Daddy reacted? Sorry, girls, looks like you're stuck in the double 80s - 1880 for the length, and 1980 for the style. :lol:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An ass, indeed. Who gives a shit if he likes it or not? It's what she thinks that really matters. Then again, if it's not pleasing to JimBoob, then I'm sure it's not pleasing to the Lord, right? Because as headship, Boob knows all that, doesn't he?

She said "I'll learn to love it."

The makeup did shave off about 5 years. The hair was about the best you could do, but even though Mullet has about a 2-head, they should have not been so severe cutting the bangs. I have a four-head and been there when someone cuts the fringe to a point where I can't bend it just a tad (my skin is freakishly oily). I think SHE does it because Boob liked it in 1984.

I thought it looked much better, especially when it was first revealed at the hairdressers. It's a start but I was so disappointed to see that she had gone back to the curls.

Anybody think like me - that maybe it's the girls who'd like to lop off 8" and quit perming the crap out of their hair, so they decided to use Michelle as a guinea pig and see how

Daddy reacted? Sorry, girls, looks like you're stuck in the double 80s - 1880 for the length, and 1980 for the style. :lol:

That's a distinct possibility - I get liking longer hair, but clearly they didn't all choose it.

They gave her the same haircut as Grandma...in fact she looked like Grandma. Creepy.

I had the same thought. The style on its own wasn't bad - but it did make me think "Grandma Duggar".

Once upon a time, for my 25th birthday, my mom treated me to a makeover. I chopped off my long hair, and got it colored and highlighted and styled, to have a more professional look. When I came home, hubby said, "Oh....you sort of look like my mom." Now, my MIL was actually fairly young and is a good-looking, very well-groomed woman - but that sentence was an instant mood-killer.

Guys often like to see "their woman" looking the way she looked when they first met, so that's one reason why so many gals go around with dated-looking hair and makeup.

Another reason is that some women get stuck in the styles of their young-adult years (20s, early 30s). I've seen this going on for at least 30 years: mullets or Farrah-Fawcett hair, late-'80s overdone makeup, tapered acid-wash jeans (because "Look--I can still fit into them!).

Someone on the 19KAC page had a great point (surely it was a FJer). She should have set this up and donated to locks of love before she cut off 8 inches of her hair. If she had taken just a bit more it could have gone to a really good cause.

I can't believe JimBob didn't like it! It's so much better than the old style.

As someone who cut 2+ feet of waist-length hair off in one day (it went to Locks of Love), I know it can be kind of a shock to look in the mirror (my hair is now about 1-2 inches long). Maybe it would have been better if she'd had some time to look at styles, think about it for awhile, and then went for it. I had been considering cutting mine for a couple of years before I went for it, and I sort of prepped the husband by showing him photos of what I was going for (not that I needed his approval, I just knew he'd be surprised - although for the record, my husband actually likes my short hair a lot). I think that helped - it definitely wasn't an impulse decision, and I wonder how much Michelle considered the whole thing before going in.

The salon posted some pictures.

WOW!!! A major improvement. I don't agree that she looks like Grandma Dugger, at all. She looks young and fresh.

I don't really like it. I think it's a bit young looking for her? I'm not sure what it is but maybe how straight it is? I think it's still a big improvement on what she had. I also agree she should have lopped off two more inches and at least donated it. Of course though they only think of themselves and how that makes for a good show and not of others.

I expect Michelle's hair wasn't in good enough condition to donate. It looked so ratty I'm sure it would have gone to the trash. I like the idea of Michelle getting updated and cutting off the nasty ragged bottom of her hair, but the bump on the side didn't appeal to me and it seemed too straight and kind of draggy looking on her. I think she would have looked nicer with some wave and maybe side swept bangs. Still I think it was progress to get a good trim done. I hope they haven't scared her off getting something done with her hair regularly.

Boogalou posted the video on page 17 of the "Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all! (Part 2)" thread.

The look on her face said J'ichelle really did not like her new look, but of course her programming doesn't allow her to express it. Specfically, her friend Cindy was all excited after the big reveal and said "Don't you love it?" and J'ichelle smiled a tight smile and said "I'll learn to love it". Then she went home, showed the family and JB didn't love it, so it's likely she washed her hair ASAP and promised never to let it be cut again unless is JB present to give his opinion.

ETA: Spelled Boogalou's name correctly and added the page.

I saw this on DListed, and I had to come over here to see what folks were saying(because I get all my Duggar snark from FJ & Michael K).

In one of the previous seasons during the summer, Michelle had her hair up. I thought that it was a great look for her.

She did look better. I agree they were limited in what they could do. And if my hubby acted that way about me cutting my hair... well, he wouldn't because as he says "It's YOUR hair!" but well... that was a really asshole thing to do!

Michael K at dlisted.com has weighed in. Hevens, I love that gay:

http://dlisted.com/2012/11/01/lets-all- ... s-old-hair

snippets (pardon the term)

Would you ever want to turn off Niagara Falls? Would you ever want to fill the Grand Canyon with manure? Would you ever paint over a rainbow with shades of beige? Would you ever break into Shauna Sand's shoe closet and replace all her exquisite lucite heels with CROCs? No, you would never want to destroy a thing of beauty, because that is ILLEGAL. ...

On Tuesday night's episode of 19 Kids and Counting, Michelle Duggar's childhood friend Cindy (Full name: Cindy, Evil Bitch Destroyer of Glamour) came over to give her a makeover. Michelle hasn't changed her hair in almost 39 years and there's a reason for that. The Bible clearly states: Thou shalt not stop frying your hair with a curling iron and gel from the 99 Cent Store. But Michelle went against the word of the lord and let Cindy ruin her hair. ...

I don't know if any of the three ladies MIchael thanks for putting him wise to this are FreeJingerians, but I wish I was one of 'em.

LIve long and prosper, Michael K. If not, I'll find you in Heaven and take my celestial chankla to you! :D

She would look better with different makeup on. The natural look doesn't go well with that new hairstyle.

What's with the bump on her left side (before she pinned the sides for the big reveal at home)? It looks like a bloody tumor.

I also thought that the curls looked better on the shorter hair style (when she was doing her THs).

Me too.

Confession: I was surprised when they didn't cover her hair for the Talking Head interviews, so you wouldn't know what they did. I've obviously been watching too much America's Next Top Model.

I thought it was a vast improvement, minus that side bump. But hey, they're in Arkansas, not glamorous NYC. Can't expect something totally model-amazing.

Her normal curly long mullet is so bizarre!... especially cringe-worthy during the talking head interviews when the shorter poufs are brushing her shoulders.

A lovely woman I used to work with also had not changed her hairstyle or color in over 25 years. (Jennifer Grey's hairstyle from Flashdance). This woman was 63 years old and lived in terror that her haircolor shade would be discontinued. She also was so nervous about the style that when she put a clip in the side to hold it back a bit she wasn't sure if she could handle the change. I also worked with another woman who kept her 40's do into the 70's (roll around the edge). Ann Landers and the Queen come to mind as well. With that said Michelle looked lots better and a least she gave it a shot within the "rules" she follows!

I think she needed to go a bit shorter, to her shoulders. The haircut and straightening was great improvement. Lose the fake curls and don't clip it back. JB 's new hair was stupid.

Archived