IGNORED

Maxwells are home!

OkToBeTakei

Gotta say, as much as I love to snark on the Maxwell family, that photo of Teri and Steve actually makes them look happy and loving. Why couldn't the family photo look as good as that one?

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gotta say, as much as I love to snark on the Maxwell family, that photo of Teri and Steve actually makes them look happy and loving. Why couldn't the family photo look as good as that one?

I agree with you. In the photo they look like normal people, I think if someone saw this picture they would probably think "what a normal couple" not knowing truly what their true life is.

I agree too it is a nice photo, but the cynic in me thinks it's a way to counter the criticism Stevie reads about himself and his relationship on here.

Notice later on Nathan name checks his wife, whilst Christopher takes on a more dominanat :gay-imgay: tone and asserts his headship and does not do the same for Anna. Always seems to me that Nathan is slightly more modern.

So, any bets on what "Anna's project" is going to be? We know she isn't buying a house. She's typing in that Sarah-posed picture. Are they going to let her write a Moody book? IT consulting is for the menfolk, right?

Well, she is a One Ton graduate and since female students can't be mentored via phone by males, I'm guessing she'll be their mentor.

Either that or she's writing a cookbook.

Wasn't there some talk a while back about how Anna is learning to back up Sarah in the family business? I assumed that meant the usual business of bookkeeping and what not that you need to do to run an online store and publishing house. Not sure how it would work into a "project" though but perhaps she's revamped something in the business?

Either that or yeah probably a cookbook.

Wow. Teri looks so happy and carefree in that photo. Who knew it was still possible for her to put a genuine smile on her face?

Christopher not mentioning his wife by name was a really tool move. It just demonstrates how damaged and damaging these men are.

Guest Anonymous

Christopher not mentioning his wife by name was a really tool move. It just demonstrates how damaged and damaging these men are.

He is thankful that Anna loves him but not thankful that he has a wife that he loves in return?

And also, neither Sarah nor Steve edited it to add Anna in. They have no idea how their writing must come across to readers.

Tools, all of them.

Well, she is a One Ton graduate and since female students can't be mentored via phone by males, I'm guessing she'll be their mentor.

Either that or she's writing a cookbook.

Do people still buy cookbooks? I have a lovely collection of cookbooks but more often these days I just pull something up online. Maybe with her On Ton experience, she'll be making an online cookbook? But, then again, I wouldn't pay for one since online recipes are free. Hmmm.

Just a wild guess:

Because Steve & Teri are living the life they chose for themselves, while the kids are doing what they've been told is The Only Way Otherwise You'll Burn Here AND Eternally. They are full of fear of anything more than 0.6 of a mile in one direction* away from Santa Fe St., Leavenworth, KS, 66048.

*Joseph's vacant house

Guest Anonymous

Do people still buy cookbooks? I have a lovely collection of cookbooks but more often these days I just pull something up online. Maybe with her On Ton experience, she'll be making an online cookbook? But, then again, I wouldn't pay for one since online recipes are free. Hmmm.

People buy chore charts so who knows.... there are probably enough people out there sufficiently lacking in the high-level skills required to use Google to find a cookie pizza recipe. :mrgreen:

People buy chore charts so who knows.... there are probably enough people out there sufficiently lacking in the high-level skills required to use Google to find a cookie pizza recipe. :mrgreen:

Good point. I can just imagine what she'll include: burritos, cookie pizza, turtle cheesecake, gingerbread, rationed-out chicken breast, ice cream made in a machine. I wonder if they ever just go hog wild and have steaks?

But not the Maxwell's super godly cookie pizza recipe. That's only for the LORD's chosen

But not the Maxwell's super godly cookie pizza recipe. That's only for the LORD's chosen

You know, they could have a whole new chart system to go with the cookbook, it can show how much food each member of the family gets, how much they can get for rewards and how much can get taken away for punishments without starving said person. :roll:

I love cookbooks! I have too many. And I want more. It's just like flowers, you can't have too many flowers. You can just get another home for your books if they overflow.

Agree! But I doubt he reads here, but it would not Suprise me if he would insist on a chart even @ home.

Steve most definitely reads here.

I love cookbooks! I have too many. And I want more. It's just like flowers, you can't have too many flowers. You can just get another home for your books if they overflow.

Wasn't there a thread a while back about some fundy who said that "children are like flowers, you can never have too many of them" and a bunch of flower lovers (dunno what the proper term is) came on here and said, "oh yeah there is?" Were you trying to play off that or is it coincidental?

I totally agree with you about books though: you can NEVER have too many!

Wasn't there a thread a while back about some fundy who said that "children are like flowers, you can never have too many of them" and a bunch of flower lovers (dunno what the proper term is) came on here and said, "oh yeah there is?" Were you trying to play off that or is it coincidental?

I totally agree with you about books though: you can NEVER have too many!

That was the one and only Michelle Duggar.

Archived