IGNORED

Obama: "Rape is Rape. It Is A Crime"

happy atheist

Romney is the kind of governor who would fuck around with a child's birth certificate because he didn't like the fact that the parents are gay. He did it even after he was told that crossing shit out on a birth certificate in the post 9/11 era was guaranteeing the kid a raft of trouble. HE DIDN'T CARE. HE DIDN'T GIVE A SHIT. Because, to him, that kid should have never seen the light of day being the child of two gay parents.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-beck ... 17756.html

Another thing: Right-wingers are always going on about how Obama sat under Rev. Wright for a long time. Let's talk about the Mormon Church. Dallin Oaks, an apostle, got up earlier this month and:

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - During his afternoon speech on Sunday at the LDS General Conference, apostle Dallin Oaks denounced single and same-sex parenthood.

Oaks, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, says children raised by a single parent or gay couple will be at a disadvantage.

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story/L ... UNpTw.cspx

This was THREE WEEKS AGO. Why doesn't someone ask Romney why he supports a church leader who thinks that GLBT and single parents are automatically worse than having opposite-sex parents?

8131114510_008d856f04_o.jpg

I so want to mail that off to Dallin Oaks and ask him about these successful products of single parenthood.

ETA: No, we most certainly DO NOT need Mitt Romney in the White House. Not only because his economic plan is shit, not only because it's a near certainty that women's rights would be rolled back in many different ways, but also because the separation of church and state would be trampled on over and over and over again by a raging herd of elephants. Nope, no thanks.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not a Bill Maher fan but he has a point: it's not Romney, it's all the right wing that comes with him - plus, I just feel like there's going to be an element of "we voted you in, now you owe us support for our crazy pants ideas" playing in.

I am not a Bill Maher fan but he has a point: it's not Romney, it's all the right wing that comes with him - plus, I just feel like there's going to be an element of "we voted you in, now you owe us support for our crazy pants ideas" playing in.

And Romney is exactly the type of spineless do-whatever-it-takes-to-get-elected politician who will capitulate to the psycho religious element. As long as it doesn't harm his and his high rolling friends' wallets (which it probably won't, seeing as even the poor among the psycho religious element have a breathtaking way of supporting measures that will take food out of their own family's mouths), he'll be fine with it.

That video was just amazing. I just cannot grasp why someone, especailly someone who works with lower class families, would vote for Mitt. Unless you hate those people and want to see them lose healthcare and everything.

Archived