IGNORED

"Conservative Women are Hotties and Liberal Women are Fug!"

GolightlyGrrl

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Kidist used pictures of Lauren Bacall, Ingrid Bergman, Katharine Hepburn et al. to create a contrast with Helen Hunt. She does know all three of those, ESPECIALLY Hepburn but certainly Bacall and Bergman as well, were very liberal, right????

Seconding this one.

There was one version of this floating around where all the liberal women were older ones (Ruth Bader Ginsburg was one, can't recall the others, but maybe Sonia Sotomayor?) and all the conservative women were of the young and blonde variety.

But maybe that's because women on the liberal side have value after their childbearing years are over?

I got where they were getting the Sarah Palin = hot vibe, but again, ugly on the inside isn't fixed by pretty on the outside.

I won't bother to click, but let me guess: Hillary and Janet Reno are prominently displayed. They're usually the first two on those stupid lists. :roll:

I've never clicked through to kidist blog before. I'm confused. I don't see anyone named "Kidist" rather "Camera Lucida"?

Also, is she always a total bitch?

The blog is called Camera Lucida. The person is named Kidist Paulos Asrat.

Here she is:

qBagr.jpg

She was born in Ethiopia, now lives in Canada, and has myriad views that are odd and bigoted.

She fixates on the idea that Asian women are stealing white men.

She seems to believe that anyone who doesn't have her exact aesthetic has no taste.

She doesn't seem to have a social or family life.

She hates gay people.

She imagines that people in public services (like waitstaff) are silently agreeing with her prejudice, when they act neutral, are pleasant, or just continue doing their job until they can get away from her.

She hates black people -- she is from a group called the Amhara, and considers herself "of Caucasoid derivation." :roll:

amnation.com/vfr/archives/015068.html

She is one of the people discussed here about whom some people find themselves wondering whether to pity her more than scorn her, because it does seem like there's something very wrong there.

Folks, did I miss anything? :D

I won't bother to click, but let me guess: Hillary and Janet Reno are prominently displayed. They're usually the first two on those stupid lists. :roll:

Nope -- this is what Kidist is calling ugly:

oUkdw.jpg

Helen Hunt at a movie premiere. Go figure.

Why fundies are better all around, not just in the looks department:

http://shockawenow.blogspot.com/2012/10 ... ts_18.html

Quote: While liberal Protestant women are often cold fishes, young earth creationist wives are sweet, adorable and irresistible to their loving creationist husbands! Atheist and agnostic women are often than the general population to be short haired, butch, lesbian, men hating feminists!

It seems like she is always a bitch. She has made a few racist entries before.

If by "a few" you mean "the majority of the rantings on her blog over a period of years", then yes, Kidist has made a few racist entries.

The woman is insane, and it manifests in a particularly nasty manner.

Helen Hunt? REALLY? I don't think she got past that awful dress...well, the color anyway...it doesn't work with Helen's skin tone. Same dress in fire engine red would be FAB and Helen (and that slammin' almost 50 year old bod) would have ROCKED it.

Helen Hunt? REALLY? I don't think she got past that awful dress...well, the color anyway...it doesn't work with Helen's skin tone.

Oh, no -- she liked the dress -- she just thinks Helen is ugly because she is liberal.

What - you don't see the logic in that? :?

She is wearing the required glamor dress, a Chagoury couture, at the 2012 premier for the film The Sessions, but her face is that of an older woman who cannot (will not) make the extra effort to beautify herself. She has pretty, girlish curls (most likely dyed blonde), but her forty-nine-year-old face is pale and sallow and with no make-up. Her battle with her appearance is layered with curly girlishness and a stubborn avoidance of beauty aids, as though she is channeling some inner-child-puritan. Her mature designer dress is lost in her half-finished get-up.

I think "layered with curly girlishness" is my phrase of the day. It sounds like something from a food ad.

I think this argument starts and ends with Phyllis Schafly.

A - fucking - men!

:clap:

Not really sure why we need to care about the relationship between a woman's feminine performance (because much of Kidist's beauty standards are about gender performance) and her political leanings.

I think Kidist is very pretty. She has those huge eyes that many ethnic Ethiopian women have. But she is not traditionally pretty to a Western eye. Nor is Helen Hunt with her kind of intelligent, handsome features. I don't think looks are really related to political views. I am friends with a lot of freejinger posters on FB and we are a pretty adorable bunch! But it does not matter, really, except in how we are perceived by society.

I guess she has to make up lies because she is out of rational arguments?

It's interesting that a similar, albeit opposite, argument has been made here many times. I think there is a lot of merit to the idea that how you perceive someone's personality affects how you perceive their looks.

*snort*. 'Ol Kidist has some nerve talking about people's looks. In Thoughtful's pic, she looks kind of sickly--hair's thinning, sunken in features, dark circles under her eyes. Her complexion looks kind of...jaundiced(looking for the right word)? It pains me to say this, but I think Kidist could be a pretty woman. Too bad being a hateful miserable little toad has taken its' toll on her looks.

The blog is called Camera Lucida. The person is named Kidist Paulos Asrat.

Here she is:

qBagr.jpg

She was born in Ethiopia, now lives in Canada, and has myriad views that are odd and bigoted.

She fixates on the idea that Asian women are stealing white men.

She seems to believe that anyone who doesn't have her exact aesthetic has no taste.

She doesn't seem to have a social or family life.

She hates gay people.

She imagines that people in public services (like waitstaff) are silently agreeing with her prejudice, when they act neutral, are pleasant, or just continue doing their job until they can get away from her.

She hates black people -- she is from a group called the Amhara, and considers herself "of Caucasoid derivation." :roll:

amnation.com/vfr/archives/015068.html

She is one of the people discussed here about whom some people find themselves wondering whether to pity her more than scorn her, because it does seem like there's something very wrong there.

Folks, did I miss anything? :D

She's also from an area of town that's known for being home to many Asians and many gay people. The two groups she seems to hate most. That's always seemed weird to me. She's the only person local to me that we snark on here, so I can't help but be fascinated by her strange views. A lot of fundies seem to have peers of similar beliefs, but she really doesn't. People in public services seems like the only people she interacts with, which makes me sad until I remember what she writes about.

It's interesting that a similar, albeit opposite, argument has been made here many times. I think there is a lot of merit to the idea that how you perceive someone's personality affects how you perceive their looks.

I have noticed the idea that people are physically ugly because they're hateful bigots, and I don't like that idea. Being a hateful bigot has nothing to do with your looks just like being liberal has nothing to do with your looks. Though having a billion kids close together, like many of the hateful bigots we talk about here do, can have an effect.

I have noticed the idea that people are physically ugly because they're hateful bigots, and I don't like that idea. Being a hateful bigot has nothing to do with your looks just like being liberal has nothing to do with your looks. Though having a billion kids close together, like many of the hateful bigots we talk about here do, can have an effect.

I have the thought that Kidist, like me, will not be winning any prizes. I do not think it's dishonest to say that.

Nothing to do with politics. Kidist and me are on the opposites of the spectrum. It's that sometimes life doesn't give you the goodies you want.

Approximately 90 percent of the women on the list of actors and actresses who have endorsed Obama are, to my eye, gorgeous. Considering that much of Hollywood is politically liberal, and most well-known actors and actresses are physically attractive, Kidist's argument can't possibly hold up to examination. I know, a real first for her. :roll:

I thought the pics of Helen Hunt were lovely. Michelle Obama is very attractive too.

I am a non-attractive member of the Left :oops: but I can point you to loads of left wing women who are cute and pretty. Prettier than you, Kidist.

Really? You've been making this claim for too long without proof. I'll believe it when I see it. I'm guessing you're about as unattractive as you are "not smart". :D ;)

There used to be a meme going around comparing ugly liberal women to attractive conservatives. It showed Barbra Streisand, Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Janet Reno, Hilary Clinton, etc. in extremely unflattering photos. The it showed a collage of Shannen Doherty, Bo Derek, Janine Turner, Ann Coulter, and the like. All I could think was how accomplished the liberal list was: an Oscar winning actress/singer/screenwriter/director with a decades long career, Supreme Court justice, a US senator, a Secretary of State, an attorney general. All the other side could offer was some b listers and a lawyer who couldn't cut it in the courtroom and made a career of meanness. Do conservatives really want to brag about that?

I think Kidist is very pretty. She has those huge eyes that many ethnic Ethiopian women have. But she is not traditionally pretty to a Western eye. Nor is Helen Hunt with her kind of intelligent, handsome features. I don't think looks are really related to political views. I am friends with a lot of freejinger posters on FB and we are a pretty adorable bunch! But it does not matter, really, except in how we are perceived by society.

I guess she has to make up lies because she is out of rational arguments?

She sort of reminds me of Nadia Noor Botkin; I go back and forth with her. But, the main gist of my criticism is about people who live in glass houses...

Why does the caption for the Ava Gardner picture say "Ava Gardner in the 1930"? That picture was pretty clearly taken in the 50s or 60s. She would have been a child in the 30s.

For some reason people getting basic timelines in the 20th century mixed up irritates me a lot. I dread the day when I am really old and everyone around me refers to the 20th century as "the nineteen-hundreds" and assumes we all rode horses and shit.

/snit

Scowling and being hateful take their toll on your face, to be sure. But in just plain features, I think we are all roughly the same in attractiveness.

OMG I KNOW. Her and big sexy brain and dorky-hot glasses and I DIE.

Whoa, back off my woman, man. :lol: I have such a thing for short hair, too. I would be happy just to listen to her talk about things forever.

Archived