IGNORED

"Conservative Women are Hotties and Liberal Women are Fug!"

GolightlyGrrl

I know someone with this name. It is pronounced Keedees, with the accent on the second syllable. The t is generally silent.

Nice to know -- thanks.

I was hearing it in my head like someone saying "kinist" with a stuffy nose. Which would be sort of appropriate for Kidist, but, ah, well. :lol:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lmfao

At least we don't have to claim Mann Coulter.

Can't we insult her without resorting to transphobic slurs?

[Jan Brewer. Wagging her finger at the President of the United States. Eek. She looks even scarier (personality wise, she's downright rude to her staff) in person than she does as portrayed by the media (I used to work in one of her offices right after Naplotano left.) She is just not a nice person at all.

So, we should judge liberal and conservative men by their character and ideas, but we should judge women doing the exact same thing by their looks. God bless the patriarchy.

Anyway, conservatives are proud of how hot Sarah Palin is, but she's... less than competent, something a LOT of conservatives can agree with us on! I'd much rather take Hillary Clinton... who isn't really that unattractive, but of course she's 65 and looks the part, and who would want to vote for THAT? Of course another ugly liberal :roll:

Of course, conservative women buy into the patriarchy, and even if they're only 'fiscal' conservatives, they have to put a lot of effort into their outward appearance to be taken seriously by conservative men. Liberal women generally don't have the problem of needing to be media-approved gorgeous just to get men on their side to take them seriously. It's all about patriarchy, and I look forward to the day when no news source posts an article focusing on a female politician's appearance, even in the 'entertainment' or 'lifestyle' sections.

I totally agree. It's 2012, and I can't believe we still have this type of conversation. But we do, and I still say it starts and ends with Phyllis Schlafly.

Oh the conservatives want to act like Sarah Palin is the archetype of the conservative women, but it's ole Phyllis who's beliefs form the cornerstone of their platform. She's their goddess.

Stinking Lousewife recently posted about how feminism has made women uglier over recent generations:

thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2012/10/on-beauty-and-female-faces/

And then she lets rip on Jennifer Aniston (oh, she did not just dis on my girlcrush . . .) and the very first comment points out how she wouldn't have Brad Pitt's babies (obviously she's been poisoned by feminism! And Gloria Steinem! And eleventy!!!!).

I see this as shaming a woman, post baby making age, who has not had plastic surgery. Helen Hunt looks like your average, attractive, 40 year old (and yes, i know that she is 49, she is aging beautifully!). We all must be blonde, big boobed, heavily made up, fertile 25 year olds, or die trying to look like that!

Aaaaarrrghghhhhaaahh! Sorry, I just can't cope with this shit anymore.

BTW, Kidist, she is wearing make-up...it's minimalist and age appropriate.

Thank you for beating me to it, B5SnowDog.

Thirded. Also, Coulter may not be the prettiest person to hit the airwaves, but she doesn't really look that much like a man. To me, anyway.

Stinking Lousewife recently posted about how feminism has made women uglier over recent generations:

thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2012/10/on-beauty-and-female-faces/

And then she lets rip on Jennifer Aniston (oh, she did not just dis on my girlcrush . . .) and the very first comment points out how she wouldn't have Brad Pitt's babies (obviously she's been poisoned by feminism! And Gloria Steinem! And eleventy!!!!).

What the hell is wrong with th...oh, there's probably no answer to what's wrong with the Lousewife. I'm not a fan of Aniston's body of work (just not my thing) but she has a fresh faced charming look and always looks cheerful and happy. But in the Lousewife's world you're probably not allowed to look like a cheerful happy attractive woman unless you are simultaneously thanking your husband for the huge privilege of ironing his boxer shorts and apologising for your lady parts.

I see this as shaming a woman, post baby making age, who has not had plastic surgery. Helen Hunt looks like your average, attractive, 40 year old (and yes, i know that she is 49, she is aging beautifully!). We all must be blonde, big boobed, heavily made up, fertile 25 year olds, or die trying to look like that!

Aaaaarrrghghhhhaaahh! Sorry, I just can't cope with this shit anymore.

BTW, Kidist, she is wearing make-up...it's minimalist and age appropriate.

Minimalist is always age appropriate. At least that's what I tell my 20 year old self when I give up on trying to put eyeliner on my upper eyelids... ;)

But seriously, I don't get the age shaming either. I don't fit the criteria for conventional cuteness, but at least I'm young, right? I don't get what's so unattractive about wrinkles and gray hair. It happens to everyone who lives long enough. I'm not going to waste money on skin creams and hair dye. I've spent enough on beauty products already.

I totally agree. It's 2012, and I can't believe we still have this type of conversation. But we do, and I still say it starts and ends with Phyllis Schlafly.

Oh the conservatives want to act like Sarah Palin is the archetype of the conservative women, but it's ole Phyllis who's beliefs form the cornerstone of their platform. She's their goddess.

Phyllis spawned the likes of Ann Coulter, Sarah Palin, Michelle Malkin, Dr. Laura and the rest of their ilk.

Interestingly enough, I caught some footage of Phyllis giving speech on the local fundie channel. Oy, was she dull. And she is completely devoid of any charm or warmth. I can't believe this woman became so powerful.

Feminists of the old school—the ones who actively tried to look like men, and very homely men at that, by shearing off their hair, dressing in suits, and donning horn-rimmed glasses—are another matter. But I am happy to report that I no longer see many of those around, and I am also very sure that none of them ever wastes her time browsing organs of the lost and the damned like this one.

This is the Lousewife's source and I find it utterly bewildering. I'm a person who's not particularly bothered about how I look to men. But why do I have to be because I'm a woman? Where are all the articles telling men off for not looking hot and sexy enough? Nowhere. It's only women who have the responsibility to be attractive. Men are evidently hawt just by existing. We women have to work at it.

That's a really strange attitude, and seems to me to have a homoerotic undertone.

Smiles, I find, are rarely beautiful. They are lascivious, or intended-to-be-lascivious (the tired prostitute’s forced leer), or self-centered (“Look at me, one and all! I have arrived!â€), or strained (“He wants one for his niece… Smile # 8, I thinkâ€), or just plain obfuscating with regard to the face’s essential features. Smiles tend to be evasive.

Or perhaps a woman is just happy and isn't worried about giving every man she sees an instant boner by looking as sultry as possible. Because, you know, human being and everything.

This is the Lousewife's source and I find it utterly bewildering. I'm a person who's not particularly bothered about how I look to men. But why do I have to be because I'm a woman? Where are all the articles telling men off for not looking hot and sexy enough? Nowhere. It's only women who have the responsibility to be attractive. Men are evidently hawt just by existing. We women have to work at it.

That's a really strange attitude, and seems to me to have a homoerotic undertone.

What really grinds my gears is, men can look however they want. Fat, bald, pale, orange, stick-thin, short, tall, hairy beast- doesn't matter. Of course there is a preference for certain types of men, but the pressure isn't nearly as strong for them. Michelle Obama is a good-looking, fashionable woman, yes, but the media rarely pays attention to anything she does (and really, anything any First Lady does). Barack is pretty good-looking too, but you don't see floods of articles gushing about his stylish new summer pants or whatever. He got flack for wearing 'dad jeans' once. ONCE. Compare that to how often his wife is in the news because someone liked her dress.

Keep in mind, she's a lawyer, educated at both Princeton and Harvard, intends (and possibly already has) to visit all Cabinet-level agencies, and is quite active in supporting the President's various programs. She is one of the more active First Ladies, and I wouldn't be surprised if she tries to run for some type of office herself eventually like Hillary Clinton did. She also does a lot to promote fitness and healthy eating. Do you hear about that? No.

It pretty much means that regardless of how pretty they are, women will never be taken seriously in politics on their own merits. Because American men are apparently so goddamn shallow that they wouldn't know to vote for a Republican woman or a Democrat woman if one wasn't prettier than the other. Imagine if the last election (or this one) was between Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton. Clinton would hand Palin's ass to her on a silver platter, but all the media would care about was who was wearing the prettier dress.

It's lose-lose either way. Also, Clinton actually cut her hair upon becoming First Lady, because she needed to conform to the image of a powerful, no-nonsense Democratic woman. That did not work well for her, clearly, so now she's grown her hair out. But she's still not taken seriously because she's too damn old.

Archived