doggie

Spoiler

image.png.9ea46121cc9f42448581989f4988da87.png

Trump's such a classy guy. :pb_rollseyes:

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Thank You 3

• 4 weeks later...

‘The View’ Audiences Campaign for Meghan McCain’s Foe Tara Setmayer to Replace Her: “A Republican I Can Stand To Listen To”

Tara Setmayer is off to a flying start on The View this week. The political commentator and former GOP Communications director is stepping into Meghan McCain‘s empty conservative seat on the panel, giving her take on hot topics on today and tomorrow’s (Nov. 15 and 16) tapings. Today, as the hosts discussed President Joe Biden’s approval rating, Adele’s interview with Oprah, and sat down with Chris Christie, fans of The View took to social media to applaud Setmayer as host — and even campaign for her to stick around permanently.

This isn’t Setmayer’s first rodeo at The View. In fact, Setmayer used to be a fill-in host like Ana Navarro is now. From 2017-2019, she was an alternate host for the panel — but she hasn’t been back in over two years. While she was subbing on the show, Setmayer had a pretty nasty feud with McCain over the course of several episodes. Although it hasn’t been confirmed officially, it was reported that McCain barred the guest host from coming back while she was on the panel.

But that only fueled The View fans’ fire as they watched Setmayer and compared her to the dearly departed conservative host. “Tara Setmayer is a Republican I can stand to listen to,” one user shared. “I definitely disagree with things she says, but unlike some, she makes fair arguments and doesn’t seem to delight in distorting the truth.”

And although The View audiences are still rooting for Ana Navarro to snag the permanent slot, they were quick to support Setmayer as a second choice. Maybe she can take back that fill-in job from Navarro!

“I like Tara Setmayer and wouldn’t be mad at her being the conservative voice,” one user tweeted, adding, “she’s sensible and has a personality.”

The only problem? Setmayer no longer identifies as a conservative. As of 2020, the commentator switched parties, now identifying as an independent. Folks at The View like Sunny Hostin have been clear about wanting a “really conservative voice” to replace McCain, meaning Setmayer may not be exactly what the show is looking for. Nevertheless, we’ll get to see Setmayer as guest host for one more day on tomorrow’s (Nov. 16) taping.

The View airs weekdays on ABC at 11/10c.

• Thank You 7

• 4 weeks later...

Meghan McCain slammed after 'Fox News Christmas tree' fire meltdown

Meghan McCain is going berserk over the Fox News Christmas tree fire. Very early Wednesday morning a 49-year old man was arrested after police say he set fire to the tree, which is outside the Fox News headquarters in midtown Manhattan.

"Police say the man acted alone and the incident didn't appear to be premeditated or politically motivated. Charges against him are pending," NBC New York reported. The New York Times adds that "police said they believed that he was homeless and were investigating whether drugs or mental illness had played a factor."

McCain, a former Fox News employee and former co-host on "The View," unleashed her anger on Twitter where she defended the GOP.

"I don't want to hear anything about how radical some of you believe republicans to be when there are lunatics running around New York City setting Fox News Christmas tree on fire," she tweeted, typos and grammatical errors included.

McCain was quickly mocked for comparing Republicans' assault on the U.S. Capitol, voting rights, reproductive rights, education, and cherished American institutions such as the right to have confidence in the integrity of the electoral system, to – as one observer put it, a "minor property crime."

At some point she deleted the tweet, but her anger washed into her other messages, including directly calling a former Biden advisor an "asshole."

Did anybody else know that she's a columnist for the Daily Mail?

In her first excoriating column for DailyMail.com, MEGHAN McCAIN says feckless, unreliable, cantankerous Joe Biden is shaping up to be a worse president than Jimmy Carter

• Eyeroll 7

On 12/8/2021 at 11:47 AM, Cartmann99 said:

I loathe all the bullshit about Carter being a bad POTUS. He was given a bad set of circumstances. He was, perhaps, also just too good and honest for the job. And all this outrage over a tree is ridiculous. Megs should redirect some of that energy to outrage over children going hungry; pregnant women not getting basic prenatal care; the disparity of education in poverty stricken areas compared to wealthy areas; food deserts and its effect on obesity rates as well as other health issues- hell, I’d settle for her getting her dander up over lack of recycling in her neighborhood! 

• Upvote 11

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Blonde white lady born with a silver spoon in her mouth that she only takes out to screech MY FATHER JOHN MCCAIN says what? 

• Upvote 7

• 4 months later...

Steve Schmidt and Meghan McCain got into a nasty fight this past weekend. He made a Substack post last night which sums up the highlights from the various Twitter threads.

No Books. No Money. Just the Truth.

This is a story about lying. Public lying. It is a story about Senator John McCain’s lying, and the damage it has done to many people, including me. It is also a story about my lying because, ultimately, John McCain’s lie became mine.

Over time, that lie has become heavier as I have been abused by the family of the man I worked for as a volunteer.  The burden of carrying this lie – while being attacked for 14 consecutive years by the bully Megan McCain – has finally reached its end for me.

This lie is Senator John McCain’s lie. It is his family’s burden to carry, not mine.

Let us start at the beginning: Senator John McCain turned a blind eye to the dealings of his top adviser, Rick Davis, who was making millions of dollars with his partner, Paul Manafort. Manafort was advancing the interests of the Russian Federation in Ukraine and across Eastern Europe. They worked for the Putin puppet Victor Yanukovych and Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska. They advanced Russian interests from the Maidan to Montenegro. John McCain spent his 70th birthday with Oleg Deripaska and Rick Davis on a Russian yacht at anchor in Montenegro. 

Why would Senator McCain tolerate such behavior?

The answer can be found in this New York Times article from February 21, 2008, written by Jim Rutenberg, Marilyn W. Thompson, David D. Kirkpatrick and Stephen Labaton. I had the opportunity to privately apologize to Jim Rutenberg several years ago. Before continuing, I would like to apologize to the journalists whose bylines appear on the story. Their credibility, integrity and professionalism were unfairly attacked by the McCain campaign of which I was a part of.  I got it wrong. These journalists, like many others, were also victims of this lie. Today, I would like to publicly apologize to all of the journalists: Jim Rutenberg, Marilyn W. Thompson, David D. Kirkpatrick and Stephen Labaton.  I am sorry.

Immediately following the story’s publication, John and Cindy McCain both lied to the American people at a news conference that I prepared them for on that same day.

Both denied the story to me personally, as did the lobbyist at the center of the story. They also lied to the American people.

You see, when I was 36 years old, I did not understand the difference between integrity and loyalty. Before I met John McCain, I would have answered that they were indistinguishable from one another. John McCain taught me a hard lesson about the differences between the two.

When Senator John McCain called and asked for my help as his front-running presidential campaign was on a path to failure, I agreed and architected the strategy that resurrected his aspirations for success as a presidential contender. I left my young family behind for months at a time, in service to the cause of John McCain. I did this because of my immense respect for his courage, honor and integrity.

For 14 years I have remained silent because I didn’t want to do anything to compromise John McCain’s honor. He would be unable to say the same about mine.

Senator McCain denied his long relationship with the lobbyist – to whom he was credibly accused of providing special favors – dozens of times to my face. After the New York Times story – which accurately detailed that relationship – was attacked and successfully discredited by the campaign under my direction, John McCain told me the truth backstage at an event in Ohio. Understandably, he was very concerned about this potentially campaign-ending issue. He kept saying, “The campaign is over.” I reassured him that it was behind us.

However, John McCain was convinced it would soon be over. Similar accusations and relationships had ended campaigns in the recent past. In fact, John McCain looked at me and said he did not understand how he could go on with his presidential run by saying, “Boy, I had a long relationship with her.” I was livid, and flew home to California. After he obsessively called for days afterwards, I (foolishly) returned to the campaign trail.

For the next several months, there was not a single night that passed that I did not spend hours on the phone with a broken, distraught and profoundly unstable lobbyist. She screamed at me incoherently for hours every night. I became the shock absorber for her rage, anger and humiliation. I did this to protect John McCain and the campaign.  

During my final call with the lobbyist, as she heard my young kids crying in the background, she told me that she wished that they could die so that I could share the depths of pain she felt when John McCain called her a “good friend” during his news conference denying the relationship. Twenty minutes later, John McCain called me panicked – he insisted that I apologize to her, or else his campaign would be over. I told John to “fuck himself,” and yet again, against my better judgment, I returned to the campaign trail.

By early July 2008, the campaign was in deep trouble. At that time, I was put in charge of everything except the VP search and vetting process, as well as the looming convention. Rick Davis retained authority of those areas.

That same month, in a condo in Aspen, Colorado, I spoke to Cindy McCain privately about the abhorrent and abusive behavior of her daughter, Meghan. She grew teary-eyed, and said, “I raised two good sons.” Both John and Cindy McCain were mortified by her behavior.

After Senator McCain was unable to choose Joe Lieberman under a one-term pledge that I had proposed – due to Lindsey Graham’s lack of restraint and discipline to maintain confidentiality – the campaign was left with two choices: Mitt Romney and Tim Pawlenty. Unfortunately, neither would change the fundamental dynamics of an election that we were losing. That was the context under which I made the call to Rick Davis, suggesting that we consider Sarah Palin. I said that I didn’t know much about her, except that she was the most popular Governor in America – but that we must fully and completely vet her.

Proximate to that time, the lobbyist had called John McCain’s Senate Chief of Staff to say that she’d called him from the front seat of her parked and running automobile in her closed garage. She wanted to pass along the message that she wanted to say goodbye to John McCain, and that she loved him. The Chief of Staff asked me if he had done the right thing by calling 911. I assured him that he had.

For 14 years, I have been accused of being disloyal for speaking out against Sarah Palin by the people who both failed to vet her and who know what had transpired with the lobbyist. I was consumed with trying to figure out what to say and do when the consequences of John McCain’s lying inevitably exploded into public view. Despite these, and so many other attacks on me personally, I remained silent.

While I was dealing with preparing for what we viewed as the certainty of public exposure of this matter, and the unraveling of Senator McCain’s refusal to confront and speak the truth, Rick Davis was vetting and interviewing Sarah Palin.

As has been previously reported, John McCain met with Sarah Palin alone for two hours before Cindy, Mark Salter and I joined him by a stream on their Sedona, AZ, property. Cindy pointed out that picking Sarah Palin would be a big gamble. Mark Salter told Senator McCain that there were “worse things than losing an election; you could lose your reputation.” I told him that it was a big risk, but that in my view, unless we took a risk with her, we would certainly lose the election.  John McCain looked at Cindy, said that he wished she hadn’t described it that way, closed his fist and pretended to shake imaginary dice, before saying, “Fuck it. Let’s do it.”

Earlier that day, Senator McCain had asked me to accompany him to the private meeting with Sarah Palin where he would interview her to be the Vice Presidential nominee.  I said that would be inappropriate.  I told him that this was his first presidential decision.  I told him that he alone had to make an assessment as to whether she was ready to take the Oath of Office on Day 1, and whether she was prepared to be President. He, and he alone, had to make that decision.  

This was the biggest mistake I have ever made. The first opportunity I had to discuss a substantive policy issue with her did not take place until we were leaving the Minneapolis convention.  It took less than three minutes for me to absorb the magnitude of the disaster.  Should this have happened earlier, the selection of her would never have happened. This was a lapse in John’s judgment, not mine.  My mistake was leaving John McCain alone in a room with her.

When the campaign ended, Sarah Palin lashed out at Nicolle Wallace and me.  She and her staff smeared us as disloyal leakers, who had sabotaged her political genius.  As the stories of Sarah Palin’s grift and egregious behavior exploded into public view, I asked John McCain to call her and tell her to stop attacking us and blaming us for her failures.  He wouldn’t. Why? Because he said that if he did, she would attack him.

The bravest man that I had ever met turned out to be terrified of the creature that he had created. His refusal to be honest about his mistake of picking her – and his unwillingness to confront the furies she unleashed – allowed an ember to grow into a conflagration that is foundational to our current catastrophic denial of reality and profound dishonesty of the far right.

I spoke out against Sarah Palin and called her selection a mistake because it was. I spoke out against the Tea Party movement because I knew where it could lead. John McCain asked me to stop, and I refused because I promised myself after the campaign that I would never tell a public lie again. Senator McCain tried to ride the Tea Party tiger in the 2010 election. He promised to build the wall. He said so many other things that he didn’t truly believe because they were politically expedient.

John McCain was deeply upset about my participation in a “60 Minutes” interview previewing publication of the book Game Change. I did everything that I could to make sure the details of John McCain’s personal life were kept out of the book. I did this to protect the reputation of both John McCain and his family. I did the interview because I was being viciously and dishonestly attacked by Sarah Palin, and I was left undefended by John McCain.

I talked to Senator John McCain before he passed. There was no unfinished business between us. The public and premeditated announcement that I was being excluded from his funeral was a malicious and cruel act that said much more about the people who orchestrated it than me.

It was an act that fundamentally repudiated a central pillar of Senator McCain’s life, which was his extraordinary capacity for reconciliation. Whether it was with the Vietnamese, anti-war protestors, or with political enemies, John McCain always found his way to forgiveness.

John McCain exists in the world between myth and man. I knew the man, and I loved him despite his staggering flaws. I have always believed that a great nation needs its myths and heroes. That is why I have been reluctant to respond to the relentless, mean-spirited and unfounded attacks made over the past 14 years by Meghan McCain.

Today, I view loyalty through a prism of duty to my family, country and the truth.

The truth requires that – at long last – I speak out. It is not a story that I relish telling, but I must because my continued silence stipulates the validity of untrue allegations and petty slanders. I owe that to my children. I cannot allow for them to see me be abused and bullied by lies. The truth is the only remedy that I know to make Meghan’s abuse stop.

John McCain was a complicated man. He was an idealist, who could be transactional and deeply cynical. He was a mirror, who exposed the vanities of so many ‘hangers on’ in the media who sought his favor and companionship, as opposed to delivering the scrutiny a powerful politician deserved. 

He was a hero of the Vietnam War who suffered unimaginable privations and brutality and did not breach his honor. He made an affirmative decision to die in captivity rather than come home in disgrace. 

He was a man who believed in reconciliation. He helped re-establish relations between the United States and Vietnam. 

He served in the United States Senate for 31 years. His story is complete now. What I have shared does not diminish the great things he did in the same way those great achievements do not, and did not, shield him from the truth. 

In the end, John McCain’s top political aide made a choice. He made the same choice as Paul Manafort. He wanted to make millions of dollars advancing the strategic interests of Vladimir Putin, Oleg Deripaska and their puppet Victor Yanukovych, while at the same time acting as the top advisor to a US major party nominee, and ultimately a President of the United States. Nothing like this should ever happen again in the United States. 

The story of American corruption in Ukraine is a disgrace, and in part has led to the human disaster in Ukraine. The corruption did not start in the Trump era, but years before. It started in the K Street sewer firms where Roger Stone, Rick Gates, Paul Manafort and Rick Davis thrived.

Why did Senator John McCain choose to ignore this? Because Rick Davis organized the constant chaos of John McCain’s life into something that could resemble a soft coherence to people looking in the window to a constantly destabilized environment. 

That was not in the national security interests of the Government of the United States, nor the American people. 

John McCain was human, and like all of us, including me, he was flawed. He was a legend, but not a myth. Too much of our political conversation mythologizes fantasies that never existed in the first place. Often commentators will say something to the effect of, “if only John McCain was here.” He isn’t, and he won’t be.

I would be remiss if I did not directly address some commentary about what I owe the McCain family. I owe the McCain family nothing. I have never taken anything of value from a McCain. I helped Senator John McCain because I believed. I lost my faith in him a long time ago. I have never lost my faith in America and neither did he. We shared that in common.

The John McCain campaign took almost 15 years of my life. Its impact on my life is indescribable. It is over now. I have made it through.

It is time to look up and out. It is time to look for new leaders. It is time to move on.

• Thank You 10

4 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Steve Schmidt and Meghan McCain got into a nasty fight this past weekend.

I'm trying to take this in bit by bit, because the magnitude of these accusations is mind blowing - literally it's hard to grok!  Thanks for the substack link -- I couldn't quite make sense of what was happening on twitter! 

But here's a different angle on Steve Schmidt. Cheri Jacobus is calling out Steve Schmidt as a Lincoln Project grifter and victim whiner. 

Here's ya go: 

• Thank You 4

• 3 weeks later...

MEGHAN MCCAIN: This isn't time for political stunts and Texans don't need two-bit, washed up politicians like Beto O'Rourke hijacking their horror for his own selfish political interests

There are certain politicians in America who exist in a vacuum on Twitter.

They continually lose elections, have no actual power to speak of in their home state or Washington D.C., and survive off clicks, retweets and attention mongering.

Beto O'Rourke is Exhibit A.

Yesterday, Texas Governor Greg Abbott was holding a news conference in Uvalde, Texas when Beto decided to interrupt the event that included local leaders, law enforcement and representatives of the community-at-large.

As we all are tragically aware, there was a horrific shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde that left 19 children and two adults dead and countless more injured and traumatized.

It is hard to fathom, even after so many shootings in this country, the horror that is the massacre of children.

But despite all that – Beto stood up and approached the stage and told Abbott, 'This is on you. You said this was not predictable. This is totally predictable when you choose not to do anything.'

You can watch the spectacle on YouTube and see the absolute circus scene that Beto caused.

You can also hear officials on stage calling O'Rourke an 'a**hole' and a 'sick son of a bitch.'

Now I believe that Beto, who is running a gubernatorial campaign against Governor Abbott, is entitled to his opinion in the appropriate time and space.

He is not, however, justified in making a news conference about a community, which has just experienced one of the worst school slaughters in our history about him.

This is not a partisan or political moment.

This is not about showboating for the cameras, getting follows on Twitter and shares on Instagram, which was clearly Beto's intention.

This is about the families who lost children and how they will be impacted the rest of their lives.

This is about one of the greatest of American tragedies.

I know there are many people on social media applauding Beto, but remember, as Dave Chapelle once said 'Twitter is not a real place.'

I found the entire stunt to be a cheap political ploy, disrespectful to the victims and their families, the community of Uvalde and completely missing the point of the moment.

People need to grieve, heal and yes, look for solutions.

They don't need two-bit, washed-up politicians creating a circus in their hometown.

This particular species of political animal exists on both sides on the political spectrum and they have become a sort of side show phenomenon of modern politics.

Many times their egos are stroked by the attention and their sense of value is pumped-up, and often they are too obtuse in their thinking to understand that 'Twitter is not a real place.'

Twitter accolades, cable news attention mean next to nothing. What matters are voters, constituents, and local issues.

Outgoing one-term, flame-out Congressman Madison Cawthorn learned this lesson the hard way last week, when he lost his primary race.

Former House Majority leader Eric Cantor learned this before him.

And if Stacey Abrams hasn't realized it yet – because the sycophants in the national media are too afraid to tell her -- she hasn't been elected to anything.

Beto has lost a Senate election, a presidential election and is well on his way to losing his gubernatorial election in Texas.

He was at best a forgettable congressman when he served and at worst a wasted opportunity.

No matter what social media tells you, Beto is not a successful, inspirational, or powerful politician.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

23 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Meghan McCain is the inspiration for the “Oh my gawd Becky” girl at the beginning of “Baby Got Back” and you can’t convince me otherwise. An obnoxious bitch who can’t figure out why nobody likes her despite her wealth, blonde hair, and being the daughter of MY FATHER McCain, she must put others she absolutely knows are smarter and better humans than she down in a pathetic attempt to try to feel better about herself. She clearly never learned that the happiest people are those who try to lift up others, as there is far more joy to stand shoulder to shoulder than to try to balance yourself on someone else’s shoulders. 

• Upvote 3