IGNORED

Meghan McCain: 'I'm not voting with my vagina'

doggie

Of course she's voting with her pocketbook. In America, the rich can buy medical care, opportunity, and justice, so it doesn't matter than her rights will be stripped away, she can always buy them.

If she has an unwanted pregnancy, she can travel to where abortions are legal or pay a private physician to discreetly perform one. If she's getting paid less then a man for doing the same job, she's got a trust fund to make ends meet. She doesn't have to worry about suffering due to gender discrimination because her father has lots of political power...

That's because she is rich. She doesn't have to worry about taking birth control to limit the size of her family because that is the financially responsible thing to do to keep the family off government assistance. She doesn't have to worry about missing work or dropping out of college because the government is forcing you to have a unwanted child.

I know Megan likes to portray herself as the new young more open minded kind of Republican, which has made her a lot of money, but she is a fraud. She is as conservative as they come.

This.

Doesn't she understand that these issues may not pertain to HER directly in her life right now, but they affect a hell of a lot of other people? It's so narcissistic and ignorant to think, "Well this doesn't affect me PERSONALLY, so to hell with it!"

Translation: I'm rich enough to be able to get a safe abortion even if it becomes illegal in the U.S. and I care more about staying rich than making sure poorer women also have control of their reproductive health.

QFT

And to think I actually thought she was kind of cool but now I see she's just as much of a troll as Bristol Palin. And there's no excuse for her to be like that- Ms. Macain was raised with education, culture and the benefits of travel. At least Bristol has the excuse of being raised in a small Alaskan town by a family that doesn't value education at all.

I don't know about Meghan McCain, but my vagina does not detach for storage. I am stuck with it, and the fact that a candidate thinks that they are more qualified than I am to decide what I do with it is not something I just ignore when choosing who to vote for.

I may also add that when my vagina sat down with my pocketbook this year to decide who I was voting for, they agreed quite quickly, which isn't always the case!

I vote with my brain...but if there are issues that affect my vagina, it at least needs to be considered.

I consider reproductive rights, along with things like healthcare for the uninsured, & marriage equality to be things to think about, then I came to the quick conclusion that I would vote for the guy that gives us the best chance at them. I used my brain to decide who to vote for in regard to my vagina!

If your vag can hold a pencil then you've not given birth. :lol:

What if you're really good at Kegels?

Also, every time I've voted, it's been on a computer. I find using a keyboard with my vagina fairly difficult, so I probably won't be voting with my vagina either.

What if you're really good at Kegels?

Also, every time I've voted, it's been on a computer. I find using a keyboard with my vagina fairly difficult, so I probably won't be voting with my vagina either.

Maybe they'll convert it to a touchscreen system...

... and now I have the grossest mental picture of what that voting booth screen might look like. Worse than the Walmart self-check out touchscreens on Black Friday.

Maybe they'll convert it to a touchscreen system...

... and now I have the grossest mental picture of what that voting booth screen might look like. Worse than the Walmart self-check out touchscreens on Black Friday.

So many orchid-shaped slime trails!

Seriously, though, if she were really voting with her pocketbook, she'd realize that covering birth control is a lot less expensive than covering child birth and child care for all of the unplanned pregnancies that ensue without it.

Well Meghan, I just had a talk with my vagina and she is very pissed off about being disenfranchised. You see, when I go to vote they give me an extra ballot for my vagina. Of course, with states becoming more and more insistent on photo IDs, we may be run into some difficulty anyway. My vadge is not fond of being photographed.

Well, a smart voter should prioritize their list concerns during election years. I interpret Meghan McCain's comment as meaning that her priority is the economy and foreign policy, and not abortion and birth control. That's her right and I can respect her priorities even if I disagree with her on reproductive rights. I've seen fundies blasted for saying they are a single-issue voter and only care about the abortion/BC issue. It would be hypocritical of me to now blast someone for NOT putting reproduction high on their list because they are more concerned about other issues.

I'm female and a feminist but I also won't vote based on abortion. I weigh out each candidate's stance on many issues and vote for the person that most likely reflects all of my views. I will never find someone that thinks exactly like me. Plus, my concerns my life changes. As a student, my concerns are different than as a worker, and will change again when I have kids and mortgage, ect. I have always considered myself pro-choice. However, I know that voting based solely on abortion is dumb as there are many things that affect my life, abortion actually far less than other things. Therefore, I think it's prudent for people to look through all the issues that concern them and vote on candidate that supports most of them.

Abortion is not my #1 priority. It certainly is a concern but the big ones for me is the economy and, in my field of work, health care reform. I guess I don't vote with my vagina either. The world is a complex place. Unfortunately, that means my voting habits must also be complicated. I would love to vote for a fiscally moderate, socially liberal candidate, but around here, I take what I can get. Sometimes, that means voting for someone who isn't eye to eye with me on reproductive health and that's sadly how the world is right now.

Translation: I'm rich enough to be able to get a safe abortion even if it becomes illegal in the U.S. and I care more about staying rich than making sure poorer women also have control of their reproductive health.

This is exactly how I read it too. Disgusting. :evil:

I weigh out each candidate's stance on many issues and vote for the person that most likely reflects all of my views. I will never find someone that thinks exactly like me. Plus, my concerns my life changes. As a student, my concerns are different than as a worker, and will change again when I have kids and mortgage, ect. I have always considered myself pro-choice. However, I know that voting based solely on abortion is dumb as there are many things that affect my life, abortion actually far less than other things. Therefore, I think it's prudent for people to look through all the issues that concern them and vote on candidate that supports most of them.

Can’t help but notice that you seem focused entirely on yourself. "My views", "my life changes", "my concerns", "my life".

I'm not a religious person, but I do believe we're all stuck on this mud ball together and we need to consider the greater good, especially when voting. Do you ever stop to consider other people and their needs?

I guess it would be easier to vote with your vagina if you were on your period. You could use the tampon as a pen......and ewwwwww I cant believe I went there.

Well, a smart voter should prioritize their list concerns during election years. I interpret Meghan McCain's comment as meaning that her priority is the economy and foreign policy, and not abortion and birth control. That's her right and I can respect her priorities even if I disagree with her on reproductive rights. I've seen fundies blasted for saying they are a single-issue voter and only care about the abortion/BC issue. It would be hypocritical of me to now blast someone for NOT putting reproduction high on their list because they are more concerned about other issues.

I'm female and a feminist but I also won't vote based on abortion. I weigh out each candidate's stance on many issues and vote for the person that most likely reflects all of my views. I will never find someone that thinks exactly like me. Plus, my concerns my life changes. As a student, my concerns are different than as a worker, and will change again when I have kids and mortgage, ect. I have always considered myself pro-choice. However, I know that voting based solely on abortion is dumb as there are many things that affect my life, abortion actually far less than other things. Therefore, I think it's prudent for people to look through all the issues that concern them and vote on candidate that supports most of them.

Abortion is not my #1 priority. It certainly is a concern but the big ones for me is the economy and, in my field of work, health care reform. I guess I don't vote with my vagina either. The world is a complex place. Unfortunately, that means my voting habits must also be complicated. I would love to vote for a fiscally moderate, socially liberal candidate, but around here, I take what I can get. Sometimes, that means voting for someone who isn't eye to eye with me on reproductive health and that's sadly how the world is right now.

There are a few problems with this interpretation of her statement. The first of which is that abortion isn't a "single-issue" reason to vote for a particular candidate/party. Women's control over their own health and reproductive rights is directly related to women's status in their society. Ability to control their own fertility also affects women's emotional, physical, and financial health, which affects the greater society as a whole.

Secondly, your interpretation just isn't correct. Meghan McCain isn't denouncing single-issue voting (she even admitted that she will be single-issue voting (well, double-issue voting since she mentions both the economy and security)), she's implying that if you vote Democrat due to their stance on abortion and BC rights, you're doing it for frivolous reasons (because you have a vagina) and that having a vagina is the only reason that someone would vote liberally due to the abortion/BC issue. Both of which are untrue.

I may also add that when my vagina sat down with my pocketbook this year to decide who I was voting for, they agreed quite quickly, which isn't always the case!

Omg that is the best

Well my vagina has been reading up on the new voter ID law in our state and just in case the court doesn't shoot the law down she

has already gotten her ID:

vagiID.jpg

Megan McCain's privilege of wealth is showing.......She doesn't even realize her privilege but it's fairly outstanding.

Probably second only to Mitt Romney's.

Woman's issues are human issues.

I guess it would be easier to vote with your vagina if you were on your period. You could use the tampon as a pen......and ewwwwww I cant believe I went there.

It would be like those Bingo markers. They'd have to make the squares really big.

As a pro-life Republican voter she's not voting with her vagina? More like she's saying the government knows what's best for her body better than she does so she's letting them shove any legislation they want up her vagina.

I never understand people who vote against their own self-interest. Sometimes their privilege really is showing.