IGNORED

Sister Wives

Alecto

It would also make sense when Robin talked about not being able to get excited or prepare for her other kids like she did Solomon. And why the kids don't seem to ever see their dad.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I'm on the Sister Wives Blog because it is a pretty good blog for all things Brown family and the show and someone always pops up on how great the Duggars are compared to the Browns. They're like, "the Duggar kids seem like they're much happier than the Brown kids" or "at least Michelle keeps a clean home." So then of course myself and a few others pipe up that "Hey, the Duggar kids seem happier because they pretty much have to" and "Michelle's house is so clean because she has adult daughters to do the job for her," and always you get - "Can we not talk about the Duggars on this board any more this is about the Browns, but the Duggars are way better." Like really, they start it with their "Go Duggars!" They're oh so critical and can see how TLC exploits these strange families like the Browns but yet the Duggars are TLC royalty and they're okay. Seriously, the Browns have their issues, but their kids are free to be expressive and really plain free to go their own way in life compared to the restrictiveness of the Duggars. I'm just sulking. It's no fun to be a part of a blog where if you have a dissenting viewpoint they shut you down. I love Freejinger by the way!

I just watched the Logan episode, and it just hit me.... Did I read somewhere that Robun is a Jessup? Because, if her hair was piled on her head in a buffant up-do, makeupless, wearing a gingham frumper and carrying a child with a frown on her face, she's a dead ringer for MANY those compound women you see in news stories. It never hit me how many of the compound pligs look so much alike, sharing the five-head and severe jaw. Kind of gave me the creeps, there's got to be some serious in-breeding going on.

I think it's Robin's ex who is the Jessop.

"I predict he will court and eventually marry (ala Dargers) Robun's sister, who appears to be living with her now."

This makes sense. The sister is supposedly there to help poor Robyn with her kids (Janelle and Christine, who have more kids, apparently don't need or deserve help (then again, they can both also tie their own shoes) but the more I think about it the more it makes sense that she is there to test out her integration into the "family," which at this point is a term I use loosely. I think Robyn only married into this group because she needed a meal ticket and one or more people to take care of her kids, as she seems pretty much incapable of doing anything remotely useful. It would make sense that she would want her sister on board.

Maybe the sister's presence is more for her sake than Robin's? I mean, it's not uncommon right now for young adults to have to move in with family members. Telling the television audience she's there "to help out" explains her presence without divulging her economic situation. Maybe she's not living there because Robin requires more help; maybe she helps out because she is living there.

I hadn't been watching because I hate the Kody/Meri/Robyn trifecta oh so much, but I caught parts of the finale.

First, the GLARING misogyny and inequality makes me want Janelle and Christine to bolt with their kids and live communally and happily together. Unfortunately, they seem so convinced that salvation is dependant on polygamy, I don't think any amount of maltreatment will override that.

Second, the Kody haircut scene was hysterically awful. How that stylist restrained herself from hacking off that brittle mass of hideousness is beyond me. I don't think I could see a hairdresser who allowed that monstronsity to exist.

Someone (darcy123) posted over on TWoP that Meri and Kody's deed was finally filed for their house. They didn't cite a source, but supposedly the final breakdown:

Meri & Kody: $447,017

Robyn: $445,039

Janelle: $443,700

Christine: $443,315

-------------------------

TOTAL: $1,779,071

That would be just so twisted... especially considering the dire financial straits this family is in. Adding more wives and children to the mix would be unbelievable. I wonder if another hot young wife would drive Janelle and/or Christine away.. It doesn't look like Cody is knocking up either of them so I wonder if they even get nights with hubby anymore.

Surprisingly (and very unusually for fundamentalist Mormons), they use contraception. Janelle has talked about making a choice to not have any more children, and Christine chose to have a larger age gap between her older kids and Truely than she did between previous pregnancies. She has also spoken about probably not having any more kids but not being 100% sure yet.

It was confirmed this week that they have been picked up for a fourth season.

I thought Christine said on the Reunion show that she was done having kids.

Someone (darcy123) posted over on TWoP that Meri and Kody's deed was finally filed for their house. They didn't cite a source, but supposedly the final breakdown:

Hhhuummmm, of course Meri spent the most money. :roll:

So, I'm on the Sister Wives Blog because it is a pretty good blog for all things Brown family and the show and someone always pops up on how great the Duggars are compared to the Browns. They're like, "the Duggar kids seem like they're much happier than the Brown kids" or "at least Michelle keeps a clean home." So then of course myself and a few others pipe up that "Hey, the Duggar kids seem happier because they pretty much have to" and "Michelle's house is so clean because she has adult daughters to do the job for her," and always you get - "Can we not talk about the Duggars on this board any more this is about the Browns, but the Duggars are way better." Like really, they start it with their "Go Duggars!" They're oh so critical and can see how TLC exploits these strange families like the Browns but yet the Duggars are TLC royalty and they're okay. Seriously, the Browns have their issues, but their kids are free to be expressive and really plain free to go their own way in life compared to the restrictiveness of the Duggars. I'm just sulking. It's no fun to be a part of a blog where if you have a dissenting viewpoint they shut you down. I love Freejinger by the way!

If we had a Duggar vs. Brown smackdown, I would be (reluctantly) Team Brown. The Browns are anything but robotic (except for the on-demand crying), and the Duggars express real emotions so rarely (when someone dies) that they could be the poster children for how to be good cult fundies. There are things I don't like about the Browns (like Meri's abuse of Janelle), but these things are more about them as people instead of them as a cult.

If we had a Duggar vs. Brown smackdown, I would be (reluctantly) Team Brown. The Browns are anything but robotic (except for the on-demand crying), and the Duggars express real emotions so rarely (when someone dies) that they could be the poster children for how to be good cult fundies. There are things I don't like about the Browns (like Meri's abuse of Janelle), but these things are more about them as people instead of them as a cult.

Unlike the Duggars who have been using Jackson and Hannie to carry their show for the past couple of years, the Browns also seem to be at least somewhat careful about exploiting the younger children for the sake of the show. Yes, the older teenagers are featured regularly, but if their overall honesty is any indication, they seem to be participating of their own free will. And if one or two of them really didn't want to talk, I have the sense their mother(s) wouldn't force them to. Aside from Solomon and Truly (ugh, it hurts even to type that name) who were born during the show's run, I have no idea who the kids younger than Hunter even are. They just seem to be a gaggle of background players. I'm sure plenty of stuff has happened to them over the past three seasons, but the details of their individual lives are either not filmed or the footage lands on the cutting room floor.

The Brown family is a hot mess, but the show actually seems to be one of the more “real†reality programs on TLC. Of course, with a douche like Kody and those four wives at each other’s throats, scripting is probably not required.

I'd be 100% Team Brown. The adults have chosen and publicly defended a lifestyle that clearly makes all of them (except maybe Kody) EXTREMELY unhappy, but there's nothing I can do about the denial of a group of adults. But the Brown kids? The Brown kids are all educated, have friends outside of their religion, know and appreciate popular culture, think for themselves and have no problem expressing it. How such a dysfunctional group of adults raised such great kids (even ones that tend to annoy the fuck out of me like Mariah are clearly 1000 times more independent and equipped for the real world than even the most liberal fundies we snark on here) is anyone's guess. But the only Duggar child off the compound's self description on twitter is "Christian. Husband. Father. Son. Brother. Leader. Businessman. Activist. Conservative. American. Blessed." while his lazy ass eats chick-fil-a offers uniformed opinions on politics every day. He is an emotionally stunted fuckwit who clearly thinks highly of himself. The only Brown kid out of his house (and that will likely change next year when his sisters turn 18 and go to college describes himself on twitter thusly "I'm an 185 lb, semi-buff, brown haired, white boy. Love workin out, hangin out and gettin out. Going to UNLV & live on campus." Not the pinnacle of maturity by any means, but a normal 18 year old college freshman who clearly doesn't parrot his parents religious beliefs every chance he gets.

Yes, the older teenagers are featured regularly, but if their overall honesty is any indication, they seem to be participating of their own free will. And if one or two of them really didn't want to talk, I have the sense their mother(s) wouldn't force them to.

Honestly, I was shocked when I learned Mykelti is older than Hunter, because in the second seasons all their older kid talks would feature Logan, Aspyn, Mariah, Maddie, and Hunter, but not Mykelti, who clearly fit into that age group. Which leads me to believe she didn't want to participate and was allowed to opt out.

Unlike the Duggars who have been using Jackson and Hannie to carry their show for the past couple of years, the Browns also seem to be at least somewhat careful about exploiting the younger children for the sake of the show. Yes, the older teenagers are featured regularly, but if their overall honesty is any indication, they seem to be participating of their own free will. And if one or two of them really didn't want to talk, I have the sense their mother(s) wouldn't force them to. Aside from Solomon and Truly (ugh, it hurts even to type that name) who were born during the show's run, I have no idea who the kids younger than Hunter even are. They just seem to be a gaggle of background players. I'm sure plenty of stuff has happened to them over the past three seasons, but the details of their individual lives are either not filmed or the footage lands on the cutting room floor.

The Brown family is a hot mess, but the show actually seems to be one of the more “real†reality programs on TLC. Of course, with a douche like Kody and those four wives at each other’s throats, scripting is probably not required.

I admit that I like the name (I wouldn't name a kid that, but I do like it) because the lead female character in "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" is named Truly Scrumptious. Next animal that comes to live in my house is being named that! LOL

Christine seems to love naming her children with weird spellings:

Aspyn

Mykelti

Paedon

Gwendlyn

Ysabel

Truly

In a recent episode Kody said that he wasn't worried about having another baby with Meri because he'd have more babies anyways. But I think Meri, Christine, and Janelle are all done having babies. So is he expecting to have 10 more with 'young' Robyn?

I just looked at their ages: Meri (41), Janelle (43), Christine (39), and Robyn (35). That doesn't leave much time left for baby making years...

Christine seems to love naming her children with weird spellings:

Aspyn

Mykelti

Paedon

Gwendlyn

Ysabel

Truly

In a recent episode Kody said that he wasn't worried about having another baby with Meri because he'd have more babies anyways. But I think Meri, Christine, and Janelle are all done having babies. So is he expecting to have 10 more with 'young' Robyn?

I just looked at their ages: Meri (41), Janelle (43), Christine (39), and Robyn (35). That doesn't leave much time left for baby making years...

i've noticed in various books/histories of the FLDS and polygamist groups generally that a lot of members have "unusual" names or spellings. i think even the girl who ran away from the kingston group had a strange name. i wonder if this is an actual trend or if i am just reading too much into things

In a smack down with the Brown kids vs. the Duggar kids, I'm 100% team Brown. Any Kodette could take Michelle on too and have my support.

The only even match in all of this is Kody vs. Jim Bob. They are evenly matched douche bags in my book.

I don't think the Kodettes are anything to write home about in terms of strong women, but the 4 of them together run all over Kody. His balls get passed around his wives' pockets.

The kids on the other hand, are NORMAL. Psychologist husband comments all the time that these kids are remarkably normal. For all that he's not around much, the responses of the younger kids towards Kody says that they have a well bonded relationship. There is an episode right after they moved to Vegas where Christine is holding Truly and her little legs are just kicking with excitement when Kody walks in, and she reaches out to him. That's a positive in my book.

The older kids have typical teen attitudes. They don't buy into their parents crazy schemes, but they love their parents. They've been allowed to develop into their own selves, and not been pushed to "keep sweet". No squashed personalities in this family. Hannie will be a Duggar robot in a few years, just like big sister Joy Anna, who seems to have lost her spark.

I hope Logan had a great first semester at UNLV, and I hope that quilt is under the bed, LOL

i've noticed in various books/histories of the FLDS and polygamist groups generally that a lot of members have "unusual" names or spellings. i think even the girl who ran away from the kingston group had a strange name. i wonder if this is an actual trend or if i am just reading too much into things

http://wesclark.com/ubn/ It's a Utah Mormon thing.

I hope Logan had a great first semester at UNLV, and I hope that quilt is under the bed, LOL

I actually think the quilt was a nice gesture. It was just ugly and shouldn't have had all the purity guilt on it. But giving Logan a quilt with pictures and signatures of all of his family members was actually a really sweet idea.

Also, as much as Kody is a total douchebag, I'd taken him over Jim Bob. Because unlike Jim Bob, he realizes that his children are people and they're gonna do what they're gonna do. Like, with the whole Logan virginity thing, he was kind of like "I don't know if I'd rather be ignorant about what's going on or know that he's doing things I'd don't approve of" which kind of implies that he's acknowledged that there's a good chance that Logan (or one of his children) is gonna have premarital sex.

Kody wouldn't disown his kids for being monogamous, for being mainstream Mormons, for being non-Mormon Christians, for being non-Christians, or even for being atheists. He might express his disapproval in a douchy way, but he would still love his child. He wouldn't disown a kid for being gay. He went to a bar to chill with his monogamous non-Mormon brother even though he doesn't drink.

Jim Bob Duggar (if others in his cult are any indication) would shun his children for being slightly less conservative Christians much less if they had a child out of wedlock or were gay or were atheists. He'd join his wife in protesting a store a couple miles from his house having a liquor license while his child was sick in the hospital if given the chance.

Don't get me wrong, I think Kody Brown is a slimy mega-douche. But I still think he's a better father and a better person than Jim Bob Duggar. Even if they are both equally vain about their ugly-ass hair.

In a smack down with the Brown kids vs. the Duggar kids, I'm 100% team Brown. Any Kodette could take Michelle on too and have my support.

The only even match in all of this is Kody vs. Jim Bob. They are evenly matched douche bags in my book.

I don't think the Kodettes are anything to write home about in terms of strong women, but the 4 of them together run all over Kody. His balls get passed around his wives' pockets.

The kids on the other hand, are NORMAL. Psychologist husband comments all the time that these kids are remarkably normal. For all that he's not around much, the responses of the younger kids towards Kody says that they have a well bonded relationship. There is an episode right after they moved to Vegas where Christine is holding Truly and her little legs are just kicking with excitement when Kody walks in, and she reaches out to him. That's a positive in my book.

The older kids have typical teen attitudes. They don't buy into their parents crazy schemes, but they love their parents. They've been allowed to develop into their own selves, and not been pushed to "keep sweet". No squashed personalities in this family. Hannie will be a Duggar robot in a few years, just like big sister Joy Anna, who seems to have lost her spark.

While Jim Bob came across as being the more loving and devoted husband initially, he loses in my books for intentionally having unprotected sex with Michelle even though he knew another pregnancy could cause severe harm up to and including death. Doing something that can cause the death of your wife and the mother of your children is not cool in my books.

I admit that I like the name (I wouldn't name a kid that, but I do like it) because the lead female character in "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" is named Truly Scrumptious. Next animal that comes to live in my house is being named that! LOL

When I read that by JenniferJuniper that movie popped into mind. With how naive Christine seems to be, I wouldn't be surprised if she got the name from the movie. In fact, she probably picked it so she could sing "Truly Scrumptious" to her. It seems so Christine to me.

When I read that by JenniferJuniper that movie popped into mind. With how naive Christine seems to be, I wouldn't be surprised if she got the name from the movie. In fact, she probably picked it so she could sing "Truly Scrumptious" to her. It seems so Christine to me.

Didn't she spell it "Truely" though?

As far as hair products go...who spends more? Jim Bob, Kody, or Erin Bates?

If we factor in hair cuts, I say Kody.

I thought that Christine got the stone for the exterior (up yours Meri) and maxed out her budget? How did her house cost less than poor frugal Janelle's when J didn't even get a patio and was doubling up her kids in bedrooms? That doesn't make sense to me.

Archived