IGNORED

Big Bang Theory

InkyGirl

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, they both seemed rather sad now that you mentioned it. Certainly I could see it in Bob's storyline. On the other hand, I felt he did pretty admirably without showing his age. Still a Deadpan Snarker for sure.

He did a guest spot on NCIS in 2011 (season 8); it was played for drama more than laughs (although there were a few lighter moments, with Abby), and it was very moving. I miss the old Newhart show, time to see if it's on any satellite channels these days. Can't believe he's never won an Emmy.

Not sure what to make of the Love Potion episode, first run this week. I like the actress who plays Raj's love interest but I don't like her TBBT character. It feels as though the writers ran out of good ideas when it came to this part of the story.

Simon Helberg sure has his impressions down pat - I was with Sheldon in gleeful anticipation of the next one, and the next!

The Sheldon-Amy non-consummating consummation was clever but .... oh, I dunno, I'm gonna resist the temptation to talk about whether or not it was fulfilling, hardy-har-har. Overall, I still enjoy the show a lot and look forward to the new episodes, but I think it's running its course. AFter 7 or 8 incredibly creative and unexpectedly good seasons, that's not unexpected nor a great disappointment.

I just hope the showrunners keep it from devolving too much in its next two (last two?) seasons. I'd hate for it to go out, not on top, but already I feel like it's pretty close to having passed its peak.

I honestly really like Raj/Lucy, MamaJunebug, maybe because I see a lot of myself in her. And yeah, Simon Helberg gets MVP this episode. The next few seasons should be interesting, and I think they can keep them at least funny if not top-of-the-game funny.

Here's the recap: http://blog.freejinger.org/worldly-dist ... potential/

I'm a huge BBT fan. Terribly behind on the episodes because no TV. Amy Farrah Fowler is my favourite character. I'm really nerdy and her awkwardness is like mine on steroids.

I LOVE TBBT! I've loved Johnny Galecki since his Roseanne days but damn, is he fine as Leonard. Wish I could get a guy like that.

Leonard needs to dump Penny, he's too good for her. Sheldon needs to grow up a bit and realize Amy is a woman who desires a real relationship, and Raj needs a good story line for once. I feel like he gets the short end of the stick. If Howard can find someone, surely Raj can too.

Flyawaystray, I think you'll like tonight's episode, especially re Raj. Poor underwritten bastard.

Simon Helberg sure has his impressions down pat - I was with Sheldon in gleeful anticipation of the next one, and the next!

Okay, other than Nic Cage, who was Howard doing impressions of?? Apparently I'm not good at Name That Voice. :(

I saw the finale. Poor Raj. Lucy seems like a cute character but wouldn't have Raj figured out that she's so nervous around other people? He was being a little pushy in the finale and maybe that's why Lucy sorta snapped. Personally, I don't think there are enough women on the show (major character wise). There's Bernadette, Penny and Amy, but Penny isn't very smart and Amy is, but they dress her like a grandma. I want to see a very smart, female main character who can dress herself. At least Bernadette somewhat fits the bill.

Okay, other than Nic Cage, who was Howard doing impressions of?? Apparently I'm not good at Name That Voice. :(

Al Pacino was the second and Christopher Walken was the dragon. That's all I can remember.

He's very good at impressions. He also mimics Raj's voice, his mother's voice, and does a few other impressions throughout the show. Stephen Hawking comes to mind.

Even though I didn't get a good laugh out of it til about halfwsy thru, I LOVED the season finale!

In no order: Penny and Leonard seem to really enjoy each other. It's partly the writing and IMHO partly the history between Jonny & Kaley - they vowed to keep it professional if their IRL affair at the beginning g if the series ended, and I'd say they have, and that their evident fondness for each other certainly shows.

Perfect resolution to Lucy. The character served her purpose, now Raj can learn how to approach a healthier woman as a healthier man. I do like the actress who played Lucy but like Kunal Nayyar she was underwritten for the actors skills.

Penny said I love you to Lenard and the audience/laugh track didn't go "Awwwwww!"

Mayim Bialik. If I ever try for a community theater part, I'm gonna practice for my audition with her in mind. That gal hits Every Note Just Right.

There may be more but typing on an iPhone is gettin' to me. Looking forward to the next season!!!

I was disappointed by it, to be honest. I was expecting Leonard to say no and to propose with Penny accepting, but I guess it wouldn't make sense given Penny has a fear of commitment.

I want Lucy to come back. Maybe Raj can show her that she can help lessen her anxiety.

I miss Stuart, he hasn't been around much.

I was disappointed by it, to be honest. I was expecting Leonard to say no and to propose with Penny accepting, but I guess it wouldn't make sense given Penny has a fear of commitment.

I want Lucy to come back. Maybe Raj can show her that she can help lessen her anxiety.

I miss Stuart, he hasn't been around much.

Ditto - I want to see a continued Lucy and Raj storyline

I'm okay with Lucy and Raj ending the way they did, but wouldn't mind seeing her come back either - as long as Raj finally gets a decent story, it's all good.

I want to know he can all of a sudden talk to women without booze. It seems very...out of blue.

I think the actor just wanted more screentime and it would be hard if he couldn't speak.

Lucy is adorable. I love her act with Garfunkel and Oates.

True. It might open Raj up to other storylines in future episodes.

Honestly, Raj doesn't seem so bad. I would give him a shot if he were a real person. Now Howard on the other hand, I would never give him the time of day.

I haven't had a chance to watch the season finale yet. I was glad they finally found Raj a woman. I do remember some people freaking out at the start of this last season thinking they were going to have Raj get involved with the comic book store guy. I had to roll my eyes at that notion. After all it would be out of his character to have a gay relationship and it has been established he is a metrosexual and not gay. Not that there is anything wrong with being gay or if one of the characters was gay.

I'd be fine with Raj coming out as gay or bi if they laid the groundwork properly, but so far they haven't really done so and it would be totally out of left field. And it's nice to have an officially straight metrosexual guy, too!

The D&D sex with Shamy was hilarious.

Raj just hasn't gotten the best storylines yet. He's always been my least favorite character.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought the D&D sex plot was hilarious. Also, I kinda miss Stuart.

Is Stuart gone from the show?

• 3 months later...

Archived