IGNORED

Big Bang Theory

InkyGirl

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did yall think? It wasn't the best nor the worst. Upside: growth for all characters save Raj & Berny. Funniest line by Howard but I won't spoil it.

I dunno, for someone who is as rigid as Sheldon, things like that really can seem like a huge compromise. Certainly I've known people a lot like him, who just can't grasp that it's a problem to others. It certainly seems in character for him.

So today I had an endoscopy. As I lay in recovery I hear a familiar tune...and then realize that the male nurse putting my discharge stuff together was singing "Soft Kitty". :lol: Made my whole morning (I was stoned, I was easily amused, so shoot me...)

It's about time that Sheldon realized how terrible his friends are! I've said it before, and I'll say it again - the show would have to end if Sheldon ever got a proper diagnosis of autism, because then they would accommodate him without making all the subtle and not-so-subtle digs and jabs at him while they resentfully accommodate him. (Sheldon would also, of course, need to get therapy to realize his place in the universe in relation to other people.) Also not surprised that he enjoyed the basket weaving. Museums are quiet places full of information - what's not to like?

I don't think Sheldons friends are horrible people, but I do wish Sheldon will get a diagnosis and therapy at some point. They could make it part of the plotline in a way that's funny but not demeaning to people with disabilities.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My mom and I sing along to Soft Kitty. When she was in ICU (brain surgery!!!!), I insisted on singing it to her. I couldn't do anything to help her, couldn't touch her, and wanted to do something.

On a lighter note, I had a baby nephew and rewrote Soft Kitty for him. Again, I didn't know what else to do with him - was already walking him around, and you can repeat it past ad nauseum.

I never thought that a silly (and sometimes stupid - and the focus on white characters and the casting of models for female characters, while the males can look normal and ... anyway...) show would mean so much, but I can make myself cry just thinking about it.

How silly.

*sniff*

They dealt with her death in the show. My mate didn't know she had died IRL and was surprised when I told him.

I think they handled it in a really touching way.

When Howard was talking on the phone with Mrs. Wolowitz and he said she was in Florida, I thought they were going to say that she was moving to Florida and then we'd never hear from her again, except through Howard when he would talk to her on the phone. I was really sad they decided to go the route they did. (I can't even type it out!! :cry: )

This week, a family dinner is the site of great clashes:

http://blog.freejinger.org/worldly-dist ... QJwl47F_WQ

I finally read the blog post about this one, and it finally occurred to me - if the power was out, how did they manage to re-heat all that food? Or did the power come back on, and I've forgotten that part? Overall, I liked it, but not much progress happened. I really wish they'd stop writing Penny as dumber-than-dirt and sometimes-borderline-alcoholic.

I finally read the blog post about this one, and it finally occurred to me - if the power was out, how did they manage to re-heat all that food? Or did the power come back on, and I've forgotten that part? Overall, I liked it, but not much progress happened. I really wish they'd stop writing Penny as dumber-than-dirt and sometimes-borderline-alcoholic.

It was a gas stove.

I love the Big Bang theory!

This past episode really showed how the characters have grown over the series.

Come on, there must be some fellow nerd lovers out there!!

The show reminds me of my brothers group of friends, the gaming, the fandom, the super heros, the only difference is my brother's friends were philosophy/religion nerds.

Long live Sheldonopolis!

My favorite TV show, My husband and My Daughter say that I am the female embodiment of Sheldon Cooper. I love the show because it reminds Me of the good ol days playing D and D and I pretty much grew up like Sheldon, and have the very same issues of other people not appreciating My excellence. :mouse-shock:

My favorite TV show, My husband and My Daughter say that I am the female embodiment of Sheldon Cooper. I love the show because it reminds Me of the good ol days playing D and D and I pretty much grew up like Sheldon, and have the very same issues of other people not appreciating My excellence. :mouse-shock:

Everyone in my family says i'm Bernadette because I'm short and feisty

• 2 weeks later...

Archived