IGNORED

Big Bang Theory

InkyGirl

Come on, there must be some fellow nerd lovers out there!!

The show reminds me of my brothers group of friends, the gaming, the fandom, the super heros, the only difference is my brother's friends were philosophy/religion nerds.

Long live Sheldonopolis!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this show, too. I became hooked when it was on Rogers on Demand last summer. I watched several episodes, then borrowed all the series' dvds from my neighbours. Very funny - and I knew several of these guys (well, not quite) at university!

I LOVE Sheldon!!!!!! He's my favourite. He says the things I think and refrain from saying because I understand social cues and would sound like an ass if I did. :) I don't really get the star-trek stuff or other comic book stuff but I relate to being obsessive about orderliness and some of the other sciencey stuff. I also enjoy when he makes fun of Penny.

I went through a period of dating where I dated physicists. Love this show. Love Sheldon. But I would never ever have sex with a man who wore a dickey. just NO.

My stepbrother works on this show. They start shooting again in 2 weeks. He's worked on a bunch of shows and says this one is one of the best prepared and well done.

I love this show! I'm a super science nerd, my husband is a gamer, and my brother-in-law lives at the comic book store. This show is a family favorite.

Oh, and Sheldon rules!

Side Note: The comic book shop that my brother-in-law frequents actually has its own Captain Sweatpants. No joke.

I LOVE the Big Bang Theory! I'm not in the sciences, but I do love me some nerds. :) (Although my husband tells me they are more properly referred to as Geeks.)

I think Leonard is my favorite, but Howard is a close second, except for the screaming mother and the dickies. But I also love Bernadette, and Amy Farrah Fowler.

Come on, there must be some fellow nerd lovers out there!!

The show reminds me of my brothers group of friends, the gaming, the fandom, the super heros, the only difference is my brother's friends were philosophy/religion nerds.

Long live Sheldonopolis!

I am 62 and I love, love this show it is hilarious! It broadcasts daily in our country and I tivo it when I don't have the opportunity to watch.

I LOVE the Big Bang Theory! I'm not in the sciences, but I do love me some nerds. :) (Although my husband tells me they are more properly referred to as Geeks.)

I think Leonard is my favorite, but Howard is a close second, except for the screaming mother and the dickies. But I also love Bernadette, and Amy Farrah Fowler.

While I have mixed feelings about the BBT (I love Sheldon and Raj, but I don't care much for the show itself because I don't think it is very funny or clever, but that's just my personal opinion) I have to respond to the nerd/geek terminology debate with this: http://xkcd.com/747/

Another fan of BBT here. Love all of the guys really, for different reasons.

"We are like an inclined plane wrapped helically (ok, can't spell that!) around a central axis - Screwed." :lol:

Yay! Some other BBT fans :) I adore this show. I don't get the comic book references but I do get the Star Trek ones.

I love this clip of Jim Parsons winning the Golden Globe:

• 3 weeks later...

I love Big Bang Theory. I admit that Sheldon makes me want to punch him quite often, :oops: but it makes me laugh so much sometimes, and I love all the characters.

I also like the way it breaks down science-y concepts....I'm not very good at understanding science normally!

Loooooove BBT. My son is on the ASD spectrum, and we watch it together so that he can see other people with ASD. Not to say that Sheldon specifically has it, but I think it's cool that my son realizes he's not the only person in the world with PDD! We check out Dwight on The Office for the same reason. Can't wait for the new season!

Loooooove BBT. My son is on the ASD spectrum, and we watch it together so that he can see other people with ASD. Not to say that Sheldon specifically has it, but I think it's cool that my son realizes he's not the only person in the world with PDD! We check out Dwight on The Office for the same reason. Can't wait for the new season!

There is also a character on Community.

What's PPD?

I actually happened upon this show by accident one night and have been hooked ever since. The characters remind me so much of my husband--my rocket scientist. Mr. Mensa. We watch together and laugh and I imagine him being just like this when he was in college. Love the show almost as much as Mad Men!

I really really love it. I am also a Star Wars and Star Trek fan so I get most of the jokes, but I am out when it comes to the whole comic stuff :(

I have to admit that I once started to watch it in english, but I didn't get it and so now I watch it in german.. but I should give the original version a second chance.

There is also a character on Community.

What's PPD?

Didn't know about Community - it's on Netflix, I will check it out - thank you. PDD is short for PDD-NOS (pervasive developmental disorder - not otherwise specified), which basically means the individual is somewhere on the spectrum, but doesn't specifically fall into, say, Asperger's or Autistic Disorder etc. My son isn't Aspie enough to be considered to have Asperger's, but he's at that high functioning end of the spectrum. So, he has PDD-NOS instead of Asperger's. *sings Lady Gaga's "Born this way"*

• 1 year later...

Loved the show since day one!! Penny oh yeah! the show is smart and very well written and doesn't talk down to the audience.

Also i hope Raj and the weird new spastic girl develop a story line.....and oddly enough i get most of the terminology and lingo (What the hell is wrong with me??) :r2d2: :geek:

This week's Big Bang Theory recap - http://blog.freejinger.org/worldly-dist ... urbulence/

How many times can I say "Thank you!" and not sound like a goober-nerd??? I came VERY late to an appreciation of TBBT, but at this point probably have watched about 80% of the episodes.

Loved the recap, since I haven't seen the epi yet, and knowing that Wolowitz is coitusing with them. About time the despised non-PhD got his evens! :lol: :lol:

It amazes that the show has been on for this many seasons and still is funny and fresh. Granted, I'm not up-to-date on the current season (over at TWoP they were talking about Sheldon and Penny 'shipping? Naaaah, stupidity!) but it's gonna remain strong, clever and inventive, right? Right!

That clip of Parsons winning the GG never gets old. What a pro, what a gent, what a performer! Can honestly say that I would happily travel to L.A. to be able to watch the tapings, and that's from a bug who likes travel even less than sitting still. Would absolutely love to watch the all the actors (SAG and other crafts) interacting and making it happen.

Parsons' acting ability lays me out, every time. So complete, so well thought out, so incredibly well delivered. To be able to watch him at work, in person, -- oh! What a treat that'd be.

Should mention that my TSU is an engineer-type and one of the junior junebugs is a math wizard, if not exactly a genius. Possibly half of my enjoyment of the show is in how right they've got so many things about people like the characters!

My stepbrother works on this show. They start shooting again in 2 weeks. He's worked on a bunch of shows and says this one is one of the best prepared and well done.

Any time you want to share some stories from step-bro, I'm here with listening-ears on!!! :P

How many times can I say "Thank you!" and not sound like a goober-nerd??? I came VERY late to an appreciation of TBBT, but at this point probably have watched about 80% of the episodes.

Loved the recap, since I haven't seen the epi yet, and knowing that Wolowitz is coitusing with them. About time the despised non-PhD got his evens! :lol: :lol:

It amazes that the show has been on for this many seasons and still is funny and fresh. Granted, I'm not up-to-date on the current season (over at TWoP they were talking about Sheldon and Penny 'shipping? Naaaah, stupidity!) but it's gonna remain strong, clever and inventive, right? Right!

Aw, thanks :) I love doing these recaps. Coitusing has now replaced the other word in my vocabulary, so thanks for the vocab add. Coitus. Coitus. Heh heh.

As for the Sheldon and Penny shipping, that is all basically in the fandom's dreams. Not going to happen. I hope.

Archived