IGNORED

Oldest In A Shoe Daughter Gets Married

titus2_4u

Ya, the lack of proper beds is what gets to me the most, and I assume your children don't sleep on shelves :D Another big difference, you're not willingly having 10 more children when you know you don't have room for them. There's definitely nothing wrong with 2-3 kids sharing a room! And you sound like you really care about your kids while Kim from Life in a Shoe obviously doesn't beyond them being accessories.

The accessory thing seems to be a running theme in fundy land. I'm a Christian and I also believe that children are blessings but there is a difference between me and fundies (not to toot my own horn or anything lol). Their children seem to be used for validation. 'Look at me!! I'm so great and holy God has blessed me with 157 bazillion kids! Me me me! Look at me!!'

My kids aren't my validation. I love them, they are my world but I don't need them to be a certain thing for me. I need to let them grow and become the person they are meant to be. Not what I need them to be or what I want them to be.

I am just as blessed with my 3 as the Dugger's are with their 19 and my best friend is with her one.

Man I hope this makes sense. It made sense in my head but it doesn't always translate well lol.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The accessory thing seems to be a running theme in fundy land. I'm a Christian and I also believe that children are blessings but there is a difference between me and fundies (not to toot my own horn or anything lol). Their children seem to be used for validation. 'Look at me!! I'm so great and holy God has blessed me with 157 bazillion kids! Me me me! Look at me!!'

My kids aren't my validation. I love them, they are my world but I don't need them to be a certain thing for me. I need to let them grow and become the person they are meant to be. Not what I need them to be or what I want them to be.

I see this sort of thing happening among non fundies- they might only have two kids, but they loose their identity in them. They try to make the kids into what they want them to be.

I thought it was so strange that she never really updated the blog about the proceedings of the wedding plans. It's supposed to be her family blog, but I think it really proved that in the end it's a blog about her.

Most of her post about the wedding is about HER Q&A. Yes. The world is always so desperate to know the minutiae of wedding planning... from the mother of the bride.

Archived