IGNORED

Oldest In A Shoe Daughter Gets Married

titus2_4u

I wrote a piece on White Washed Feminists, once, about Shoe's feelings about ectopic pregnancy.

I'm sure that her daughter will embrace her role as a submissive, quiverfull wife.

I just pray that she never, ever has any kind of pregnancy issue that would endanger her life. Because I know that she has been brainwashed to believe that she should be sacrificed. After all, what else is she for, except to breed?

:(

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The shelf beds scare me. These things aren't even bolted to the wall?! :angry-banghead: That's a lot of kids and a lot of weight to not be secured!

Oh and one more thing. In reading this blog post it sounds like the mom wanted to make the day all about her and her pregnancy. "It's so hard to find a dress that's pretty for me in my third trimester of pregnancy. Oh but it's not about me. It's about the bride and groom. He he he'. Give me a break!

That's what I thought as well, but living in earthquake country would tend to do that for me, worrying about those beds not being secured. It really is worse than prison beds, since at least those are secured. Even without the possibility of an earthquake, those shelves not being bolted is a scary thought. If there were a fire or other emergency at night, it would be harder for those children to get out in time.

Hi, new here, been lurking for about 6 months.

My 3 year old was sitting next to me when I looked at that shelf-bed picture and immediately she asked "what are those kids doing on that shelf?"

If a 3 year old can tell it's not a bed, ur doing it wrong!

The shelf beds scare me. These things aren't even bolted to the wall?! :angry-banghead: That's a lot of kids and a lot of weight to not be secured!

My kids are crammed into a small room right now. I have three boys. The older two have bunk beds and our 7 week old baby has a crib (but he's sleeping in our room in a bassinet right now). I feel horrible that our kids are crammed in there. We didn't plan on having a third child and we are taking measures to ensure that we never have a fourth. We have been looking for a house but have been having trouble (it's SO frustrating to feel like every door slams shut!). The thought of adding to our brood of kids here in this house is overwhelming! I couldn't imagine even 4 kids in the same room let alone 9, or 27, or however many kids they have.

As much as I love babies and would like to try again for a little girl. It's irresponsible for our family! We couldn't afford it and we are overwhelmed right now with 3. Adding to the chaos would take away from all my boys. My kids need my husband and I. Not their older sibling. Also, I couldn't imagine putting that amount of pressure on Daemon, my oldest.

It's like these people don't understand that and it's really sad. I want my kids to be kids. Not miniature adults or parents.

Oh and one more thing. In reading this blog post it sounds like the mom wanted to make the day all about her and her pregnancy. "It's so hard to find a dress that's pretty for me in my third trimester of pregnancy. Oh but it's not about me. It's about the bride and groom. He he he'. Give me a break!

She and my mom could be best friends! My mom spent a month before my wedding texting me pictures of dresses she was considering, asking what I thought about them. When I informed her that she could wear whatever she wanted, her completely serious response was, "But I'm the mother-of-the-bride! Everyone will be looking at me!" :doh:

That's what I thought as well, but living in earthquake country would tend to do that for me, worrying about those beds not being secured. It really is worse than prison beds, since at least those are secured. Even without the possibility of an earthquake, those shelves not being bolted is a scary thought. If there were a fire or other emergency at night, it would be harder for those children to get out in time.

I didn't even think about a fire or emergency... these people are insane!

She and my mom could be best friends! My mom spent a month before my wedding texting me pictures of dresses she was considering, asking what I thought about them. When I informed her that she could wear whatever she wanted, her completely serious response was, "But I'm the mother-of-the-bride! Everyone will be looking at me!" :doh:

Really? That sucks. I'm sorry. I've heard stories like yours before and I told my husband to smack me if I ever came close to saying something like that when our boys get married.

Really? That sucks. I'm sorry. I've heard stories like yours before and I told my husband to smack me if I ever came close to saying something like that when our boys get married.

Oh, it's fine! I'm actually really glad my mother acted like her crazy old self during the wedding and the days before/after it, because it made my rose colored glasses wearing in-laws and my grandmother (her mother!) realize that I wasn't exaggerating when I gave them my reasons for distancing myself from her. Validation FTW!

The fact that you've even thought about it probably means that your boys and their future significant others are probably "safe" from any potential MOGzilla-ing ;)

My 3 year old was sitting next to me when I looked at that shelf-bed picture and immediately she asked "what are those kids doing on that shelf?"

Welcome to FJ and I love what your daughter said.

My boys were shown the picture of the shelf beds about a year ago (maybe more?) and all three thought that was the coolest thing ever. They also thought bringing me live fish out of the ocean was the coolest thing ever too. Mind you, they never detached the hook. I was not amused with either idea.

They are a year older now, and I asked the younger two when they got home this afternoon if they still wanted these. They weren't getting them regardless, but I amuse myself. Anyway, the 11 year olds told me they want them only if the oldest will sleep on the bottom so they can squish him. When I told them absolutely not, they both wanted to know why in the world I would think they would want to sleep on little cupboards when they have nice beds, if they can't squish their brother with them.

Hey Kim! My 11 year olds think your children live in cupboards. They really do, btw.

My boys were shown the picture of the shelf beds about a year ago (maybe more?) and all three thought that was the coolest thing ever. They also thought bringing me live fish out of the ocean was the coolest thing ever too. Mind you, they never detached the hook. I was not amused with either idea.

They are a year older now, and I asked the younger two when they got home this afternoon if they still wanted these. They weren't getting them regardless, but I amuse myself. Anyway, the 11 year olds told me they want them only if the oldest will sleep on the bottom so they can squish him. When I told them absolutely not, they both wanted to know why in the world I would think they would want to sleep on little cupboards when they have nice beds, if they can't squish their brother with them.

Hey Kim! My 11 year olds think your children live in cupboards. They really do, btw.

Even worse, 9 of them live in the same cupboard. Harry Potter in his cupboard under the stairs had it better than they do - at least he got a bed! And two of them don't even get their own shelf! And of course, only girls have to share, since a little boy and little girl sleeping next to each other would be soooo defrauding :roll: I love books, but seriously, if you're putting your children on shelves, you don't need a library.

I can only hope this cramming more children than you can afford into tiny inadequate spaces stops with the next generation. I won't be happy when a baby is born in a fundie family, but hopefully Kim's grandchildren will know the joys of sleeping in a bed.

We need to get some inside scoop on why they are moving to San Antonio.

I know they built their house on someone else's land, and I wonder if the land-owner took action against them.

My kids are crammed into a small room right now. I have three boys. The older two have bunk beds and our 7 week old baby has a crib (but he's sleeping in our room in a bassinet right now). I feel horrible that our kids are crammed in there. !

I don't see anything wrong with 2-3 brothers sharing a room, provided they have proper bedding, which it sounds like yours do. I don't think you should feel horrible at all.

9 kids in one room on Costco shelves? Completely different story...

I don't see anything wrong with 2-3 brothers sharing a room, provided they have proper bedding, which it sounds like yours do. I don't think you should feel horrible at all.

9 kids in one room on Costco shelves? Completely different story...

Ya, the lack of proper beds is what gets to me the most, and I assume your children don't sleep on shelves :D Another big difference, you're not willingly having 10 more children when you know you don't have room for them. There's definitely nothing wrong with 2-3 kids sharing a room! And you sound like you really care about your kids while Kim from Life in a Shoe obviously doesn't beyond them being accessories.

I have to agree as my boys share a room (minus the one that is sleeping with me currently). They have a full size bunkbed top and bottom, and we have two pullout beds in the living room for friends or brothers who don't like each other that night.

I'm seriously considering going to the couch and giving Mr. SquirmALot my bed for tonight. He's gone from grabbing my leg to kicking me in the butt for more room. We're on a twin mattress. And he's the one having bad dreams! Ha

Ya, the lack of proper beds is what gets to me the most, and I assume your children don't sleep on shelves :D Another big difference, you're not willingly having 10 more children when you know you don't have room for them. There's definitely nothing wrong with 2-3 kids sharing a room! And you sound like you really care about your kids while Kim from Life in a Shoe obviously doesn't beyond them being accessories.

I think it's so funny that I read so many people ditching those who put links to their registry on their invites, who ask for money, who ask for too big present, yet no one has mentioned the only thing I heard IRL told me about NOT to do: wear a red dress at a wedding. Because then all the attention is on you, particularly in pictures. And I thought that it was true in the only crappy pic we saw of the bride groom and parents, my attention goes first to the red dress....

Welcome and great first snark!

I think it's so funny that I read so many people ditching those who put links to their registry on their invites, who ask for money, who ask for too big present, yet no one has mentioned the only thing I heard IRL told me about NOT to do: wear a red dress at a wedding. Because then all the attention is on you, particularly in pictures. And I thought that it was true in the only crappy pic we saw of the bride groom and parents, my attention goes first to the red dress....

:lol:

My mom wanted to wear something like [link=http://www.jcrew.com/wedding/Wedding_Bridesmaid/Tricotine/PRDOVR~65590/65590.jsp]this[/link] (except not in red, fortunately). I kept asking if she thought she might be cold. :shifty: I'm sooo glad her friend talked her out of it! I so didn't want to have to give her the "you're in your 50s and going to your daughter's wedding, so don't dress like a skank" talk.

I don't see what is so "skanky" about that dress, especially in a neutral color. I guess it depends on body shape and I would wear a tank underneath because I have giant boobd, but it is loose and knee-length. Is it the arms/shoulders that you think are skanky? The way you described it, I was expecting spandex and cut-outs. I actually really like that dress

Yeah, how'd we forget to snark on the red? And the fact that the dress wasn't even flattering... she could have gotten something less form fitting looking and looked cute with her preggo belly, but mama had to show off.

Ugh. I can't stand Kim.

Yeah, how'd we forget to snark on the red? And the fact that the dress wasn't even flattering... she could have gotten something less form fitting looking and looked cute with her preggo belly, but mama had to show off.

Ugh. I can't stand Kim.

I thought it was so strange that she never really updated the blog about the proceedings of the wedding plans. It's supposed to be her family blog, but I think it really proved that in the end it's a blog about her.

I don't see what is so "skanky" about that dress, especially in a neutral color. I guess it depends on body shape and I would wear a tank underneath because I have giant boobd, but it is loose and knee-length. Is it the arms/shoulders that you think are skanky? The way you described it, I was expecting spandex and cut-outs. I actually really like that dress

Uhm... I think it'd be appropriate for a younger person who isn't sun damaged and anti-bra under formal clothes, but my mom looked like a classed up hooker in that dress. :lol: Add that to the fact everyone else was wearing church-y clothes (no one had anything that formal-ish), many with sweaters over their dresses (I even wore a jacket over mine), because it was 10:30 in the morning in the spring. Oh, and I'm kind of a prude; I think the Duggars' skirts are too short, so take my opinions with a salt tablet.

I thought it was so strange that she never really updated the blog about the proceedings of the wedding plans. It's supposed to be her family blog, but I think it really proved that in the end it's a blog about her.

And her uterus. Don't forget the poor, worn-out uterus.

Kim claims that bolting the shelves to the walls is not needed because the shelves are rated for holding some huge amount of weight.

Um, Kim -- inanimate objects stay where they are set down -- rather different from living humans.

There is only one way to get into or out of those lower shelves (and, depending on height, the top one). I can picture those kids' future spouses, asking "why do you always roll in or out of bed, instead of sitting up and putting your feet on the floor?"

Oh, it's fine! I'm actually really glad my mother acted like her crazy old self during the wedding and the days before/after it, because it made my rose colored glasses wearing in-laws and my grandmother (her mother!) realize that I wasn't exaggerating when I gave them my reasons for distancing myself from her. Validation FTW!

The fact that you've even thought about it probably means that your boys and their future significant others are probably "safe" from any potential MOGzilla-ing ;)

Oh no! No MOGzilla-ing or MILzilla-ing for me here! I refuse to be like that and my calm laid back husband will let me know if I am going down that path :) I saw my crappy grandmothers treating my mom like crap when I was a kid. Nothing was ever good enough for them. Also, I hit the in-law jackpot! So I know what to do and what not to do :)

Archived