IGNORED

Oldest In A Shoe Daughter Gets Married

titus2_4u

My god this would be so easy to fix with regular bunk beds! If she insists on being unsafe, why not make it look better and get two triple high bunk beds, each with a trundle underneath. They're safer (just a tad), and take up less space, and they wouldn't look like that of prison barracks.

I wouldn't be worried about the beds they have if they were 1. bolted to the wall, and 2. had guard rails on them.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the Mom of this blog, I found her because of a Mommy board I used to visit, it made me sick how some people thought she had great ideas, including the "beds". I seriously don't get the wearing your poverty like a medal the way some of these bloggers do, especially when they do it by making sure the world knows how little their children have to prove it. It is just like Emily, I am the best Christian Mom because I stack my "blessings' up to the roof, and cram them together, tighter then a slave ship, health and safety standards be damned, God just LOVES me! Her recent look at me, I am still able to BREED posts are extra lovely, as she doesn't even give a real crap about her daughter getting married. If she can't get excited about her daughter getting married, nothing this girl will do, will make her important to her own Mother. It is just so sad.

As to the Sharpies and Nutella, I won't make fun of them for those. Honestly we had some stupid stuff on ours too, they got put on our registry as a joke, many of our guests understood the joke too. One of which was DH getting frustrated by registering and men deserved something they wanted, so he added Beer, Coke and his favorite candy, a friend got him a basket of the stuff he added as a joke, that and the crazy kitchen item, he swore he had to have, our life wouldn't be complete without it, and we never used, in fact so much I forgot what it was. So like I said I give them a pass on that stuff. But I do hope they get a bed, that girl deserves it!

I think if you register for an item at BBB and no-one buys it for you you then get to purchase it at a discount later. That may explain the more expensive items. Perhaps they know that no-one will buy it.

Oh, and I had a really simple afternoon wedding. Finger foods, salads and cake. One of my friends "catered" it as her wedding gift to us. We paid for the food, but she put in an enormous amount of work.

The BB&B "completion" discount is total crap, just FYI. :whistle: You get 20% off anything you didn't get, but you only have a certain period of time to use the coupon, sooo... It's actually a little worse than the bajillion coupons that come in the mail every week.

Since people are talking about their weddings, I have a funny-ish story: we did a brunch wedding for under $5,000 (would've been under $3,000 if Mr. Burps didn't have such a giant freaking family). A few months later, we went to a $35,000 over the top wedding and the bride's mom kept loudly comparing our wedding--from the food, to the decor, to the music, to the ceremony, even down to the freaking hotel we chose for the guests--to her daughter's. Turns out she'd been doing it in the months preceding, talking about how happy and calm we were, and how much we seemed to enjoy our wedding, and how it was all so personal, and how we were so smart for "living within our means", and yadda yadda. No wonder the bride didn't seem to want make eye contact with me until after she'd had... some... drinks. :lol:

I don't see Deanna going the way of her mom. A year or two and I think she'll see what a narcissist loon her mother is.

I hope so, but I'm not sure about that. I don't think Deanna completely buys into the whole VF thing-she would remember better than any of the other kids how life was before their parents went off the rails. So I could see a more fundie-lite lifestyle. Still, she obviously loves the idea of marrying young, and I don't think she sees anything wrong with popping out a bunch of kids, whether they can afford them or not. She seems a little naive about the future, but her husband is studying at a real university so maybe they'll have better prospects. Hopefully she'll remember how it felt to spend months living in a travel trailer with 8 other people, and try to imagine how her young sisters felt sharing a shelf with no headroom as a bed.

I wouldn't be worried about the beds they have if they were 1. bolted to the wall, and 2. had guard rails on them.

That's true. I also have to wonder if those "mattress pads" are very comfortable at all? My back hurts just looking at it. :?

My ex-husband and I wanted to elope but his mother would not hear it.

That's... not exactly how you do an elopement. :lol:

My mom said that if we were going to attempt the traditional "bride's parents pay for the wedding" she would buy me a ladder. ;)

Yes - because it is 1512 and people just run off in the night........ there is still some planning in eloping.

dink.

My mom said that if we were going to attempt the traditional "bride's parents pay for the wedding" she would buy me a ladder. ;)

That is what my mom said - well, that and luggage :)

Oh no, no, no. Not 5 kids to a bedroom. 9 kids to a bedroom, with the third bedroom turned into a library.

Here's the shelf beds:

inashoe.com/2010/09/4-moms-open-house-linky-bedrooms-part-2/

WHAT.

SERIOUSLY WHAT.

She's got another post up about her pregnancy. It's like Deanna's wedding is a distant second in importance. It's all about her, how she is carrying, how dilated she needs to be, will she come early, la la la. Lady, it's your 11 kid, get over it.

If my daughter had just married, I'd be bursting with excitement! This lady, her first post after the wedding was another "pregnancy update."

I noticed this too. It's all about her is exactly right. But then, we've seen this before, haven't we? The breeding female and her amazing uterus is the star of the show!! :royalty-queen:

I hope so, but I'm not sure about that. I don't think Deanna completely buys into the whole VF thing-she would remember better than any of the other kids how life was before their parents went off the rails. So I could see a more fundie-lite lifestyle. Still, she obviously loves the idea of marrying young, and I don't think she sees anything wrong with popping out a bunch of kids, whether they can afford them or not. She seems a little naive about the future, but her husband is studying at a real university so maybe they'll have better prospects. Hopefully she'll remember how it felt to spend months living in a travel trailer with 8 other people, and try to imagine how her young sisters felt sharing a shelf with no headroom as a bed.

I don't necessarily think she likes the idea of marrying young, I think that she is smart enough to know that it was her only way out.

WHAT.

SERIOUSLY WHAT.

See how the one on the top shelf is reading? The ones below her wouldn't even be able to extend their arms that far. All that effort to make a library, and the kids can't even read in bed until they make it to the top bunk.

What do you mean by that? Deanna is not like most fundie children. Kim and Perry were raised in this stuff too, they were already off the rails. She doesn't remember the before because there wasn't one.

That being said, she's always seemed as subversive as she dares be, and 19 is not an unusual age to get married in rural TX, I grew up here and was an old maid when I was 22.

That's true. I also have to wonder if those "mattress pads" are very comfortable at all? My back hurts just looking at it. :?

They're a double layer of 3 inch memory foam. I had a six inch memory foam mattress once and it was better than an inner spring mattress, though it was on top of a normal mattress, not a metal shelf.

This entire time, I was assuming they were 6" solid foam. Turns out, from the bottom of this pic: inashoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/DSC09090.jpg

... that they are egg crate. Really deep egg crate foam. UM WTF. So really, it's like sleeping on maybe 3" of foam total. That is bizarre, nuts and sicko to make your children sleep on these "beds" for 20 or so years. These are worse than prison beds.

Is anyone else thinking that Diana has flounced from FJ? I get the feeling that she didn't realize how twisted Kim and Perry are.

She probably still adores them, she just doesn't want to see the shitting things they do. Reminds me of Baylee who worships the Bates. Diane will probably lay low for a little bit and then pop back up when she thinks people will have forgotten.

I can see Diana laying low for awhile, but apart of me thinks she might have flounced. I don't think she completely understands a lot of FJers' views on fundies.

Oh no, no, no. Not 5 kids to a bedroom. 9 kids to a bedroom, with the third bedroom turned into a library.

Here's the shelf beds:

inashoe.com/2010/09/4-moms-open-house-linky-bedrooms-part-2/

Wow! Sleeping in those bunk stacks would scare me and I'm not even claustrophobic. They just look so close together and...unsafe. The poor kids. But I guess it's all they know.

Is the new house they are hoping to buy going to be much larger? As in having enough bedrooms so that they can put only 3-4 kids in each room? Regular bunk beds would be such a move up for them.

Wow! Sleeping in those bunk stacks would scare me and I'm not even claustrophobic. They just look so close together and...unsafe. The poor kids. But I guess it's all they know.

Is the new house they are hoping to buy going to be much larger? As in having enough bedrooms so that they can put only 3-4 kids in each room? Regular bunk beds would be such a move up for them.

I knew it was not good when I looked at the pic, but it didn't really hit me until I was tucking my own kids in last night. You know, into their normal, single sized beds that they can stretch out and ROLL OVER in and get comfortable. Those kids don't have room to move in those beds, aside from the fact that they look terribly uncomfortable. Those beds are a sad commentary on their lives in general.....no wiggle room. No room to move freely. Not much room to grow. Sad, sad, sad. :(

I recall there was a blog entry in which Kim was promoting some kind of legal service that teaches people how to deal with CPS. CPS might have been called on her, but depending on the state laws they might have been unable to do anything.

Those poor kids. That whole set-up is just a disaster waiting to happen. Comfort concerns be damned here, if the top shelf goes, all the kids could be seriously injured or worse. They would never be able to get out in time if there were an emergency.

Rant:

Hey Kim! If you lurk here, grow a brain, USE IT for 2 seconds and buy some damn bolts for those shelves before you kill your children with your fanaticism!

End rant.

Edited for spelling.

The shelf beds scare me. These things aren't even bolted to the wall?! :angry-banghead: That's a lot of kids and a lot of weight to not be secured!

My kids are crammed into a small room right now. I have three boys. The older two have bunk beds and our 7 week old baby has a crib (but he's sleeping in our room in a bassinet right now). I feel horrible that our kids are crammed in there. We didn't plan on having a third child and we are taking measures to ensure that we never have a fourth. We have been looking for a house but have been having trouble (it's SO frustrating to feel like every door slams shut!). The thought of adding to our brood of kids here in this house is overwhelming! I couldn't imagine even 4 kids in the same room let alone 9, or 27, or however many kids they have.

As much as I love babies and would like to try again for a little girl. It's irresponsible for our family! We couldn't afford it and we are overwhelmed right now with 3. Adding to the chaos would take away from all my boys. My kids need my husband and I. Not their older sibling. Also, I couldn't imagine putting that amount of pressure on Daemon, my oldest.

It's like these people don't understand that and it's really sad. I want my kids to be kids. Not miniature adults or parents.

Oh and one more thing. In reading this blog post it sounds like the mom wanted to make the day all about her and her pregnancy. "It's so hard to find a dress that's pretty for me in my third trimester of pregnancy. Oh but it's not about me. It's about the bride and groom. He he he'. Give me a break!

Archived