IGNORED

Kelly Bates had another miscarriage

0 kids n not countin

My periods were still regular at 45/46. They were irregular this spring, but a blood test revealed my thyroid level had dropped like a stone in less than 6 months. Now back to normal levels, my period is also back to normal and I'm 49. Heck, my SIL is finally going through what looks to be the real deal (I think she's 10 months now) and she's 54.

Point is, everyone's different and this is a woman who conceived when her last baby was about 4-ish months old when she conceived this one. She was vague on when she miscarried and how far along she was when they found out the embryo didn't make it...I imagine she was going to the doctor practically every week since she's so high risk and possibly on progesterone.

Either her cycles are still regular, or Gil bangs her every night between her periods, to cover their bases.

My mom is 59 and just now has gone through menopause. Regular as a clock until after her 58th birthday.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mom is 59 and just now has gone through menopause. Regular as a clock until after her 58th birthday.

I would have shot myself if I'd gone that long!!! I felt so liberated when I went menopausal.

I would have shot myself if I'd gone that long!!! I felt so liberated when I went menopausal.

Ugh, I am 52 and still pretty much going like clockwork. Once in while have a weird month where I think this is it, then it goes normal again. A friend of mine stopped at 55, thought she was done then started up again at 56 and finally stopped at 58.

I just watched that clip of the Big Duggar Family album and it's interesting that there is zero mention of Caleb when Michele talks about the J names. It's "our first born was Joshua and then when I got pregnant again it was with the twins". I am wondering if there ever was a Caleb. I would not put it past these two to make that up for effect.

OT I know, but please explain the salad. Salad to me is completely savoury, containing lots of vegetables, maybe a tiny bit of fruit, cheese or nuts, and a dressing. Creamsicle salad, jello salad or anything containing Cool Whip (ugh) looks like a dessert and should never be seen near a main dish. Cultural variety is what makes the world interesting, but I really struggle with this one! :lol:

OT I know, but please explain the salad. Salad to me is completely savoury, containing lots of vegetables, maybe a tiny bit of fruit, cheese or nuts, and a dressing. Creamsicle salad, jello salad or anything containing Cool Whip (ugh) looks like a dessert and should never be seen near a main dish. Cultural variety is what makes the world interesting, but I really struggle with this one! :lol:
j

It is a dessert. Although sometimes sweet salads might be served as a side.

j

It is a dessert. Although sometimes sweet salads might be served as a side.

Depends on where you live! I live in Virginia, and things like creamsicle salad and others like it, have shown up at about every single church potluck that I have been too in my church years.....with some 40something mom in a frumper saying "Oh, ya'll! Give it to the babies, they'll love it cuz it's sweet, but it's really a salad and good for 'em!". It sits right next to the casseroles and collard greens.

My period was gone for six months. I had constant hot flashes. Now I'm back to normal periods again. My mother says it can go on like this for years. If Aunt Flo doesn't stop visiting me, I am going to kill her.

My period was gone for six months. I had constant hot flashes. Now I'm back to normal periods again. My mother says it can go on like this for years. If Aunt Flo doesn't stop visiting me, I am going to kill her.

Is it bad that i'm 30 and praying for menopause? (My periods are so bad they resemble labor. Shit, early labor was cake compared to my normal cycle because its like a constant contraction, with no break)

Is it bad that i'm 30 and praying for menopause? (My periods are so bad they resemble labor. Shit, early labor was cake compared to my normal cycle because its like a constant contraction, with no break)

If you are able to tolerate it, get a high a high level of Ibuprofen (600 - 800 mg) in your system as soon as you have the sense your period is coming. It does little good to take it once the pain has started and one or two little Advil ain't gonna do the trick with your level of pain. You aren't supposed to go over 2400 mg a day, but I was able to keep it under that for the first two days and manage pain that was just like you describe.

This Chabad woman I know of writes a knitting blog. In her profile, she admits that she dreams of menopause!

My periods were really bad, too. I'd usually have one or two days that were just unreal. I'd have to wear a tampon and a pad and change frequently. One of the last periods I had was so heavy I almost ended up in the ER. Turns out I had fibroids which a D&C helped with, but I opted to have hysterectomy too. There are less drastic measures you can take to help with the heavy bleeding though.

One last thought: ask your doctor if you might have von Willebrand's disease. It's a mild clotting disorder that women can have. One study I read suggested that if you soak through a super absorbency tampon in 15 minutes, you should be checked for the disease.

Depends on where you live! I live in Virginia, and things like creamsicle salad and others like it, have shown up at about every single church potluck that I have been too in my church years.....with some 40something mom in a frumper saying "Oh, ya'll! Give it to the babies, they'll love it cuz it's sweet, but it's really a salad and good for 'em!". It sits right next to the casseroles and collard greens.

ugh. Yeah..even here I think most people know it isn't healthy

Not bad. In middle school I was dreaming of the day when I'd be old enough for a hysterectomy. Luckily giving birth did something to make it not hurt as bad because the worst cramps I've had since my son was born are pretty tolerable. But anyway when they used to be bad (I hear ya on the comparable-to-labor part!), I found that if I exercised regularly, my cramps weren't so bad. Step aerobics twice a week was good for me.

I've been praying for menopause since the day I started having periods --at age 11. I know it's normal nowadays, but I still think that 11 years old should be too young to start having periods.

This makes me so sad....thinking I could still have 20 years of this. Couple that with my short cycle (22-23 days) and...I just don't want to think about how many more periods that would be. I depressed myself enough when I realized I have about 4-5 more periods per calendar year than the average woman. :cry:

This makes me so sad....thinking I could still have 20 years of this. Couple that with my short cycle (22-23 days) and...I just don't want to think about how many more periods that would be. I depressed myself enough when I realized I have about 4-5 more periods per calendar year than the average woman. :cry:

And I could have another 30.... *bawls*

I'm telling you people, had I had a c-section with Tchtochke baby, i would have said "yanno what? just take it all out while you're in there"

I've been praying for menopause since the day I started having periods --at age 11. I know it's normal nowadays, but I still think that 11 years old should be too young to start having periods.

I agree! I think a woman should be able to flip a switch or something, turn it on when you are thinking about procreating, and keep it shut off otherwise. Eleven is entirely too young. And 39 is way too old when I quit having babies 14 years ago. ;)

I agree! I think a woman should be able to flip a switch or something, turn it on when you are thinking about procreating, and keep it shut off otherwise. Eleven is entirely too young. And 39 is way too old when I quit having babies 14 years ago. ;)

11 that is young! Poor you! I didn't get my first one until like 16.

11 that is young! Poor you! I didn't get my first one until like 16.

It was the summer I turned 12, I think right before my birthday. My daughters are 3 1/2 years apart but they started within a year of each other, the older one being lucky to not start till she was 15, I think. (Am I a bad mom that I don't remember? All I know is she went without one for years longer than I did.)

Is it true you usually get your period the same age as that your mother did? My mom was 14 when she got her's but I was only 11 and 1/2 and that has always slightly troubled me.

I was eleven (just turned) when I first got my period. I was on the early end of the normal range but I never felt like it was too young. I also didn't find it traumatic or even think it was such a big deal. My pediatrician said I would start within a year so when I did I just borrowed a pad and got on with my night.

Is it true you usually get your period the same age as that your mother did? My mom was 14 when she got her's but I was only 11 and 1/2 and that has always slightly troubled me.

I remember hearing that girls are getting their periods earlier, especially if they're taking medication for asthma. My daughter had a friend who started in 4th grade because of her asthma meds. It also has to do with better nutrition and health care.

I remember hearing that girls are getting their periods earlier, especially if they're taking medication for asthma. My daughter had a friend who started in 4th grade because of her asthma meds. It also has to do with better nutrition and health care.

My mom swears its because of the hormones in the meat/milk.

Archived