IGNORED

Kelly Bates had another miscarriage

0 kids n not countin

I'd like Kelly to have a set of twins just to have a higher living offspring count than Michelle.

Oh, for fuck's sake. No. This is not a contest (even if these two idiots think it is). Two *more* innocent children born to that nightmare of a family? Uh-uh.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Michaela reminded me that everyone in the over 21 crowd realizes that they could pack up and go, they are adults, but they choose to stay with their parents. I believe it was on Kelly's website that this year Erin, Nathan, Alyssa and Tori are taking courses at or attending Crown College. Michaela and Zach have chosen to study online. Staying at home with Mom and Dad was not my personal choice, but other of my siblings chose to. Some of my adult children lived at home until they were 23 and 24. Am I saying that the Bates are perfect? Hardly, they themselves are the first to admit that. They are doing what they feel is right and that is NOT beating babies so they will stay on a blanket. I raised my children with what I knew and what felt right at the time, too. Beating babies was not part of that for me, either.

Really? Really?!? And how, pray tell, would they do that? Do each of them have access to a few thousand dollars (at least) each to get themselves set up independently? Would they be able to support themselves (the "girls" especially)? Pay rent, utilities, deposits, insurance? buy and maintain a vehicle? All that takes $$$$ and these young people do not have access to that $$$$. They have no real education or real job skills nor will they likely ever have those things unless an outsider takes pity on them. Lawson can mow lawns. Big whoop. So can most 12-year olds. Erin is a mediocre pianist. Big whoop. None of them, not one, could leave if they wanted to and truly live independently.

Really? Really?!? And how, pray tell, would they do that? Do each of them have access to a few thousand dollars (at least) each to get themselves set up independently? Would they be able to support themselves (the "girls" especially)? Pay rent, utilities, deposits, insurance? buy and maintain a vehicle? All that takes $$$$ and these young people do not have access to that $$$$. They have no real education or real job skills nor will they likely ever have those things unless an outsider takes pity on them. Lawson can mow lawns. Big whoop. So can most 12-year olds. Erin is a mediocre pianist. Big whoop. None of them, not one, could leave if they wanted to and truly live independently.

Bayley is a fundy apologist. The outside world is painted as a very scary place by Gil and Kelly. These kids have no understanding of the real world, all they know about it is filtered by their parents. Hell they don't get newspapers or even listen to NPR, their parents have camera's though out the house so the have zero privacy.

Where did anyone ever get the idea that I run a fan page for the Bates, or that I know either Kelly's or Gil's sister? I have never changed my age, and I am not an apologist either. I like the Bates, I do know them. That's the extent of it. Many of their beliefs are different than my own, so what? Where is it written that we can't like people without wanting to emulate them? Would I ask either Kelly or Gil about their finances? Not hardly, just like I wouldn't ask any other acquaintance. If either had discussed finances with me, would I write about it on FJ? Absolutely not. If prenancy test were available back in the day, I didn't know about them, nor was I ever offered one. There used to be a joke about the rabbit dying, but apparently Navy hospitals were not interested in the cost of killing, or feeding unkilled, rabbits.

Where did anyone ever get the idea that I run a fan page for the Bates, or that I know either Kelly's or Gil's sister? I have never changed my age, and I am not an apologist either. I like the Bates, I do know them. That's the extent of it. Many of their beliefs are different than my own, so what? Where is it written that we can't like people without wanting to emulate them? Would I ask either Kelly or Gil about their finances? Not hardly, just like I wouldn't ask any other acquaintance. If either had discussed finances with me, would I write about it on FJ? Absolutely not. If prenancy test were available back in the day, I didn't know about them, nor was I ever offered one. There used to be a joke about the rabbit dying, but apparently Navy hospitals were not interested in the cost of killing, or feeding unkilled, rabbits.

Resourcefulness didn't appear to be your strong suit in the way back dayz Bayley. It's not like they were handed out as samples next to the fucking cheese whiz on ritz crackers. :laughing-rolling:

FWIW I'm addressing something I expressed in my prior post. The OPs can all speak for themselves. TTFN

Resourcefulness didn't appear to be your strong suit in the way back dayz Bayley. It's not like they were handed out as samples next to the fucking cheese whiz on ritz crackers. :laughing-rolling:

FWIW I'm addressing something I expressed in my prior post. The OPs can all speak for themselves. TTFN

Which FJers are good at digging up some evidence? Funny how she went from "I sent them stuff" to "We're friends and I know them" from one post to the next.

I kinda agree.... I'd sorta like to see the Bates stick it to the Duggars. See Boob crack up and Michelle admitted to the hospital with a broken pelvis from all the frantic rabbit humping to beat the Bates.

Which FJers are good at digging up some evidence? Funny how she went from "I sent them stuff" to "We're friends and I know them" from one post to the next.

Wasn't she also leghumping the maxwells at some point or are the apologists/friends blurring together over time?

I realize that most of these folks (Bates, Duggars, etc) don't take an OB/GYN's word as gospel (pun sort of intended), but seriously some doctor must have told them to STOP.

Do ya'll think that Kelly has regular periods at her age? When I started into perimenopause, my periods became irregular. If hers are not regular, do you suppose she pees on a stick pretty much every day?

My periods were still regular at 45/46. They were irregular this spring, but a blood test revealed my thyroid level had dropped like a stone in less than 6 months. Now back to normal levels, my period is also back to normal and I'm 49. Heck, my SIL is finally going through what looks to be the real deal (I think she's 10 months now) and she's 54.

Point is, everyone's different and this is a woman who conceived when her last baby was about 4-ish months old when she conceived this one. She was vague on when she miscarried and how far along she was when they found out the embryo didn't make it...I imagine she was going to the doctor practically every week since she's so high risk and possibly on progesterone.

Either her cycles are still regular, or Gil bangs her every night between her periods, to cover their bases.

I realize that most of these folks (Bates, Duggars, etc) don't take an OB/GYN's word as gospel (pun sort of intended), but seriously some doctor must have told them to STOP.

I have noticed over the past couple of seasons on 19 K&A that Dr. Sarver (Jchelle's GYNO) looks a little more irritated each time we see her. Her last talking head was very short and to the point.

I have noticed over the past couple of seasons on 19 K&A that Dr. Sarver (Jchelle's GYNO) looks a little more irritated each time we see her. Her last talking head was very short and to the point.

And remember that not only has Dr. Sarver indicated that she informed the Duggars about the risks Michelle faces with continued pregnancies; but also the fact that Michelle switched to Dr. Sarver after her old doctor wouldn't do VBACs for her anymore. Michelle is being told the information, it just goes in one ear and out the other.

It's a death match right now and so far it's only been embryos and not adult mothers. But these two women are pushing the odds. It's like they have one bullet, spin the cylinder, cock back the trigger and hold the gun to their own head every month. It makes Death Race 2000 seem civilized.

It's a death match right now and so far it's only been embryos and not adult mothers. But these two women are pushing the odds. It's like they have one bullet, spin the cylinder, cock back the trigger and hold the gun to their own head every month. It makes Death Race 2000 seem civilized.

It's the Protestant Quiverfull way of upping the ante on what used to be refered to as "Vatican Roulette" in my old neighborhood.

If prenancy test were available back in the day, I didn't know about them, nor was I ever offered one. There used to be a joke about the rabbit dying, but apparently Navy hospitals were not interested in the cost of killing, or feeding unkilled, rabbits.

When exactly is back in the day for you? I was in the Navy, I had a pregnancy test done in 1970.

I wonder if, at a certain point, you mentally cannot give the same amount of love to all your children. Like, past 12 kids, you start forgetting about some of them or they just sort of start melding together in your mind.

Gothard roulette?

Gothard roulette?

Yes, I had a memory lane chuckle about Vatican Roulette. Those of us young cynical nonbelievers would play a game called, 'Guess if Mrs. So and So can make it through the crosswalk without a prolapse.' We were evil children who turned away from god so it was only natural we could joke about such things :D

Michaela reminded me that everyone in the over 21 crowd realizes that they could pack up and go, they are adults, but they choose to stay with their parents. I believe it was on Kelly's website that this year Erin, Nathan, Alyssa and Tori are taking courses at or attending Crown College. Michaela and Zach have chosen to study online. Staying at home with Mom and Dad was not my personal choice, but other of my siblings chose to. Some of my adult children lived at home until they were 23 and 24. Am I saying that the Bates are perfect? Hardly, they themselves are the first to admit that. They are doing what they feel is right and that is NOT beating babies so they will stay on a blanket. I raised my children with what I knew and what felt right at the time, too. Beating babies was not part of that for me, either.

Good God do you know anything about Gothard? He teaches that sure you can leave home, but it will be fucking up your life forever and bringing damnation onto your head if you do. "We could leave but don't want to." is the standard Gothard reply. And lets not forget the clip where Gil states that he didn't protect his kids for 18 years to have them go be around people that don't believe like they do. That's why they are only allowed to go to a super fundie college.

Go ask the Bates about the stories of Gothard molesting young teens who "worked" with him and get back to us. In fact, ask them about the Bill Gothard generation that hates him and thinks he destroyed their childhood, teen years, and 20's.

What I don't understand is that the Bates and Duggars all seem to agree that birth control pills can cause abortions. (citations seriously needed!) But they are willing to continue getting pregnant while knowing there is a huge (nearly 100% with Kelly) chance of a miscarriage.

At what point is Kelly "murdering" her potential babies? And how, in her mind, is this better than just having Gil wear a condom?

Agree totally with those who are saying that for the sake of the younger children, neither of these women should announce their pregnancies until they are showing. I can't imagine being 3 or 4 years old and being forced to think about your dead baby sibling. That's just cruel.

Gawd, I hate these people.

When exactly is back in the day for you? I was in the Navy, I had a pregnancy test done in 1970.

In the early 50s, most "rabbit" tests were replaced with "toad" tests. I won't write out the boring details.

Immunoassay pregnancy tests (NO animal involved) became available in 1960.

The "rabbit died" joke has been persistent (actually, the rabbit was sacrificed to get an answer, whether the person turned out to be pregnant or not), but hasn't been a reality for a very long time.

Unfortunately for Kelly and Michelle. I won in the baby race. If that's what they call it.(which is sad that they both are racing to 20)

I have 20 healthy children(3 sets of twins) and 13 grandchildren(and counting on the grandkids). My husband and I married when we were 18 and had our first the following year. From the oldest to the youngest is 23 years. I just loved children. We are Christian but not fundies or in a cult.

God didn't lay it on my heart to have that many kids. It just happened. Yes we recieved criticism from both our families when the 8th one came along and they stopped complaining to us after the 12th. (I guess they figured what's the use) Both my husband and I work while raising our children. We still have 6 at home and all our children went to public school. Some played sports, were in band, and were in plays. Some were scouts and in 4H. They had friends besides their siblings, dated, and did normal childhood activities.

We had a big garden and raised our own meat. (which helped on the grocery bill).

Most importantly, we raised our children ourshelves. No buddy system. My oldest two were daughters. Did they older ones help out alittle when we went out. Of course, but my husband and I had two children in each hand or arm and usually the youngest. They all had chores to do. But I did the cooking and cleaning. (kids rooms were cleaned by them) The most we had at home at one time is 15 children. The oldest was in college when number 16 was born. Did the older girls help out with the babies. (of course, but it was because they wanted to, not forced to)

My adult children have careers in different fields including business, medical, and the military.

It wasn't always easy and yes I delivered every one of them. But no family life is going to be always easy. There is difficulities and challenges in any size family. That's called Life! And no none of my children want that many kids. I think 4 would be the max. That's fine with me and my husband.

We have 14 sons and 6 daughters. 5 of our daughters are married and they picked their own husbands. The youngest daughter is in college.

If you think 6 howler monkeys are bad. My last 8 were howler monkeys, but they rasied to respect other people's belongings and not go wild in the house like its their playroom. My boys aren't really howler monkeys. lol! (little snark)

Our family is private and have no desire for media attention.

I only replied to let you guys know that Kelly and Michelle lost that race over 10 years ago.

To remind people on here that not all large families are fundy and crazy.

Long time lurker. First time poster.

Who will be the Martyr?? That's the BIG QUESTION!! Which woman will die trying to out breed the other.

That must have been the "big announcement" that had to be edited out...........

Wow, you have 20! That is awesome, and you are a good parent to them and actually raise them. The winner of the baby race couldnt have gone to a better person.

I didnt think it was possible to have 20 kids, as both Kelly and Michelle are stuck on the 19th and I thought they were the biggest families in the world.

A few days I heard of a woman who gave birth to 69 kids, but that was a while ago.

Archived