IGNORED

Kelly Bates had another miscarriage

0 kids n not countin

So that was the "big announcement" that they edited out of the last episode I presume.

Rain or Shine

Filed in Family News on September 07, 2012

God often puts a song in our hearts during times of joy... and also during times of sorrow... during the storms of life, or during the sunny days!

We recently rejoiced to discover we were expecting a new baby, but several weeks later, our joy turned to tears as a visit to the doctor showed that our little one had died around the 7th week.

We have experienced 3 other misscarriages, and each time we chose a name that would remind us of a hymn that we could sing during our times of sadness. (Jewels was named after the hymn, "Precious Jewels." Jubilee was named after the Scripture song, "This is the Year of Jubilee." Zion was named after the hymn, "We're Marching to Zion.")

We asked God to help us choose a fitting name for this little one, and at the same time to restore gladness to our hearts. We chose the name "Sunny" after the hymn "There is Sunshine in My Soul." The 4th verse says:

"There is gladness in my soul today, and hope and praise and love,

For blessings which He gives me now, for joys 'laid up' above."

He has chosen to give us 4 little joys "laid up" in Heaven, that one day we will see and know! Through tears and sorrow, we still sing, "There is Sunshine in My Soul!"

Some of our children sang "God wants to Hear You Sing," to remind us to turn to Him in both the good times and the bad.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, so maybe your god is STILL trying to tell you to stop trying for more kids since you didn't listen the first time and you started taking progesterone instead. Yes, I do sound like a cold-hearted bitch. You've already brought in enough miserable kids to this world and yes, I'm happy there won't (probably) be any more and if it makes me sound like a cold-hearted bitch to be happy you miscarried a wanted pregnancy then so be it.

Has anyone ever seen someone define what it means for God to "close the womb?" Because as much as I've heard it tossed around in concert with "open the womb," all I can figure is that open = conception, and closure = death. Is there any pastor or "authority" figure who has said what this actually means?

Aww, they must be so sad. :( Note that my sympathy for them will cease if they make this into a political statement.

Hmmm, so maybe your god is STILL trying to tell you to stop trying for more kids since you didn't listen the first time and you started taking progesterone instead. Yes, I do sound like a cold-hearted bitch. You've already brought in enough miserable kids to this world and yes, I'm happy there won't (probably) be any more and if it makes me sound like a cold-hearted bitch to be happy you miscarried a wanted pregnancy then so be it.

Don't worry, I think the same. I think I feel this way because they pay attention to making more blessings than to loving the children they have, I'm never happy when a baby is born into a fundie family and they claim to do things when God gives them a sign and what more obvious sign do they expect God to give?

Note: None of this applies to normal people who have miscarriages. It only applies to all Quiverfull baby collectors.

Hear that big sigh of relief? That's the J'Uterus after reading this news

And obviously her and DimBulb went back to doing the deed furiously to try and outdo the Bateses

Spoilered for brain bleach thoughts.

Has anyone ever seen someone define what it means for God to "close the womb?" Because as much as I've heard it tossed around in concert with "open the womb," all I can figure is that open = conception, and closure = death. Is there any pastor or "authority" figure who has said what this actually means?

I believe closed = God intended fertility. By that I mean menopause since any other loss of ability to birth live young is considered a sign of God's wrath at your lack of Christianity.

Don't worry, I think the same. I think I feel this way because they pay attention to making more blessings than to loving the children they have, I'm never happy when a baby is born into a fundie family and they claim to do things when God gives them a sign and what more obvious sign do they expect God to give?

Note: None of this applies to normal people who have miscarriages. It only applies to all Quiverfull baby collectors.

Yeah, seconded, including taking progesterone or doing IVF, or any other of the amazing types of artificial reproductive technologies available today. My bitchiness is exclusively towards the hypocritical baby hoarders.

I believe closed = God intended fertility. By that I mean menopause since any other loss of ability to birth live young is considered a sign of God's wrath at your lack of Christianity.

Yeah, it seems "closed" means inability to conceive and not inability to carry to term.

She's 45. Her eggs have reached their shelf life. If she and her husband insist on trying to procreate, she needs to prepare herself more many more miscarriages. Progesterone will only do so much and when there is a genetic problem and the fetus/zygote can't grow, it will dispell said fetus/zygote. I wonder when they will realize that God is not just telling them no, he's screaming and giving them the finger too. :obscene-birdiered:

Isn't it time for these people to enter the next cycle of life and enjoy planning for and having grandchildren? My youngest is 8 my oldest is 21 and I've had baby fever for several years but I didn't act on it, my youngest has special needs it would be unfair to her and a new child not to mention what if.. I had another child with special needs? I'm 42 and now I have a grandson , I'm SO GLAD I didn't have another I honestly don't think I could do it. Instead I can love and spoil my grandson and send him home, and give my 8 year old the time and dedication she needs.

Getting older SUCKS but thus is life, I didn't know I would love my grandson as much as I love my own children but I do. Its fun having him around and not being totally responsible for him. Not to mention its time to sit back and let my adult children make thier way in this world.

Hear that big sigh of relief? That's the J'Uterus after reading this news

And obviously her and DimBulb went back to doing the deed furiously to try and outdo the Bateses

Spoilered for brain bleach thoughts.

Oh, the mental images you've given me. I'm picturing them with big angry cartoon eyes.

Isn't it time for these people to enter the next cycle of life and enjoy planning for and having grandchildren? My youngest is 8 my oldest is 21 and I've had baby fever for several years but I didn't act on it, my youngest has special needs it would be unfair to her and a new child not to mention what if.. I had another child with special needs? I'm 42 and now I have a grandson , I'm SO GLAD I didn't have another I honestly don't think I could do it. Instead I can love and spoil my grandson and send him home, and give my 8 year old the time and dedication she needs.

Getting older SUCKS but thus is life, I didn't know I would love my grandson as much as I love my own children but I do. Its fun having him around and not being totally responsible for him. Not to mention its time to sit back and let my adult children make thier way in this world.

Bit your tongue! They do that and they have to accept they aren't super sechul fertility snowflakes who can pop out their own babies every 9 months and thus better than all of us childless either due to choice or infertility heathens!

Since the Bates have their own TLC show, will they decide to have a VSE for "Sunny"?

I hope like hell not.......

"sunny" was only 7 weeks - I find that a bit early to even announce your pregnancy nonetheless mourn the loss. On cable TV.

Count me as another cold-hearted bitch that's not the least bit sorry that Kelly miscarried. I feel terrible, though, for a friend of mine who suffered a miscarriage today. It was her first, very much wanted pregnancy.

The only part of me that is sad is the part that would love to see Michelle smile through her gritted teeth as Kelly wins the baby collector award. I think Kelly having the 20th child would send her over the edge and the crazy would start to show.

The thing is they have no choice about having more failures. even if they think god is sending them messages they can't use birth control they could only use abstinence. so they will never stop because they don't have a choice or they will look like they are disobeying god.

Maybe it's because I'm a deeply private person, but I do not understand the need or desire to share this news to so many people like this. And why the hell do they insist on announcing pregnancies so early. That goes to pretty much all QF people. I don't even think I'd announce it to my family so early. Again, I'm a very, very private person. There's just so much that can go wrong so early on and especially at her age. It's like tempting fate to announce it so early. And then when something goes wrong, you have to then explain it to every freaking person and their mother. I don't get it.

Why do these women in their late 40's still think they can pop them out like they're 25?

I don't think they'll be happy until one of these QF moms dies in childbirth popping out her 15th kid when she's 50.

My QF stepsister had an intestinal problem several years ago and had to have 2 emergency surgeries. She was told NOT to have any more kids - she was about 38 at the time and already had 7. 6 months later she got pregnant with twins, and now at 42ish they're still "trying for more". I don't have much of an emotional connection with her because we didn't grow up together and they live in another state, but I have to watch my stepmom (her mother) cry all the time because her biggest fear is that she is going to lose her daughter over this QF patriarchy crap (part 2 of her fear is that if this happens, the husband will remarry some young fundie and start all over again, and she'll never see her grandkids again).

**I echo the sentiments of those who said their stabbiness was geared toward baby collectors who ignore medical advice and not toward sane women of any kid.

Maybe it's because I'm a deeply private person, but I do not understand the need or desire to share this news to so many people like this. And why the hell do they insist on announcing pregnancies so early. That goes to pretty much all QF people. I don't even think I'd announce it to my family so early. Again, I'm a very, very private person. There's just so much that can go wrong so early on and especially at her age. It's like tempting fate to announce it so early. And then when something goes wrong, you have to then explain it to every freaking person and their mother. I don't get it.

That is your personal preference. I needed a lot of caring and support after mine...so I told people.

It isn't tempting fate. That is bullshit. Telling people doesn't cause miscarriages.

I'm sorry Kelly ha to go through it again. I'm certain they won't take the hint though.

Kelly and Michelle have made having a miscarriage for Jesus the hot new thing. Human bodies just aren't made to produce 20 kids without making compromises.

Archived