IGNORED

Kelly Bates had another miscarriage

0 kids n not countin

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would you expect menarche at the same age as your mother? You get half your genes from your father too. Just because those aren't exposed in him doesn't mean they just stop existing. I really wish menstruation weren't so taboo because these myths and misunderstandings are way too common. Heredity and environment don't behave differently just for periods.

I started my period when I was 9. When I was that young I would only occasionally have lower back pain with them, and it wasn't until my 20's that I started having some PMS symptoms and cramps. Now, like someone suggested, I take pain reliever before the cramps actually start and then they are barely noticeable. Waiting until they begin just means it won't be very affective for me.

I started my period when I was a little over 11 1/2. It was New Year's Eve 1999. Yes... I got my period on Y2K. At least I'll never forget it. :lol:

I'm sure it contributes.

I really think there is something to that as well. I'm not an "all organic" purist, but if I had kids I'd make organic milk a priority, though I believe that almost all diaries that supply my area have stopped using rBST. chotchkes, you were BLESSED to get your period so late.

Guest Anonymous

My mom had hers when she was ten (and she grew up fundie so it was scary for her... she hid it til her mother found the bloody sheets and sent her sisters to take her out to lunch during school and explain everything) I had mine three days before my fifteenth birthday. I was miserable several days before it started with backaches and a migraine. I never had a migraine until then and STILL rarely get them. My mom had been pretty open about it although for some reason I was under the impression that you peed blood. When it started I knew what it was and I yelled at my mom to get in the bathroom. Its also the only time my mother has embarrassed me (although I don't think she meant to). I overheard her on the phone later.telling my grandmothers that I was a WOMAN now!!!!

I was 10 when I started my period, same age as Mom was. My daughter didn't get hers until she was 13. Her friends mostly started a year or two before she did, but I also think it's partly due to hormones in meat etc. GirlKay is very picky and eats very little meat or dairy.

I still have yet to meet the pain medication that can touch my cramps, that doesn't come via vial and syringe out of the narcotics cabinet. I've had 3 c-sections, and gone through labor with each baby - I would take that any day over my period cramps. I'm not done having children, and I am NOT looking forward to menopause - I went through it twice, medically induced, and it was HORRIBLE - so I'm pretty much screwed for the next couple of decades or so.

Just read about reputable research that indicates early menopause (before you're 50+) sets one up for heart disease. Guess I'm in for a tradeoff -- no periods but early death!

I've been praying for menopause since the day I started having periods --at age 11. I know it's normal nowadays, but I still think that 11 years old should be too young to start having periods.

I've been praying for the same thing since I started my periods at age 11. But that was partly because I had extremely painful cramps, and birth control was the only thing that worked for them, and I didn't even know that was an option until I was nearly 18. So 7 years of torture. I don't think it's only normal nowadays....I think it's always been normal for some people. My mother started her period at all, and so did my grandmother and great aunt (which would have been in 1951 and 1953 respectively.) Early menarche runs on my dad's side too, and the doctor said I'd probably start my period within the next year, about a year before I started, so I was prepared. My youngest sister was 10 when she started. I do think it's becoming less and less common to start at something like 14...By the time we started highschool at 14, only like one girl didn't have her period. My mom is 49 and still hasn't started menopause, and my grandmother was 54. I believe late menopause runs on my dad's side of the family too. So it could be another 30 years for me, but now that I have birth control and am no longer in pain, I don't really mind.

I've been praying for menopause since the day I started having periods --at age 11. I know it's normal nowadays, but I still think that 11 years old should be too young to start having periods.

I've been praying for the same thing since I started my periods at age 11. But that was partly because I had extremely painful cramps, and birth control was the only thing that worked for them, and I didn't even know that was an option until I was nearly 18. So 7 years of torture. I don't think it's only normal nowadays....I think it's always been normal for some people. My mother started her period at all, and so did my grandmother and great aunt (which would have been in 1951 and 1953 respectively.) Early menarche runs on my dad's side too, and the doctor said I'd probably start my period within the next year, about a year before I started, so I was prepared. My youngest sister was 10 when she started. I do think it's becoming less and less common to start at something like 14...By the time we started highschool at 14, only like one girl didn't have her period. My mom is 49 and still hasn't started menopause, and my grandmother was 54. I believe late menopause runs on my dad's side of the family too. So it could be another 30 years for me, but now that I have birth control and am no longer in pain, I don't really mind.

There are days (today, for instance) that I wish I could take the Pill so my periods are more tolerable. Sadly, the Pill is intolerable in my system. So I suffer and pray for menopause.

There are days (today, for instance) that I wish I could take the Pill so my periods are more tolerable. Sadly, the Pill is intolerable in my system. So I suffer and pray for menopause.

That's horrible:( I hope you someday find something that works for you, or don't have menopause particularly late. I can't imagine going back to the suffering I had the first 7 years I had my period, and I know it's horrible. It incapacitated me 2-3 days a month and I couldn't do anything.

I got my period just days after I turned 12. My sister is 5 years younger than me, and got hers at age 11. Most of our girl cousins have been around age 11, except for one poor girl who started at 9. My husband has had to shave his face daily since he was in 5th grade- so puberty happened pretty young to him.

My oldest daughter is 9.5 years old now and is FLYING through pre-puberty. Judging by that, I expect she'll have her period well before her 11th birthday. This is a child who does not eat meat or soy and has very little dairy. She's small boned and is 4 foot 6 inches tall and weighs about 60 lbs. She does not have the typical body type for early puberty, yet it seems to be hitting her anyways.

My periods were awful for all my teen years. Then one day a miraculous thing happened. We started the gynecologic endocrinology course in med school. It was an epiphany. I realized I could have total hormonal control over my periods. Since then no problems at all. Now my gynaecologist thinks I am peri menopausal and now I can hardly wait for the day I can ditch all birth control and period paraphernalia.

I got my period just days after I turned 12. My sister is 5 years younger than me, and got hers at age 11. Most of our girl cousins have been around age 11, except for one poor girl who started at 9. My husband has had to shave his face daily since he was in 5th grade- so puberty happened pretty young to him.

My oldest daughter is 9.5 years old now and is FLYING through pre-puberty. Judging by that, I expect she'll have her period well before her 11th birthday. This is a child who does not eat meat or soy and has very little dairy. She's small boned and is 4 foot 6 inches tall and weighs about 60 lbs. She does not have the typical body type for early puberty, yet it seems to be hitting her anyways.

If it gives you any hope, my daughter whipped through puberty before she was 10 - everything but the period. I was really surprised - but relieved for her! - when she didn't start until 13!

I LOVE the Pill. I won't hesitate to put my daughter on it if she ever asks - she is starting to get rotten cramps every so often now. It seems to hate me, ever since I hit my 20s, but after we (hopefully) have the next BabyKay, I'll be living at the pharmacy until I find one that I can tolerate. I can't cope with the idea of at least a couple more decades of this shit.

If it gives you any hope, my daughter whipped through puberty before she was 10 - everything but the period. I was really surprised - but relieved for her! - when she didn't start until 13!

Yeah I needed a bra and a razor long before I needed tampons.

Archived