IGNORED

Priscilla and David Waller are expecting!

xReems

I'm saving my hate for when they blanket-train that child or raise their daughters to be nothing more than unquestioning helpmeets who gift-wrap their EPTs. For now, I mostly just see them as victims of their circumstances. Even though David's a clueless tool who thinks water-skiing in a suit is the height of hilarity and speaks with a creepy-ass tone that's every shade of "It's storytime—now, this'll just be our little secret, hehhh." That's grave annoyance, but not hate.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am actually afraid for Priscilla. It is more than likely that David is so deep in the closet he's redecorating Narnia, and that is a tragic thing. His sexuality aside, he is also a junior patriarch in a prominent ATI family, raised with a scary sense of entitlement because of his gender and because of the family's missionary status. He has thus far demonstrated some pretty disturbing behavior through his videos, and the captions from the post about visiting the Oklahoma City bombing memorial show a bizzare lack of empathy.

Combine these things with his probable sexuality, and there is no way Priscilla will be able to please him or make him happy. He has been raised to believe that he is entitled to a spouse who will dedicate her life to pleasing him. So take frustrated sexuality, an entitlement mindset, and a complete lack of the communication skills necessary to have honest discussions about sex and relationship expectations, mix them together...and I think what you have is a recipe for abuse.

I am very concerned for Priscilla's physical safety and Lang term mental health. She does not appear to be very bright, and she has no support system around to help her if things get ugly.

David's almost certainly gay. In fact, he seems gayer than gayness itself. But the fact that people are pointing that out has nothing to do with hating him. It's just really sad that gay people in that environment are forced to act straight. And in David's case, he felt compelled to marry a woman and now feels compelled to starting filling his quiver with 10, 12 or even more children.

The more I watch videos of David, the more I am convinced that he is gay and so desperately trying to cover it up. It's downright tragic that he is forced to live a lie because of the ATI lifestyle. He has to lie to himself, to his big shot ATI family, to his wife and now he's bringing in the first of God knows how many innocent kids into the mix. This is not going to go well.

Priscilla seems like a harmless, sweet person. But she's clearly, as my mother would say, "not all there". Coupled with the fact that she's married to a (very likely) gay man and being told she should now have an army of children, she's probably going to have an unhappy life. Again, that's just sad, and completely unnecessary.

You said it better than I did regarding Priscilla...."not all there". But I feel sad for her because the very thing that is supposed to make her life complete as a woman, is not going to work out nowhere near as she is hoping. And I think she knows it.

Hey, guys, is there a link on youtube to their wedding and stuff? I tried looking for one last night. I was trying to find the whole episode of 19 Kids but apparently they were blocked by youtube for copyright reasons. I dont have cable anymore and I'm insanely curious now.

With all this talk about David being gay, I couldn't help but include my opinion. I have noticed that he is VERY overzealous and extreme about displaying his relationship with Priscilla (davidlovespriscilla name of the website, license plate, etc). I have noticed that people who do this either feel like they have something to prove or they are trying to cover something up.

I have to say this, David chose the right girl to marry. Priscilla is EXTREMELY naive so she will never ever suspect anything or think twice about anything that he does. She seems like the perfectly submissive wife who feels great about being her husband's little follower. I agree that her disposition is very infantile. Shame on her parents for sheltering her. I was in shock to find out that she is older than Anna. Something is definitely off... thats for damn sure. :think:

You know, I have to say that I don't agree David is gay. I mean, haven't we learned in recent years that sexuality is a fluid thing, that the qualities we have traditionally associated with masculinity and femininity are not (or perhaps shouldn't be) so clear-cut? Sure he's not a "manly" man. He'd rather be whipping up a batch of muffins or skipping down a mountain path with his "best friend" than drinking beer and going hunting in a 4x4. But why does that mean he's gay?

He's sheltered, dorky, immature, reedy-voiced and has some weird personal attributes, but I've known guys like that and it had no bearing on their desire to have sex (and or a fulfilling long-term relationship) with a woman.

Now, I will grant you that I don't have the best "gaydar" (incidentally, a term I'm not really fond of) but even though I see there is overwhelming agreement about his tastes, I'm not convinced.

You know, I have to say that I don't agree David is gay. I mean, haven't we learned in recent years that sexuality is a fluid thing, that the qualities we have traditionally associated with masculinity and femininity are not (or perhaps shouldn't be) so clear-cut? Sure he's not a "manly" man. He'd rather be whipping up a batch of muffins or skipping down a mountain path with his "best friend" than drinking beer and going hunting in a 4x4. But why does that mean he's gay?

He's sheltered, dorky, immature, reedy-voiced and has some weird personal attributes, but I've known guys like that and it had no bearing on their desire to have sex (and or a fulfilling long-term relationship) with a woman.

Now, I will grant you that I don't have the best "gaydar" (incidentally, a term I'm not really fond of) but even though I see there is overwhelming agreement about his tastes, I'm not convinced.

I agree. Gender presentation isn't the same as sexuality. My brother wore dresses as a child, everyone was convinced he'd turn out gay; surprise surprise, he's straight as an arrow.

Did anyone else catch this quote? It is on the Priscilla's Story part of their website.

As I came to my special rock half way around the lake, I was praying for David and for my family, but I did not understand why there was no emotion. I hardly sensed God’s presence at all. It seemed especially odd because I had so looked forward to this last time around the lake before traveling back to Chicago and beginning a courtship relationship with David.

I cried out to the Lord as I headed back to the lodge: “Lord, I know that love is not an emotion! Please show me what you are doing.†Jogging down the road, the Lord reminded me of the road He trod to Calvary. That was certainly not a road of emotion.

So she feels no emotion for him and compares marrying him to being crucified? That is some fucked up stuff right there.

And his half of the love story: he decided not to even consider marriage until he was 25, then wanted to wait until he was 28. But his parents told him otherwise.

My parents asked me what my goals were for the next year to five years, etc. I knew where they were going with this. I told them that I was kind of in an interesting situation in that I had just worked through some problems at the ministry where I was serving that put a bad wrap on a single guy pursuing a single girl on the ministry campus. I mentioned that though I was confident Priscilla was the only one I could picture ever pursuing in marriage, I also was fine to wait until I was older. I casually mentioned that since Dad did not get married until he was twenty-eight, maybe I should also wait till I turned twenty-eight. Then, if she was still available, then I knew she was the one. My mom, being a very candid communicator, exclaimed, “Chicken! If God has placed all these confirmations in front of you, maybe you should move forward in the light He has given you.†Deep down in my spirit, I knew this was right.

And what do you think the bolded refers to?

I step away for ONE DAY and this happens! I'm still catching up on the comments. Man, that it's going to suck for that kid to wind up more mature than it's mom by age six.

I'm betting Michelle somehow claims this baby is hers through some little-known old testament rite she made up.

I'm sure he meant to say "bad rap." I think Gothard discourages open relationships between his worker bees at HQ, aside from engagements, because it could rub off on the other robots "employees" (does he even pay someone like Pris who worked at those Indoctrination camps as both a counselor (for girls' camps) and cook/slave (for other groups...barely seen, never heard, esp. w/boys' and Dads' camps) over the course of two summers?

I agree. Gender presentation isn't the same as sexuality. My brother wore dresses as a child, everyone was convinced he'd turn out gay; surprise surprise, he's straight as an arrow.

For me my suspicion that he might be gay stems more from the ways he speaks about/interacts with Priscilla. Though he could just not like her specifically, I suppose. It just makes me think of how gay people interact with their beards, which is what Priscilla might be to him. Just a suspicion though. And a tragic one if it's true. But a fundie gay guy marrying a woman I'm sure happens with sad frequency.

HOLY SHIT! Daniel kind of looks like Mr. Keller in the Polaroid on the announcement page.

Also, Mr. Keller has aged horribly.

Even my husband who has no gaydar whatsoever - a guy who thought my brother who has some "tells" - was straight because he was in his Wisconsin lumberjack garb got his gaydar pinged by David. When I watched it again a couple of nights ago (didn't want to give them ratings by watching sooner), it stood out even more. He's either gay or the biggest metero in the world.

This is a 26 year old that I can't even picture in anything less than chinos and a collared shirt, tie and sweater vest, most likely argyle. And the hair! Makes me want to pull my shoulder-length locks out, screaming in horror. I wonder how much control he now has over what Pris wears? These days, Anna only matches Smuggar if they're doing a photoshoot or a Today Show appearance; the matchy-matchy train has left her station.

I wonder how much control he now has over what Pris wears?

Relationships shouldn't be about dressing like you're going to put on a color guard performance at the drop of a hat.

Did anyone else catch this quote? It is on the Priscilla's Story part of their website.

So she feels no emotion for him and compares marrying him to being crucified? That is some fucked up stuff right there.

And his half of the love story: he decided not to even consider marriage until he was 25, then wanted to wait until he was 28. But his parents told him otherwise.

And what do you think the bolded refers to?

I don't know, but his mother's reactions seems like she knew that if he waited any longer they would have to deal with him coming out of the closet. Better to marry him off before he brings (what they consider) shame to the family name. :roll:

I agree. There are plenty of gay men who are completely masculine and straight guys who are very femme. The weirdness in the way they interact with each other is probably because of the sheltered way they were brought up than anything about Dave's sexual preference.

I don't know, but his mother's reactions seems like she knew that if he waited any longer they would have to deal with him coming out of the closet. Better to marry him off before he brings (what they consider) shame to the family name. :roll:

I get that feeling also. How often do mothers take their 24 yo sons out to dinner to tell them they need to get married STAT? One of my stepsons married that young (actually younger), but his now-wife had been dating him for a while, he had a degree/solid job, and she was too awesome to leave on the market any longer. We did not pressure him at all or even ask about it because he was still barely older than a teenager, and we were surprised he proposed when they were so young. I mean, we understood but we were not expecting it at such a young age.

And it sounds like Priscilla was less than enthusiastic. I cannot remember the last time I heard love compared to crucifixion.

David is over the top deluded. He hasn't just drunk the Kool-Aid, he's steeped in it. Deeply closeted gay man + Gothard upbrining + courtship = one extremely screwed up guy. So this is what he has to do to keep living the lie.

And don't get me started on Pris. She's living the lie too.

David is over the top deluded. He hasn't just drunk the Kool-Aid, he's steeped in it. Deeply closeted gay man + Gothard upbrining + courtship = one extremely screwed up guy. So this is what he has to do to keep living the lie.

And don't get me started on Pris. She's living the lie too.

It's not her fault. She has only one blueprint of what to look for in a guy and no clue about "gay." She an unconscious victim in all of this. She can't be oblivious because that implies some kind of denial; if she doesn't think gay men exist in Gothardland, she's not complicit, she's a naive victim. She was turning 26 (she's two months older than him; a Staddon wished David happy birthday yesterday - Pris's birthday is July 3) and didn't have a husband. He was there and was Gothard royalty. Even if there were suspicions, the Kellers are so low on the Gothard totem poll - no way they could call out the sainted Wallers.

It IS interesting that mother has possibly had her suspicions and pushed the match sooner rather than later.

It's not her fault. She has only one blueprint of what to look for in a guy and no clue about "gay." She an unconscious victim in all of this. She can't be oblivious because that implies some kind of denial; if she doesn't think gay men exist in Gothardland, she's not complicit, she's a naive victim. She was turning 26 (she's two months older than him; a Staddon wished David happy birthday yesterday - Pris's birthday is July 3) and didn't have a husband. He was there and was Gothard royalty. Even if there were suspicions, the Kellers are so low on the totem poll

I don't think Priscilla even has a clue, if David is indeed gay that is.

They are taught that sex is for reproduction and that controlling yourself is so very important, so she probably would see any sexual weirdness as being super Godly. They will just be the only couple who actually lives by Gothard's rules, while assuming everyone else does.

My gaydar was developed over years of having LGBT friends and relatives. I don't think Priscilla has had that experience. And also, as someone else pointed out, people can put out mixed signals while still being straight. Hard to say, fun to speculate.

their courtship story just makes me so sad...especially when i compare it to my own experience of dating, getting engaged to, and marrying my husband. I knew he was who i wanted and i would NEVER have just happily waited for 3 years and hoped that he was still around and available to marry me. It is just such a contrast to the excitement, love, and joy that i felt (and still feel) about my spouse. My best guess is that Pris wanted to be married (she's getting old!) and David was the first one who asked. With her mentality who knows how long she would've had to wait for another offer...

I don't think Priscilla even has a clue, if David is indeed gay that is.

They are taught that sex is for reproduction and that controlling yourself is so very important, so she probably would see any sexual weirdness as being super Godly. They will just be the only couple who actually lives by Gothard's rules, while assuming everyone else does.

My gaydar was developed over years of having LGBT friends and relatives. I don't think Priscilla has had that experience. And also, as someone else pointed out, people can put out mixed signals while still being straight. Hard to say, fun to speculate.

I consider sexuality to be a line. A few individuals will be strait or gay. All of the others are somewhere in between. I for instance do prefer men but I will not shy away from looking at an attractive women. I can admire them without thinking that I am going to go to hell or questioning my sexuality.

Archived