IGNORED

Breaking MAXWELL news/Liz cancelled the wedding to Joe

Lillybee

I thought the same thing. :? Not the most enticing snack... oh wait, we're talking about the Maxwells. :naughty:

That bag will last them the entire duration of their extended (what some may call a) vacation. Each one divvied up into 8 pieces ought to get them through splendidly!

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they should have a seminar on how to deal with a broken courtship. They should have some expertise in that now. It's probably a more common issue than we think.

From the comments:

Adele on August 14, 2012 at 3:09 pm said:

Sometimes it lasts in love and sometimes it hurts instead. Praying for you all.

Rolling in the deep well of His mercy,

Adele

:lol:

From the comments:

Will someone come forward and claim that gem? I'd like to buy them a drink and a pony.

From the comments:

I think I literally just busted a rib laughing.

I bet "Adele" also goes by "Ned and Maud". I cracked up when I read that. I wonder if some of the other commenters know that comment is a joke. I'm sure some of the people who comment on the Maxwell blog are fundie lite who might know some pop culture.

Will someone come forward and claim that gem? I'd like to buy them a drink and a pony.

It was me.

...yeah, right, I should be so genius. Are we above bombing their comments with similarly tweaked song lyrics?

It was me.

...yeah, right, I should be so genius. Are we above bombing their comments with similarly tweaked song lyrics?

:clap: Love you.

From the comments:

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

This is a new kind of trolling that I think I could get on board with! :music-singing:

If Steve does read here, he may not think to look up Adele. Out of all the fundies, I think Maxwells are the easiest to bomb when it comes to comments. I bet Sarah probably saw the "Adele" comment and thought "Adele must have a way with comfort words".

From the Maxhell blog comments:

I am truly sorry to hear this. I can’t even imagine how painful this is for Joseph and Elizabeth, and their families too. It is a blessing that they maintained purity during their hands off courtship and engagement, at least they won’t have regrets or shame about loss of virtue.

Bolding mine.

The hell? This trainwreck is made so much nicer because these two poor kids never even held hands?

Am I nuts? I could swear there was a comment on the Muncks' blog praising the no-touch courtship, but I can't see it now.

I think I literally just busted a rib laughing.

Oh man, I hadn't checked that thread today, moving on to the trail mix and pictures of fruit. I figured it was just going to be the same shit, different day.

"Adele," I am not worthy! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ok, has anyone else noticed Stevie's reply to Rosemary's comment today??? (In regards to a question about putting up a recipe)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In time they’ll get it up. Maybe a post on making them.

Ok, I've already admitted to having the humor of a 12 year old, but seriously, did he not realize???

I'll show myself out...

Oh man, I hadn't checked that thread today, moving on to the trail mix and pictures of fruit.

Actually, the comment is under the most recent "headed for the mountains Thursday" post.

So has anyone else noticed that Mrs. Mairi hasn't been first in line to offer her sympathies to Joseph over the engagement breaking up? I wonder if she's laying low after her exposure here (which I'm still trying to wrap my mind around).

Also, what the fuck is with some of these comments? Honestly.

"Becky on August 13, 2012 at 7:45 pm said:

My heart goes out to Joseph and Elisabeth, but it is so encouraging seeing the notes here, in light of the sad news. In the world around us everyone would be in criticism of someone doing something as Elisabeth has done. But we know the importance of marrying through God’s guidance and pray for hearts to be mended. Hebrews 13:5b says, †I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.†God will get everyone through this."

No, dear Becky, no we are not condemning Elisabeth. In fact, we're over here throwing a merry old party that "the Spirit" "spoke" to her and told her she was not to marry Joseph because she dodged an epically large bullet in doing so. What she did takes nerve and guts, and all too many girls would not listen to their hearts, to God, to their sixth sense, whatever you want to call it. That's what we should condemn, that women feel too pressured to say no even when they think it's a bad idea.

And this one:

"We are truly sad for your hurting hearts. Thank you for the privilege of rejoicing and grieving with you. We are praying for both families to be comforted and healed by our gracious Lord.

Kim C and family"

The privilege? What? Steve-o, my man, you are becoming an idol unto your followers. Better nip that shit in the bud ASAP.

The Adele comment is genius. Absolute genius. I bow down to you. :clap:

In a way I hope that the broken engagement and experiences with the Maxwells, might lead the Muncks to becoming less conservative again. They have become more hardcore over the years, but I hope this makes them rethink some of their beliefs and how they have changed.

Uplifting comment submitted. Don't know if it'll make it through and it's not as brilliant as Adele, but if it does, you'll know it's me because I had to refrain from telling Joseph to let his colors burst brighter than the moon, moon, moon.

Actually, the comment is under the most recent "headed for the mountains Thursday" post.

See it now! I guess I read the post before "Adele" slipped that one in. :lol:

And this one:

"We are truly sad for your hurting hearts. Thank you for the privilege of rejoicing and grieving with you. We are praying for both families to be comforted and healed by our gracious Lord.

Kim C and family"

I wonder if this was Kim Coghlan. We already know she's an idiot.

I posted the identical message to the Munck blog (3rd down) as I did to the Maxwell blog (4th from last) and guess what?

Maxes edited out the first line making "Ruby" just another Maxwell fan girl or yes man.

Muncks posted it as submitted.

I now wonder how many other comments have been edited making everyone appear to gush forth lovely platitudes in agreement with the Maxwell Family.

Is anyone surprised? No. Didn't think so.

I posted the identical message to the Munck blog (3rd down) as I did to the Maxwell blog (4th from last) and guess what?

Maxes edited out the first line making "Ruby" just another Maxwell fan girl or yes man.

Muncks posted it as submitted.

I now wonder how many other comments have been edited making everyone appear to gush forth lovely platitudes in agreement with the Maxwell Family.

Is anyone surprised? No. Didn't think so.

What an ass. Anything to preserve Steve-o's mighty ego, even the truth, if it makes his "ministry" look bad. You're right...not surprised at all.

I didn't notice any comments from Mrs. Mari. Did anyone else? Conincidence? No way. Stevie is pissed. Must feel like his little kingdom is under attack.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived