IGNORED

Breaking MAXWELL news/Liz cancelled the wedding to Joe

Lillybee

Is it just me or is there a significant disconnect between their planned trip to Colorado to "grieve" and the fact that everyone is SMILING in all their prep pictures? I assume that they are just "keeping sweet" but WTH? If they are in fact grieving then maybe they should look like they're grieving, right? Otherwise I might be lead to believe that they are actually happy that the wedding was called off.

If I were Sarah I would be secretly kinda happy. The others are just so brainwashed. Like Mary, she's always so genuinely happy looking. She has no idea what she's missing out on in life.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it just me or is there a significant disconnect between their planned trip to Colorado to "grieve" and the fact that everyone is SMILING in all their prep pictures? I assume that they are just "keeping sweet" but WTH? If they are in fact grieving then maybe they should look like they're grieving, right? Otherwise I might be lead to believe that they are actually happy that the wedding was called off.

It is a little odd, but at least they don't have pictures of poor Joe posing and pretending to be happy about packing up the bus.

It is a little odd, but at least they don't have pictures of poor Joe posing and pretending to be happy about packing up the bus.

Joe should make a fire pit in his new backyard, invite the neighbours for a pig roast and get drunk with John, while the rest of them ride off into the sunset with Uriah.

Other than a few photos with Susannah Joy, I don't EVER recall seeing a photo where the Maxwells weren't smiling. It's part of the rule book-- suppress every emotion and grin like an idiot no matter what. I can't imagine how soul destroying it is to never allow yourself a human moment. So many of these people--women and girls especially--seem so brainwashed and beaten into submission. That there haven't been more tragedies along the lines of Andrea Yates is a mystery to me. I'm sure she too was smiling as she drowned her children... :(

It infuriates me when people say "Oh but look how HAPPY they are..." Of course they look happy. They'd damn well better.

Joe should make a fire pit in his new backyard, invite the neighbours for a pig roast and get drunk with John, while the rest of them ride off into the sunset with Uriah.

That would be nice, too bad it will never happen though. I wish they'd let Joe opt out of the trip or drive up later if he wanted. Maybe a few days to be by himself would be good for him?

I think it's good Joseph's got an opportunity to be busy on Friday and Saturday in order to give him a distraction from what WOULD have been going on instead. But none of us knows exactly what kind of guy he is -- would he rather be alone or rather be distracted? Even HE probably doesn't know how to manage the grief so he's letting his family tell him how. Ugh. I really hope Elizabeth is staying busy this weekend, too.

Yeah it's that bottom pic that mostly has me wondering. I can only say "wondering" just because absolutely they seem the most anti-pants people ever to the point of HIKING in skirts, so it's definitely "what? Can't compute..." I suppose we'll see what happens in Colorado!

Maybe Steve has finally flipped his lid and is in the corner crying and sucking his thumb so the fam has gone all liberal and went to Old Navy for some < scandalous> loose-fit capris!

:greetings-clappingyellow:

I saw the one from "Katy", too. Great job!

I saw the "Carrie" comment a few minutes ago, but I didn't notice the "Katy" comment until you mentioned it.

Katy on August 14, 2012 at 10:38 pm said:

Joseph, you’re in my thoughts and prayers. May the tranquility of the mountains restore your heart in this time of grieving. But I promise you, if you only knew what the future holds, after a hurricane comes a rainbow.

And yes, please share the energy bar recipe when you return! Yum!

I wonder if Sarah will ever do a blog posting about the energy bar recipe on Katy's request. :lol:

I was thinking what a contrast this break-up was to my son's first girlfriend/breakup.

His first real girlfriend came into his life when he was 15, and they dated for a year. Their relationship was so cute - they really liked each other, talked on the phone, texted, went on dates (since he couldn't drive, dh & I drove them to the movies, or dinner, or a coffee house, or wherever). Anyway, when we learned we were going to be moving 2500 miles away, they both decided together that it would be unrealistic to continue a long-distance relationship, and made the difficult but mature decision to break up. My son was sad for a few days - I mean, they were together for a YEAR - but he was mature about it. He wasn't nearly as devastated as the whole Maxwell family is. I think if those Maxwell kids were allowed to date, they would experience much less heartache than thinking that any boy-girl relationship has to be only for marriage.

Mine just made it through intact. I don't speak fundie, but I cloaked the "Firework" lyric with so much blather that it made it past the sensors/censors.

:clap:

I saw the "Carrie" comment a few minutes ago, but I didn't notice the "Katy" comment until you mentioned it.

I wonder if Sarah will ever do a blog posting about the energy bar recipe on Katy's request. :lol:

I hope my post from Wally gets through- Gotye's Somebody I used to know is perfect for this occasion.

Steve, you haven't been living in that cave of your own making this long! Really! :lol:

Tammy on August 15, 2012 at 12:29 pm said:

I’m sorry to hear of this. Sometimes it’s hard to be a woman, deciding which man to give your heart to, and we should pray for them as they make their decisions. In life we have bad times and we have good times, and sometimes things we don’t understand. But if we love our fellow man, we forgive them. Praying for you all for strength from the LORD.

I wonder if that is Aunt Tammy. Doesn't Steve have issues with her or something? I remember it being brought up in another thread.

Steve, you haven't been living in that cave of your own making this long! Really! :lol:

:angelic-green: :angelic-green: :angelic-green: :angelic-green: :angelic-green:

I tried to find the Carrie, Katy, and Adele comments and I couldn't. Were they on the "Broken Hearts" post? If so, they've been expunged from the blog as thoroughly as joy is from the Maxwell lives.

ETA: Found Carrie. I must have just been looking on the wrong post.

These song lyric comments are priceless! So funny!! :lol:

Such isolated people. How can you live like that? The younger kids, of course, don't know anything different. But Steve and Teri, who must have lived mostly "normal" lives before they got all chock full of Jesus CHOSE this, not only for themselves but for eight more people!! How selfish and controlling and egotistic. And then because they are so much better than everyone else they must "minister" to others. There are just no words. :angry-screaming:

Guest Anonymous

This. The only chance for those 'children' is if they could take some time out to interact with normal people and reflect a little.

Sarah really doesn't look healthy in that latest post. Compare her to Mary, who is not exactly fat, Sarah looks thin and pinched :( I hope she is taking care of herself.

Wow, I haven't been on FJ for a few days and I come back to read this! I always thought things were moving way too fast. Off to read the rest of the 24 pages.

Guest Anonymous
Sarah really doesn't look healthy in that latest post. Compare her to Mary, who is not exactly fat, Sarah looks thin and pinched :( I hope she is taking care of herself.

Sarah was probably dreading being the 'old maid' at the little brother's wedding and now feels wracked with guilt that Joe was dumped, and in despair of ever finding a headship for herself.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived