IGNORED

Breaking MAXWELL news/Liz cancelled the wedding to Joe

Lillybee

Doh.

Eh, I don't listen to much country music, and she was popular before I as even born, so it's just not my bag, baby. :ugeek:

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard Stand By Your Man several times before, I don't know a lot of the lyrics to it though. Maybe Steve O didn't remember it. I did laugh at the lyric related comments, but later on I felt said for the Maxwell kids because if they weren't fundie, they might be listening to at least one of those women. But maybe they have seen them on magazines at the grocery store checkout aisles.

Eh, I don't listen to much country music, and she was popular before I as even born, so it's just not my bag, baby. :ugeek:

Me neither, I absorbed it through cultural osmosis - something the Maxwell kids will never know.

Me neither, I absorbed it through cultural osmosis - something the Maxwell kids will never know.

I can hum the chorus! :whistle:

When I heard about Elizabeth breaking it off, the lyric "sometimes it's hard to be a woman" came into my head for some reason, so that's why I chose Tammy.

The Maxwell family seem to be doing well with the broken engagement. I don't blame them for showing smiles. It's a broken engagement of someone they barely knew, not a death in the family. What are they suppose to do? Cry and mope? Ok, I expect Joseph to be heartbroken but the rest of the family? I would be worried if they were depressed about this too. I'm glad they are going ahead with their trip because it would get them away from what's happened. Maybe the introspection will cause some to realize what a crock they've been told. What's probably going to happen on this trip is this will reinforce Steve's authority over everyone. Somehow, everyone will come out realizing how right Steve was and how this broken engagement proves that Steve was right....

I walked into Subway tonight to grab dinner and 'Rolling In The Deep' was playing. I had to stop myself before I burst out laughing so I wouldn't appear like a lunatic.

:lol:

I know I came up with

8PfMt.jpg

without having seen it first, but I doubt I was the only one to have thought of it.

I lurve you. Quite completely and totally!

These song lyric comments are priceless! So funny!! :lol:

Such isolated people. How can you live like that? The younger kids, of course, don't know anything different. But Steve and Teri, who must have lived mostly "normal" lives before they got all chock full of Jesus CHOSE this, not only for themselves but for eight more people!! How selfish and controlling and egotistic. And then because they are so much better than everyone else they must "minister" to others. There are just no words. :angry-screaming:

To be fair. I only recognise one of the song lyrics posted and I'm not sheltered. I just don't listen to the radio much and prefer songs without lyrics.

It looks like they'll give him a little time to heal in Colorado, and then it's right back to the dog and pony show.

But will he be allowed any time alone? He needs some alone time to mourn. I doubt he'll get it. I really wish he'd tell Steve to shove it, and move into his house as a bachelor.

But will he be allowed any time alone? He needs some alone time to mourn. I doubt he'll get it. I really wish he'd tell Steve to shove it, and move into his house as a bachelor.

He couldn't mourn the loss of Elizabeth and the demise of their engagement, because he never knew her. He may be sad about the idea of a lost marriage, but he can't mourn someone he never had.

I lurve you. Quite completely and totally!

Thanks, MJB (or is that Alvy Singer?).

Whew! We're just an onslaught of pop culture references that the Maxwells will never get, aren't we? :lol:

Just checked out today's post from Maxhell. The socks Mary has on (when she is taking a break from her duties at the Maxhell Prison Compound) are NASTY dirty. I can't believe Steve-o would ever let one of his perfect children be photographed wearing dirty socks. I also can't believe the inmates are allowed to take a break in Maxhell. It looks like she's been walking around outside in her sock feet or their floors in the compound are filthy dirty. The prisoners are slipping in completion of their chores.

Ha, her socks remind me of my 10yo's. We do not wear shoes in the house and we all leave our shoes on a rack by the front door. However, my 10yo, little stinker that she is, constantly sneaks outside without slipping her shoes on and her socks get filthy. The first thing I thought when I saw that pic of Mary was that she had been outside in her socks.

Dumb comment left on their blog;

Jennifer on August 15, 2012 at 8:28 am said:

"Isn’t it wonderful how God, in His great wisdom and grace, knew ahead of time the pain that your family would need to regroup from and so this trip was already lined up?! I love how gentle God is. I read about the cancelled wedding and my heart broke so deeply for all of you in the pain you must be going through. Thank you for sharing your joys and your pains with us. You family is a wonderful example of faith. I pray for God’s healing balm to reach deeply into your hearts and lives as a family during this time. As a side note, thank you for continuing to share the progress on Joseph’s home. I was thinking that might stop but it is exciting to see you continuing to work on it and to share that with us. Blessings upon you and may your trip be filled with God’s presence and peace."

So God, who supposedly cooked up this whole wedding idea, knew ahead of time it wouldn't go on, so he arranged this trip because he knew the Maxwells would need healing.

But why didn't he, uh, just not lead Joseph to propose to Elizabeth in the first place?

And why did he lead Joseph to want to be married, but told Elizabeth not to go ahead with it?

And I'm a little miffed that God never planned a trip for me, damn it!

Ha, her socks remind me of my 10yo's. We do not wear shoes in the house and we all leave our shoes on a rack by the front door. However, my 10yo, little stinker that she is, constantly sneaks outside without slipping her shoes on and her socks get filthy. The first thing I thought when I saw that pic of Mary was that she had been outside in her socks.

I can't believe Steve-o would let anyone slip outside without shoes. I'm surprised he doesn't have alarms on the doors.

Sadly, I have to wear shoes all the time- stupid plantar fasciitis. No bare feet. No fun in Diva Land.

So God, who supposedly cooked up this whole wedding idea, knew ahead of time it wouldn't go on, so he arranged this trip because he knew the Maxwells would need healing.

But why didn't he, uh, just not lead Joseph to propose to Elizabeth in the first place?

For the same reason God is so great at finding people to come in the middle of the night to dig Uriah out of the pavement when he sunk in the road and got stuck, but didn't think to lay it on the Maxwells' collective heart that perhaps driving a giant roadie bus packed full o' merch on iffy small town roads up in Alberta in extreme early April might not be the best of ideas.

God. He works in mysterious ways, apparently.

(April 2011, for the curious.)

For the same reason God is so great at finding people to come in the middle of the night to dig Uriah out of the pavement when he sunk in the road and got stuck, but didn't think to lay it on the Maxwells' collective heart that perhaps driving a giant roadie bus packed full o' merch on iffy small town roads up in Alberta in extreme early April might not be the best of ideas.

God. He works in mysterious ways, apparently.

(April 2011, for the curious.)

Ahhhhh, the great Uriah debacle of 2011. Good times. The action-packed 25 part mini-series about getting a bus out of a pot hole, priceless.

I can't believe Steve-o would let anyone slip outside without shoes. I'm surprised he doesn't have alarms on the doors.

Sadly, I have to wear shoes all the time- stupid plantar fasciitis. No bare feet. No fun in Diva Land.

Ugh, divadivine, I feel your pain (literally). I just had surgery in June and going barefoot can be HELL if I happen to step on the tiniest thing, like a stray piece of kitty litter that escaped the box or got tracked onto the carpet. Interestingly, I tried on a pair of boots for winter, about a 3" heel, and they were FAR more comfortable than the damn flats I've worn all summer while recovering (and snarking here because I was housebound for about a month).

As for Mary, definitely got outside with the socks on. No way Steve-o would allow Duggaresque floor filth in his compound.

[

Diva, ugh...do we know for certain that he doesn't ?!? *barfing emoticon*

Diva, ugh...do we know for certain that he doesn't ?!? *barfing emoticon*

I wouldn't doubt it. Steve-o is such a control freak. They probably have cameras on the doors and in the children's bedrooms so they can watch to make sure they don't sin.

I wear socks with my Crocs and they get dirty like that even though I'm wearing shoes. Maybe Mary had been wearing her Crocs outside and same thing happened.

I am surprised that Steve allowed a picture of Mary with bare calves on the blog. She really is pretty there.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived