IGNORED

Thimble Thoughts...

Deleted07

Figured I'd start a thread for this blog.

kristi71.blogspot.com

Anyone see the latest posts?

Long story short Soda is deceptive!!! Artificial sweeteners are bad!

Chic-Fila-A however is perfectly acceptable, of course because they are for whats good!. (even though my research says they use MSG, I believe).

Care to share anything?, thoughts, opinions?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda wonder what prevented her from reading the label before she made the purchase. And just what is 'pure' soda?

I've always thought thimble referred to her brain capacity.

hehehe right on with the Thimble capacity! :lol: I also thought the same, if you are seriously THAT concerned with those kind of chemicals, you generally would read the label. My best friend is a label lover, and that's fine! But the difference between Kristi and my friend is, my friend hates all chemicals, like MSG and HFCS etc.

I left a comment on her blog, asking her respectfully how she feels about the MSG, HFCS and anti-foaming chemicals that are contained in the chic-fil-a foods. Doubt I'll get a response.

I'm a label reader myself, so I was startled that she never checked. I shouldn't have been, I should have just considered the source.

Yeah, artificial sweeteners are bad, but I don't see her consuming sugar and other things in moderation either. In her blogs where she mentions food they are always eating unhealthy things like Crispy Creme donuts, candies, cakes and so on. Heck, except for their youngest son, they are all over weight. Also, in my opinion, if soda is only an occasional thing in your house why buy a shit load of it (even if the price is cheaper)? I occasionally drink a diet soda, and maybe even a regular soda (but "less occasionally"), but when I do, I just buy the one soda, not a shit load of it just because it's on sale for 5 bucks or whatever.

Also, I agree in that thimble surely describes her brain capacity!

I have reactions to aspartame, so I read labels, thus I know that practically all cheap store brands and most of the drinks manufactured by Pepsi under Schweppes and Canada Dry contain sugar AND artificial sweeteners. (Pepsi might not do that in the States, though.) So if you don't want something, you read labels before shopping, right?

Good thing I shop Coca Cola products,because they are kosher by default in most of the world. Not in Switzerland.

I'd have been just as pissed as her - if something doesn't say diet I would assume they use high fructose corn syrup and crap, but I'd be pretty pissed to find out it had aspartame. YUCK!!! I've never bought a soda that didn't SAY diet that had those in it. eww.... i'll be reading the labels from now on...but who am I kidding, I rarely drink soda and My Man won't drink generic, so.... ;-)

oh its an expose is it???? *snort* its on the stinking label, its not like they didn't put it on the label. And she's an idiot, the reason its not labeled "diet" is because its got some corn syrup in it.

I'm a label reader myself, so I was startled that she never checked. I shouldn't have been, I should have just considered the source.

Experiencedd, it happens to tons of people. I went to a friend's house in June, since I was eating vegan she kindly (on her own) checked the food she has at home - she buys a lot of ready made-processed items) and she was telling me how she hated having to check all the ingredients because she did not want to know what was in there.

I guess if you don't know, you can't blame yourself right? (in their mind of course)

When I go to a fast food outlet, I assume they will be seasoning to enhance the flavor and preserve the product, so I just don't go very often. Back in the day, I was an ingredient Nazi, then realized I was missing some of life's pleasures and life is short, either way. Hitting 50 reminded me that even if I lived to be 100 I was halfway there. Now, I'm nearly 2/3 rds of the way, so far, so good.

Experiencedd, it happens to tons of people. I went to a friend's house in June, since I was eating vegan she kindly (on her own) checked the food she has at home - she buys a lot of ready made-processed items) and she was telling me how she hated having to check all the ingredients because she did not want to know what was in there.

I guess if you don't know, you can't blame yourself right? (in their mind of course)

It's the ignorance is bliss theory IMHO.

The soda company responded to her complaint:

Monday, August 13, 2012

ABC's and 123's

After church last night, we stopped at Wal Mart and received a full refund for the sodas we posted. I did hear back from Cott Beverages.

This was their reply:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your recent experience

with Lemon Lime soda. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have

experienced. These products, sold at Walmart, are a reduced sugar formula. The

label does not and cannot read "Diet" as they contain a nutritive sweetener,

High Fructose Corn Syrup, and Aspartame. The label does meet all FDA

requirements because all ingredients are listed under the ingredients listing.

At Cott, we are committed to producing premium quality products. It is our

goal that every beverage leaving our facilities meets our rigid quality control

standards. As such, your comments have been shared with the appropriate

department to ensure quality excellence and consumer satisfaction.

Again, thank you for taking time to draw our attention to this matter. We

trust that you will continue to be a valued Wal-Mart customer.

Final comment from me:

Thank you for your reply. I have no doubt your product is FDA approved.

However, I do still feel the consumer should know straight up what your product

is about. Many people, like ourselves, stay away from Aspartame. When a product

says on the packaging that it is "diet" or even "Low in sugar" we pretty well

know there is going to be an artificial sweetener, such as Aspartame, in the

ingredients.

I did take the products back and received a full refund. In the future, I would

most likely purchase your product again, providing it was made without

artificial sweeteners and the packaging included "diet" or "Low in sugar."

Lesson learned on my part is to always read the ingredients and take nothing for

granted.

~~~~~

And thus concludes the soda drama.

I'm reading her blog in a lisp. The title makes more sense that way.

I read all of her posts in the voice of Cindy Brady, and I don't know why. There has to be something in her writing style that gives more than one person the lisp image!

I left a comment on her blog, asking her respectfully how she feels about the MSG, HFCS and anti-foaming chemicals that are contained in the chic-fil-a foods. Doubt I'll get a response.

She replied rather snarkily to my comment, considering I was actually quite genuine and nice about it:

My comment:

I agree that its scary all the chemicals that are in our foods!

But with all due respect, why is it not OK to drink aspartame in sodas. Yet it is OK to eat chic-fil-a food, that contains MSG, HFCS and anti-foaming chemicals?

I would be interested to hear your thoughts! :-)

Kristi said...

LOL, my thoughts, huh?

*CFA certainly isn't the only restaurant that serves food with MSG and HFCS ingredients. Pretty sure I know why you chose that one though.

*The ingredients you mentioned aren't exactly organic. I'll give ya that. And we're certainly not regulars at Hallalujah Acres. lol The only one that has ever truly concerned me is Aspartame. The FDA would never admit it, but studies have shown the terrible affects it can cause on the body. Releasing diseases laying dormant in the spine, joint decay, vision loss, etc... And I believe those findings to be true. Especially in the growing cases of MS, joint replacements, etc. :)

As for the others, I have no real thoughts on them. And that's just the truth of it. They're in pretty much absolutely everything. Do I wish they weren't. Sure. But i don't let them bother me as much as Aspartame.

~Kristi

Snarky little bitch, HELLO the problems you have with aspartame are the same with HCFCS AND MSG etc being just as bad if not WORSE that aspartame!!! Fucking hypocritical little douchebagged bitchy snipe!!!

PS; YOU Specfically mentioned chic-fil-a NOT ME, Touchy Touchy huh Kristi? Can't handle being called out on, can these fundies?

Kristi said...

LOL whatever.

~Kristi

yep definitely a thimble of sense and brain cell in there... what a wacko~

kristi71.blogspot.com No need to make it harder to get to a site by adding dot. Just leave off the http://www, then you don't need the dot. Off to read now.

May the Gods have mercy on me, but I was actually kind of glad I read that. Aspartame seriously screws me up - mainly it induces horrific panic attacks. If I ever drink pop/soda, it's Coke. DH has taken to bringing home generic brands of cola, and I never even bother to read the labels; I only drink it when my stomach is upset, not every day, so it's never popped into my head to check for aspartame. I'm so mortified to have been enlightened by a thimple little houthewife. But expose? Yeah, okay.

I don't think it's common to put aspartame in non-diet sodas in most of the US. While I'm pretty crunchy with most of my eating, my weakness is soda. (I'm of the type to figure that allowing in some of the bad stuff is better than occasionally going crazy and binging on it.) Generally my sodas are Coke, ginger ale, or generic Safeway stuff, with the occasional juice sweetened soda from the co-op thrown in, and I'm a label reader, as well as also sensitive to artificial sweeteners. None that I've found have any aspartame in them. All are sugar or corn syurp. I'm hoping that more go back to sugar with the issues with the corn crop this year.

(but I've found that people in general are not very food intelligent. I shop in season, freeze and can extras, shop sales or what is fresh and plan meals around them. I see so many people picking out a recipe to make without even considering any of the above. I have a meager budget and yet I can eat pretty well.)

She's a bit touchy, isn't she? Why do people start these blogs, allow comments, then go so upset when people disagree with them?

Love the blog about home schooling. Her son enjoys teasing his friends because he starts later than they do. There's a great life lesson: Mum thinks it is cute when you tease people. (Maybe she is a reasonable person but her writing style is too painful for me to keep reading.)

Oh good lord that heart cursor!!

I also like how she goes on about soda being an "occasional treat" but has to let us know that she bought a ton of them for so cheap. Dude. If soda is an occasional treat in your house you buy a bottle. Maybe a six pack. You don't load up your cart with the cheapest crap you can find.

I don't get a heart cursor - just the normal arrow. Obviously I am not a speshul litl snowflake.

Edit: I've tried Firefox, Explorer and Chrome but still can't get the heart. Heading into major depression now.

I don't get a heart cursor - just the normal arrow. Obviously I am not a speshul litl snowflake.

Edit: I've tried Firefox, Explorer and Chrome but still can't get the heart. Heading into major depression now.

You GAVE AWAY all the pieces of your heart - there is none left for you!

Archived