IGNORED

What's up with Jocelyn??

Deleted05

Leandro: you describe yourself as a 'newbie' who was somehow duped by Jacque Dixon, but on looking back at your posting history, it looks to me as though you, from the outset of your communication with the Dixons, were already quite confident and bullish about your beliefs and it seems that you introduced JAcque to Craig Hill, and not the other way around...

hm, that wasn't how I read what Leandro said. I think (and I guess he'll be back to clarify) what he said was that he was duped into believing the Dixons were a good family by Jacque's outward display of godliness, not duped into believing the Hebrew roots theology. And I don't think he said that Jacque introduced him to Craig Hill. It was the teachings of the Ludys that got him into the Hill book.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

hm, that wasn't how I read what Leandro said. I think (and I guess he'll be back to clarify) what he said was that he was duped into believing the Dixons were a good family by Jacque's outward display of godliness, not duped into believing the Hebrew roots theology. And I don't think he said that Jacque introduced him to Craig Hill. It was the teachings of the Ludys that got him into the Hill book.

OK, thanks. I can see now that I misunderstood about the Craig Hill book.

On the other issues, I still see Leandro as a rather bullish, controlling young man who actively sought a relationship with the Dixons, and a courtship with Jocelyn. For sure, Jacque is not a stable woman, but it is hard to see how Leandro is a victim of that. Noone else on freejinger failed to see through Jacque.... It seems to me rather that Leandro found an attractive young girl that he fancied, and then hot-footed it over to her mother's blog to worm his way into her affections. And his introductory post was not a request to learn from Jacque, but rather an exhortation to her to learn from him. :think:

I always thought she came off as rude and immature. No matter how articulate she was, there was always a huge vein of passive-aggressive running right below the surface.

Ditto. There was always a sense that she was belittling people who didn't agree with her and that she was superior to everyone else. When she was just 17, she would write that she was wise beyond her years and that she knew more about God, relationships, and holiness than most people. But I think she's a clone of her mother. With that kind of attitude, no wonder neither of them have many friends now. I believe Leandro when he said they argue with and alienate everyone they know, no matter where they live. I wonder how they will manage in the workplace, where you have to learn to get along with people who may be radically different than you.

On the other issues, I still see Leandro as a rather bullish, controlling young man who actively sought a relationship with the Dixons, and a courtship with Jocelyn. For sure, Jacque is not a stable woman, but it is hard to see how Leandro is a victim of that. Noone else on freejinger failed to see through Jacque.... It seems to me rather that Leandro found an attractive young girl that he fancied, and then hot-footed it over to her mother's blog to worm his way into her affections. And his introductory post was not a request to learn from Jacque, but rather an exhortation to her to learn from him. :think:

But isn't that how it works in fundie land? The men teach the women, even younger men teaching older women and even women who are the mothers of the girls they want to marry.

Leandro may not have been a victim per se, but I personally believe he mistakenly bought in to Jacque's outward appearance of godliness. He's obviously not the only person to have done so; Jacque used to have a LOT of blog readers and she used to write for lots of homeschool sites. I guess when you're in the movement, you believe (or want to believe) what's being presented as a person's character. But the whole fundie movement is about outward appearance, right? It's a mindset. Leandro ended up in the same place as most of the rest of Jacque's acquaintances - realizing she's a nut case and not at all the person she claims to be.

FTR, I don't know Leandro personally and I think he was as theologically messed up as the Dixons.

I fell for Jacque's way of thinking for awhile as well and spent months trying to the TO stuff but in the end made myself miserable. I fell for the image Jacque gave off on her blog and I thought she was an amazing example of a "Godly" women. It wasn't until after their plans to costa rica gave way that the layers of Jacque started to come off and her true colors showed. She came off as so loving and warm on her blog, but heaven help you if you don't believe like she does or stop toeing the line god help you.

Leandro you mentioned the kids not having enough to eat some of the time - I always wondered when their stove broke and they went on their "raw food" kick what was really going on - was it just that they couldn't afford to really eat or clothe the kids? Also I think many of us have seen Jocelyn's passive-agressiveness, but what are the rest of the kids like?

Well, once I tried to chat with Rachel, but she rebuked me for attempting to talk with her sister's sister (to my standards at that time, I found it ok to friendly chat with other girls... maybe she thought I was going to flirt with her or something?) Rachel seems to have turned into Jocelyn's/Jacque's clone along the way.

I don't know much things about Eric. I didn't chat with him over skype.

Hannah is adorable. I think she could have some future potential to just get the hell out of that house, like Amanda did. I cheer for her.

The other siblings are very adorable, especially Caleb and Lucy. That will probably change as they grow up in that home, sadly.

Jacque didn't trim their hair on the sides because of that Jewish halacha.

What about Amanda? Did Jacque ever talked about her? What did she say? How did she spin that one (to make you both and fundifan think she was still godly)?

Ms. J is very rude. And both - she and her mother - love to say in their answers how snark forum this and that. They just can't keep off, lol. As if someone else's rudeness justifies rude answers back. But, like fundies like to think, we are to blame for every negative comment :) Oh no, no-one else could be behind certain kind of opinions.

Mrs. J shares a link to quite awful article about jews worshipping Lucifer. I also wonder where they are going to study. Or work, with lack of any kind of work experience other than web design and there are those 13 in a dozen.

Jocelyn hated Amanda for some reasons that I still don't get. t.

Jacque used to refer to Amanda as her best friend. Probably Jocelyn was jealous. Once Amanda left home, Jocelyn was the good daughter. And like I said earlier, Jocelyn seems to be an exact copy of Jacque. One wonders if Jocelyn is actually the one leading the family or at least influencing her mom to think a certain way.

I was thinking about Jacque's blogging history and it dawned on me that she has never said anything remotely close to "I was wrong," or "It was my fault," or even "I made a mistake." Everything that has gone wrong in her life she has blamed on other people - her former friends, her neighbors, her daughter, her husband, america, etc etc etc.

Yeah. Now that you mention, that is true. And every theological flip and change is explained by YHVH/Yah's path for them. Easy explanation. End of discussion. Maybe some passive-aggressive comments to show how others just don't get it like they do.

Ms. J. might think she is oh so witty in her answers but she only manages to sound whining teenager in childish angst. Immaturity reeks. As long as they share stupidities in public, they will be snarked. And I am prone to think they want attention. Too bad they don't want to use it for doing good.

Amanda was never Jacque's best friend Jacque always favored Jocelyn over Amanda. Jocelyn is teamed up with Jacque when it comes to calling the shots and always has been. Most of the stuff they have done or did was started because Jocelyn found abc and xyz in such passage this and that. That's how a lot of stuff took hold was that Jacque agreed and then ran with it.

Well, once I tried to chat with Rachel, but she rebuked me for attempting to talk with her sister's sister (to my standards at that time, I found it ok to friendly chat with other girls... maybe she thought I was going to flirt with her or something?) Rachel seems to have turned into Jocelyn's/Jacque's clone along the way.

I don't know much things about Eric. I didn't chat with him over skype.

Hannah is adorable. I think she could have some future potential to just get the hell out of that house, like Amanda did. I cheer for her.

The other siblings are very adorable, especially Caleb and Lucy. That will probably change as they grow up in that home, sadly.

Jacque didn't trim their hair on the sides because of that Jewish halacha.

Wait, you mean, like peyos? Did she leave them for Lucy, too?

How odd.

Amanda was never Jacque's best friend Jacque always favored Jocelyn over Amanda. Jocelyn is teamed up with Jacque when it comes to calling the shots and always has been. Most of the stuff they have done or did was started because Jocelyn found abc and xyz in such passage this and that. That's how a lot of stuff took hold was that Jacque agreed and then ran with it.

This is more what I noticed, even before Amanda left, she would complain about her on her blog on occasion. I don't understand how people could read that and think that she was a great, perfect person.

On the other issues, I still see Leandro as a rather bullish, controlling young man who actively sought a relationship with the Dixons, and a courtship with Jocelyn.

Leandro was enamored with my family and I for 2yrs, wrote about me in his journal, and was in awe that I would even be friends with "someone like him".... Can you imagine how he was when we got in engaged??? If I could describe Leandro in one word... I would probably choose insecure (not to mention impulsive, controlling, so freaking dramatic, and full of patriarchal bullshit) .... you think my homelife is bad? At least I was raised with the notion I could be and do something with myself. His sister, who I am good friends with, has verified different things regarding that. He can come off all tough and stable all he wants.

I am not a follower or defender of the Dixons, but I can't help feeling glad that Jocelyn dodged an almighty bullet when you broke off the engagement with her. :roll:

I totally did. Thank you, Leandro.

Guest Anonymous
After so many years, I thought maybe I'd join in on the conversation about what's going on with me.

I hope you read the rules and FAQ before jumping in. If so, then welcome to Free Jinger!

Have you and your family left fundamentalism and faux Judaism behind, then?

Guest Anonymous
Yes, I did, thanks.

And yes for about 6 months now.

Congratulations on getting out of a restrictive and gross religious system. I grew up fundie, but not nearly as fundie as your family. I'm still dealing with the fallout of leaving it behind ten years later. How do you feel that fundamentalism hurt your family? How did your parents decide that America isn't Babylon after all?

Do you have any plans/dreams for your life now?

How do you feel that fundamentalism hurt your family?

.... in different ways, some not clearly seen yet. But it did hurt our family structure and put down strengths and pressured weaknesses to excel because of gender roles. Pushed us into unnatural moulds as individuals.

How did your parents decide that America isn't Babylon after all?

By no longer accepting the validity of the Bible...

Do you have any plans/dreams for your life now?

Yes, I do, but the reason I didn't answer that question 'maturely' on my formspring is because I share important things - such as life goals and dreams - with people who are important to my life.

Are you going to revive Feelin' Feminine? How do you see the site's future now?

I plan to do something with it but I don't know how much time I will really have for it.

Archived