IGNORED

What's up with Jocelyn??

Deleted05

I couldn't care less whether you blog or not. When I used term 'in public' I meant Internet in general, this forum being such place. I did like your blog years ago, when you wrote about everyday life in a small farm, goat keeping, dogs, hens and such.

These later years were those that eventually brought you here to be snarked on. Those posts that advocated patriarchal system and two courtships/engagements/whatevers which were to be read openly. Those were decisions made by you. Of course your view of your writings and actions are different than someone else's but it is wisdom to understand that things can be understood differently even if they are not read through certain color glasses. Yes, some will read it like they want it to be. We all do this.

In general, I don't understand why people want to share so much personal information on Internet. I have friends who have told the smallest details of their children's health (with diagnoses) and all sort of photos. I have been able to control my information on web and I wish children nowadays could have same opportunity. Of course I cannot control what others write about me but heck, I am not snarked on forums either even though I am very active and passionate in social media of subjects dear to me. It is illegal here to google job seeker's information but it is certain employers do it. This will be problematic when you genuinely change but your virtual past will be seen and people will still judge you based on that.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another post because my bloody irritating phone doesn't want to edit post.

What do you think about evolution now? This interests me just because I study biology and environmental sciences :)

How come you deny advocating certain things like courtship when you spent years writing about it on your blog and feeling feminine that it was basically the only way I find it hard to believe everything you've spouted off on formspring. Another thing how come if your mom doesn't believe in Torah anymore how come she hasn't made an announcement on her blog and is still seeking donations isn't that a little deceptive?

I must admit that Jocelyn's incursion is one the most boring and deceitful attempts at fame whoring I've seen by a fundy visitor to FJ. Like those before her she denies the reality of what what she has written in the past and then lies and diverts to cover her tracks. Oh well.

I came to join in on this conversation as I saw fit.

I'm really tired of fundies coming here and using this line. They don't want to answer the hard questions or own why they said what they said, they just want to converse with us here at FJ. :roll:

Jocelyn I just don't understand (and to this you would probably respond - "who the heck cares it is my life" - and so be it, but you joined the conversation)...you say on your formspring that "your life's message should be loud and clear" - and for sure you lived up to that belief. But because of that there are a few things I just don't understand....

-Formspring - "never skirts only" - yet your posts on FF were SO strongly feminine dress and critical of those who did not that as a Christian with a blog I didn't feel as though I was "feminine" and worthy enough to join your blogroll.

-The Sabbath b.s. you talk about earlier on here - what about all the Torah/sabbath-honoring stuff you threw out.

-You say you were never for courtship yet there are endless posts on FF that advocated it

Believe what you want to believe. It is obviously a free world and your choice. I also understand that people can change their opinions. But I do have a problem when you go from being SO publicly judgmental and critical in your religious/lifestyle opinions and then go after others who call you out on your contradictory actions/stances. Why not just say my opinions changed and leave it at that?

Jocelyn I just don't understand (and to this you would probably respond - "who the heck cares it is my life" - and so be it, but you joined the conversation)...you say on your formspring that "your life's message should be loud and clear" - and for sure you lived up to that belief. But because of that there are a few things I just don't understand....

-Formspring - "never skirts only" - yet your posts on FF were SO strongly feminine dress and critical of those who did not that as a Christian with a blog I didn't feel as though I was "feminine" and worthy enough to join your blogroll.

-The Sabbath b.s. you talk about earlier on here - what about all the Torah/sabbath-honoring stuff you threw out.

-You say you were never for courtship yet there are endless posts on FF that advocated it

Believe what you want to believe. It is obviously a free world and your choice. I also understand that people can change their opinions. But I do have a problem when you go from being SO publicly judgmental and critical in your religious/lifestyle opinions and then go after others who call you out on your contradictory actions/stances. Why not just say my opinions changed and leave it at that?

I'm sorry that you felt that way. Really.

I did support and promote wearing skirts and I wore them. I won't deny that. But I won't say I was skirts-only because I wasn't. I also posted on the website (as far back as 2008) that I held the belief that there was nothing wrong with wearing pants.

I'm not sure what you're asking when you say 'what about' the Torah/sabbath honouring stuff.

I have published over 800 posts on FF and looking now, I see 7 of them mention courtship (that's like less than one percent). None of them are actually ABOUT courtship, or betrothal either. I don't understand where there are "endless posts" about courtship are.

I was judgmental and critical, but you all telling me or anyone else you judge and criticize on this forum is laughable. My opinions have changed and I will leave it at that.

We didn't. If we broke immigration law, CR gov wouldn't have let us back into the country on our visa exits. We went through 2 immigration points every time we exited the country and were approved to be in the country. They would have flagged us on our way our at the airport too if we had broken immigration law.

You have confused enforcement as to whether your family broke the law. Costa ricN tourist visas are not intended for staying indefinitely or working under the table.

http://www.costarica-embassy.org/index.php?q=node/72

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_t ... quirements

Just because you can renew it, doesn't mean you didn't do so by misrepresenting what you were (which is not a tourist)

You can give me links until your head pops off. The CR gov stamped my passport with an approved visa to be in their country.

*edited to correct spelling*

You can give me links until your head pops off. The CR gov stamped my passport with an approved visa to be in their country.

*edited to correct spelling*

And you and your family were violating said terms of that visa. You were not there as tourists, you were attempting to make money there and you planned to stay indefinitely. I have a tourist visa from cr in my passport too! So I know what the process entry and exit is like.

(I once brought something back without declaring it because I forgot until I got home. I have it, I didn't pay a duty. But I still was not in legal compliance. But at least mine wasn't explicitly lying and denial)

Guest Anonymous
Snickerdoodle needs to learn how to read.

You believing what I say or not isn’t going to be a determent to my existence.

You need to learn how to spell. "Determent" is not a word. I think you mean detriment.

I didn’t come here to work through any issues or meet up with people who have btdt.

Perfectly fine of course. I hope you find somewhere that you feel you can do that, maybe with a pro, because those chickens are going to come home to roost eventually.

And you and your family were violating said terms of that visa. You were not there as tourists, you were attempting to make money there and you planned to stay indefinitely. I have a tourist visa from cr in my passport too! So I know what the process entry and exit is like.

(I once brought something back without declaring it because I forgot until I got home. I have it, I didn't pay a duty. But I still was not in legal compliance. But at least mine wasn't explicitly lying and denial)

Oh, thanks for letting me know we were planning to stay there indefinitely. I didn't know.

"Attempting to make money." *rolls eyes* Yeah we were in with the scam-artists and mafia down there. Please, please, when you go report yourself, please report me too. Or maybe I will just contact the CR immigration lawyer who was helping us with the visa and residential process. I think it's time to get your panties out of a wad.

Oh, thanks for letting me know we were planning to stay there indefinitely. I didn't know.

"Attempting to make money." *rolls eyes* Yeah we were in with the scam-artists and mafia down there. Please, please, when you go report yourself, please report me too. Or maybe I will just contact the CR immigration lawyer who was helping us with the visa and residential process. I think it's time to get your panties out of a wad.

I didn't say you actually made money. But wasn't someone in your family trying to teach English for cash payments? Nor did I suggest you turn yourself in. What I did is say you were illegal immigrants which you denied. And I showed your proof of it, and then you said you had a fancy stamp, which you violated the terms of, by the words on your family's blog. Your exaggeration doesn't make my words untrue.

Guest Anonymous

http://www.audioenglish.net/dictionary/determent.htm

• DETERMENT (noun)

The noun DETERMENT has 1 sense:

1. a communication that makes you afraid to try something

Familiarity information: DETERMENT used as a noun is very rare.

I apologize, it is an archaic term but it is a word. I don't believe that you used it correctly in your sentence.

I thought she meant deterrent.

A thing that discourages or is intended to discourage someone from some act.

Typical Dixon spin. The message may have changed, but the messenger sure hasn't. Still the prideful arrogant person she's always been.

Typical Dixon spin. The message may have changed, but the messenger sure hasn't. Still the prideful arrogant person she's always been.

Pretty much. I don't think she owes me anything, she didn't peddle her shit to me. But she did peddle it to a lot of people...and I suppose she doesn't plan to tell anyone clearly...I was peddling a pile of shit.

Guest Anonymous

Fundamentalism turns some good people into nasty, closeminded, hateful assholes. Other people are nasty, closeminded, hateful assholes who happen to be fundamentalists, and this type stays that way even if they stop drinking the kool-aid.

I'm always disappointed when people turn out to be the second sort.

I didn't say you actually made money. But wasn't someone in your family trying to teach English for cash payments? Nor did I suggest you turn yourself in. What I did is say you were illegal immigrants which you denied. And I showed your proof of it, and then you said you had a fancy stamp, which you violated the terms of, by the words on your family's blog. Your exaggeration doesn't make my words untrue.

I will deny we were illegal immigrants. Whether we were living as tourists (touring) or on a tourist visa, we had permission to be in the country and the immigration offices knew exactly what we were doing as we had contact with them and sent them all our information. Yes, that was the plan - to teach english - but once we learned we couldn't do that in the country it was put on hold and in the end, never done.

Fundamentalism turns some good people into nasty, closeminded, hateful assholes. Other people are nasty, closeminded, hateful assholes who happen to be fundamentalists, and this type stays that way even if they stop drinking the kool-aid.

Ya'll sure are whiny. I was told this is "not a playground for little girls.... Deal with it."

I will deny we were illegal immigrants. Whether we were living as tourists (touring) or on a tourist visa, we had permission to be in the country and the immigration offices knew exactly what we were doing as we had contact with them and sent them all our information. Yes, that was the plan - to teach english - but once we learned we couldn't do that in the country it was put on hold and in the end, never done.

I know what the extension form you sent in looks like. Again, you aren't the only ones who have ever spent time there. You were illegal immigrants, whether it was enforced? Well it is a lot easier to be there while violating your visa than as a white American than it is to be a Nicaraguan day laborer.

I am just glad we confirmed you are a still a lying sack of shit :)

You all are perfect. Don't worry about it. Keep calm and snark on.

Ya'll sure are whiny. I was told this is "not a playground for little girls.... Deal with it."

And yet you still are doing an excellent imitation of one.

Archived