IGNORED

What's up with Jocelyn??

Deleted05

She seems to have fallen off the blogosphere in a way I never could have imagined. Feelin' Feminine's website is still under renovation, and several weeks ago had an announcement that it wouldn't be fully functioning until October. The Feelin' Feminine Facebook page is still relatively active (with a bunch of posts about breastfeeding and birth, no more Torah-speak) and the description includes:

Conveying a message of value and equality of women (and men), without either one needing to be dominate by a battle of the sexes through modern feminism (not to be confused with original feminism) or patriarchy.

I would never have imagined Jocelyn ever having something positive to say about feminism in general, and am rather curious to know what she defines as "original feminism."

I know she had those two failed pieces-of-your-heart-ships last year or so, and I wonder if those took her down a notch or two. Do any of our FJ super-sleuths know what's going on?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi here!

Jocelyn intrigues me quite a bit. The younger sister, Rachel, has a new url (inthesamewaydotcom), and she is no longer talking about torah or things related. She took a photo of herself a couple weeks ago and she seemed to be wearing (oh, the horror!) pants!!!!

Maybe they have left the craziness behind in Costa Rica? Or the older daughters, just like Amanda, realized that they don´t want to live like that anymore? They seem to be living with the mother´s brother (it´s on her facebook, and she wrote about it on her own blog) in New Mexico now.

She seems to have fallen off the blogosphere in a way I never could have imagined. Feelin' Feminine's website is still under renovation, and several weeks ago had an announcement that it wouldn't be fully functioning until October. The Feelin' Feminine Facebook page is still relatively active (with a bunch of posts about breastfeeding and birth, no more Torah-speak) and the description includes:

I would never have imagined Jocelyn ever having something positive to say about feminism in general, and am rather curious to know what she defines as "original feminism."

I know she had those two failed pieces-of-your-heart-ships last year or so, and I wonder if those took her down a notch or two. Do any of our FJ super-sleuths know what's going on?

The Dixons seem to be into some new, weird mix of Hebrew Roots and feminism. They're back in the US, even though they deemed it to be Babylon when they fled to CR. And, yeah, they're wearing pants and drinking wine and going to R-rated movies, when a few years ago it was dresses only, no alcohol, and no reading anything that wasn't Biblical (like not even Lord of the Rings).

And Jacque's writings seem to hint at some kind of a family split. In the past, these always ended up being about broken relationships with friends (whom they seem to have very few of these days), or with Amanda or Jacque's mom. But I'm wondering now if the marriage isn't on the rocks.

and how!

Now that you've had 2 failed courtships do you still rec. courtship?

smile

ROFL Are you kidding me???? That first one almost put me in a hell whole - did you see that guy?? - and the last one was f*cked up like the dickens.

Damn I didn't predict Jocyln to be the one to crack but then I don't know how long I'd put up with the Dixon family's batshittery before I started to realize what a crock of BS it really was.

She also said via Formspring no more blogging for her and she's moved back to the US. I wonder if she is living with her renegade sister.

Holy shit! Are we sure that's really her??? Feelin' Feminine was strangely addictive during the first few months of my fundy addiction.

Damn I didn't predict Jocyln to be the one to crack but then I don't know how long I'd put up with the Dixon family's batshittery before I started to realize what a crock of BS it really was.

She also said via Formspring no more blogging for her and she's moved back to the US. I wonder if she is living with her renegade sister.

None of them are living with Amanda. She's somewhere up in the northeast US, and the rest of them are in New Mexico, living with an extended family member. I have a feeling Mr. Dixon is not in either place, and that Jacque kicked him out.

ETA: I wonder when Jocelyn and Jacque are going to let their gentle readers know that they're now swearing, pants-wearing feminists.

Woah. Somewhere out there Lina's head is exploding. I wonder what exactly happened between Jocelyn and her two potential headships.

Holy shit! Are we sure that's really her??? Feelin' Feminine was strangely addictive during the first few months of my fundy addiction.

This. I'm glad she's finding some peace, if it's her. God in heaven, the Dixon's were into some major cray-cray. I can't wait to see what "original feminism" is as she was one of my gateways, via Maidens of Worth.

I am reading her formspring. I am quite surprised. BTW, I am joc's last "fiance". fundiefun can confirm that.

It's true he is the last fiance of Jocelyn. The Dixon clan was full of full on crazy more than anyone could have ever guessed.

It's true he is the last fiance of Jocelyn. The Dixon clan was full of full on crazy more than anyone could have ever guessed.

Forgive my ignorance, what is your connection to the family?

Forgive my ignorance, what is your connection to the family?

A close friend of one of their eldest daughter.

A close friend of one of their eldest daughter.

Thanks! It'll be interesting to watch all of this unfold.

Guest Anonymous
I am reading her formspring. I am quite surprised. BTW, I am joc's last "fiance". fundiefun can confirm that.

So who are you, and are you still fundie? My memory is hazy after the first fiance, do we know anything about you?

So who are you, and are you still fundie? My memory is hazy after the first fiance, do we know anything about you?

IIRC he was older, using weird words in every sentence and saying how much he was in love with J while he had not met her in person yet. But maybe I'm wrong.

Guest Anonymous

IIRC he was older, using weird words in every sentence and saying how much he was in love with J while he had not met her in person yet. But maybe I'm wrong.

I kind of remember him being a bit odd.... hence wondering why he is proudly announcing himself here?

Speaking of odd, was Jocelyn the mouse-torturer?

Guest Anonymous
Ask her yourself. Formspring(dot)com/redheadhippy

And would you care to introduce yourself, too please? :D

Wow, this thread brought out the newbies!

And SAHD in Training. How old are you?

I kind of remember him being a bit odd.... hence wondering why he is proudly announcing himself here?

Speaking of odd, was Jocelyn the mouse-torturer?

No, that was someone else, though I can't remember who. But not Jocelyn. Jocelyn ran aponderingheart, I believe. Lots of passive-aggressive "Christians aren't Christians because they don't follow the Torah!" stuff.

The mouse torturer was named Anne/Ann I think. That girl was scary crazy.

Archived