IGNORED

What's up with Jocelyn??

Deleted05

Pink with copper....I'm intrigued! Good tip good tip. Do you do pedis weekly? I should really start. My poor feet.

I have a routine. Once a week, remove the polish, soak, shave off callouses, smooth with wet finish sand paper, do cuticles, trim and paint. I always get asked who does my pedis.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impressive and that's actually much more doable for me. I should get some supplies and just do it when the kiddies are napping. You've inspired me!

I didn't give you any terms. I think you don't understand criticizing you and your actions or lack of isn't dictating anything to you.

So, you did earn money while in costa rica and did not live on donations alone? I am clearly wrong, because swear just a few posts back you implied no one in your family earned any money while in costa rica.

Well I was referring to your 'until she or her family goes public' statement.

You ever heard of trading, friends, family? No, I have a rich uncle that died and left me millions.....

It's impossible to get to know someone from so few posts on a forum. We snark, but that's not the sum total of what we do.

A picture is painted regardless as with anything on the internet.

It's late and I've got work tomorrow, so I'm calling it a night and will leave you all up to your snarking. I had a good time, thanks!

Impressive and that's actually much more doable for me. I should get some supplies and just do it when the kiddies are napping. You've inspired me!

You can get a good pedi done during their nap time. You may want to use a quick drying polish. Your polish efforts will improve with time. Callous razors by Credo are easy to use, no pressure, just draw them across the wet callous. My mother's feet were horrid, I'm sure that plays a big part in me doing mine on a regular basis. But my feet feel better with no pressure points when I do wear shoes. I prefer wet fine grit sandpaper to a pumice stone. It conforms to your foot and is easy to handle. I just put the sheet into the basin when I'm soaking and its soft and pliable when I'm ready for it.

Well I was referring to your 'until she or her family goes public' statement.

You ever heard of trading, friends, family? No, I have a rich uncle that died and left me millions.....

Oh I am sorry, was that dictating to you????

Yeah, so donations then?

Wow, treemom, you're a good person. Just wow.

Right, because you making money from selling a dangerous lifestyle for years is totally the same as her commenting on it, amirite?

And you were not an illegal immigrant because you never got caught!

You had a tourist visa, intended for people from the US who intend to visit Costa Rica, without setting up a residence or having a job, and then to return after a set amount of time. Even though you (coming from what you said on your blog) wanted to set up a residence and work there, and had no intention to return to the US. You were an illegal immigrant committing a crime. Or you have been lying to the people who supported this crazy. Whichever.

Jocelyn has not left fundamentalism behind. The thought process is still the same. Anything she does is okay simply because she does it and she is super speshul. And anyone who questions the trail of broken lives and crime she leaves behind is as bad as her or even worse simply for questioning it. Jocelyn, you might need therapy to deal with the great evil you have perpetrated upon others and come to terms with your own culpability in it. Nonetheless, you have perpetrated a great evil, there is no way around that, and no preschooler petulance will change that.

So to recap:

Illegal immigration is not breaking the terms of the visa you are in the country on. It is just getting caught breaking the terms.

Supporting oneself is not actually making any money but living in subsistence on donations from people who either feel pity or feel like god called them to give you money.

Peddling a lifestyle and ideology that is bad doesn't require you to actually divulge the fact you discovered the harm to the people you peddled it to.

Being a good person has absolutely nothing to do with you, but rather if you disagree and are critical of the Dixons.

Apparently Jocelyn expected me to help her not criticize her. But my "help" had to be on her terms and I couldn't expect her to do the decent thing and tell the world she polluted with her crap that her crap, was well, crap.

I have to say I have very few issues for people outstaying their visa, it is what it is.

But may I say you must have been waiting for al ong time to be able to bitch in every sentence and pass your anger on someone? Honestly, the picture you're painting of yourself is pretty despicable. You sound like a person who had not had time to have her teen angst out of her system in time, and found the internet and this forum to get it out. Really happy to provide you with an outlet, but honestly fundie or not, you're still a bitch. You have done no wrong, and understand everything about life. Awesome.

So let's ask you a question... what is your relation with Amanda? Were apologies issued for kicking her out of your house? Have you met her husband?

I don't care how many people you've known personally you have apologized to, truth is you put something on the webs and people you've never met, people you don't know have been affected by and are being affected by it (why is feeling feminine still up?). Hence why people here are telling you that until you've made a very public internet statement on those websites, you haven't apologized for the harm your family has done. People you don't know have been affected and they deserve truth and apologies. Even if people sent your family 5$ or less they deserve an explanation.

You can keep saying you don't have to do anything on our terms, does not change that you are taking a cheap way out of your errors.

Guest Anonymous

I am not okay with anyone calling women bitches, for the record, and as I have stated in the past. I think it's misogynistic and not okay at all. Obviously not all FJers share my opinion and I don't expect them to. Everyone draws their own line there.

mrdefrauder/Leandro/whomever - Jocelyn may be snotty but I don't think you're any better. She was raised in the fundie lifestyle and didn't have much choice about how she was going to live until she was an adult. Didn't you choose it as an adult and go into it after having had a non-fundamentalist upbringing? Those are two wildly different sets of circumstances. Anyway, if someone thinks a woman is being a jerk and they call her an asshole, etc. whatever. But bitch and other misogynistic terms are on a different level to me, which is why I do not use them in regards to people. They're particularly nasty coming from a man and someone that was formerly betrothed to the woman in question. You're a sleazeball.

I'm not a fan of Jocelyn on a personal level, but she may yet sort herself out. At any rate Leandro calling her a bitch isn't going to pass by without comment here.

**ETA: For the sake of completeness, I'm not okay with anyone calling men bitches, either.

Jocelyn has not left fundamentalism behind. The thought process is still the same. Anything she does is okay simply because she does it and she is super speshul. And anyone who questions the trail of broken lives and crime she leaves behind is as bad as her or even worse simply for questioning it. Jocelyn, you might need therapy to deal with the great evil you have perpetrated upon others and come to terms with your own culpability in it. Nonetheless, you have perpetrated a great evil, there is no way around that, and no preschooler petulance will change that.

QFT.

Guest Anonymous
I am not saying I am any better. Personally I think I have changed for the better and I am accountable for the mistakes, but I don't ask people to believe me as I completely understand them. If any FJinger want to bring up my craps, I am here to admit it.

Thankfully for me, I didn't spread too much crap over the Internet as I didn't have an audience like Jocelyn did (but probably there are a few things out there somewhere out of my domains). Because of that I didn't feel the need to make a public apologize as I didn't have any public to.

I don't consider I have ever been engaged to someone, as to me today it's ridiculous to nearly consider marrying someone I don't even know in person. Besides there was no love involved, like the love who moves people to marry each other. One evidence for that may be the fact that once I started questioning the torah/bible/etc, the Dixons kinda stopped talking with me, and then I saw the convenience behind it all and called it off. I am not saying I was not wrong, I was, but now I've changed.

Oh and I am not going to be polite to someone that is not being polite with me or people. No sexism, equal rights here.

ETA saw you eta, I am completely ok with you calling me dumbass, morom or whatever once I myself think I was that in the past (i really deserve it) but obviously, for those who know me, they don't do that once they've seen I've changed for the better. Hopefully that made sense.

I'm not telling you to be polite. I'm telling you that if you call a woman misogynistic names, then I think you should go walk barefoot down a pitch dark hallway strewn with Legos. Also, did you or did you not at one point say that you were betrothed/engaged/what the hell ever to Jocelyn? You can't rewrite history now and say it never happened because you didn't like the result and you changed your mind. It happened.

I understand that you are mad and upset and your feelings are hurt in regards to the Dixons rejecting you. Hell, you have a right to feel all of those things. But that doesn't excuse any and all behavior. Maybe a counselor could help you work through this better than an internet forum, if you are interested in working through it and not just slinging mud and having a very public and embarrassing to watch fight.

Guest Anonymous

I'm not telling you to be polite. I'm telling you that if you call a woman misogynistic names, then I think you should go walk barefoot down a pitch dark hallway strewn with Legos. Also, did you or did you not at one point say that you were betrothed/engaged/what the hell ever to Jocelyn? You can't rewrite history now and say it never happened because you didn't like the result and you changed your mind. It happened.

I understand that you are mad and upset and your feelings are hurt in regards to the Dixons rejecting you. Hell, you have a right to feel all of those things. But that doesn't excuse any and all behavior. Maybe a counselor could help you work through this better than an internet forum, if you are interested in working through it and not just slinging mud and having a very public and embarrassing to watch fight.

+1 For your own benefit, as well as ours, I think you'd do well to walk away from FJ right now, Leandro.

I have to say I have very few issues for people outstaying their visa, it is what it is.

I don't have an issue with it in general. It happens. But what I don't like is that the Dixons have always claimed what they did was on the up and up. And while they may have followed the technical legalities needed to secure each 90 day tourist visa, they were not following the rules of the visa. It is not intended for people to who are moving to Costa Rica to wait out the destruction of Babylon. It is intended for tourists.

so I guess attention whore does not work either?

I agree though that washing your laundry with someone you personally know in front of everybody has lots of potential to turn nasty. But after all, since there has been no public apologies, and two other people in the thread have voiced how they were harmed by the family, I think it's only to be expected that this battles happens publicly on a forum rather than in the privacy of everyone's private email. Now hopefully one will be the bigger person and bow away, or not,

I don't have an issue with it in general. It happens. But what I don't like is that the Dixons have always claimed what they did was on the up and up. And while they may have followed the technical legalities needed to secure each 90 day tourist visa, they were not following the rules of the visa. It is not intended for people to who are moving to Costa Rica to wait out the destruction of Babylon. It is intended for tourists.

oh I totally agree that she's not admitting it. Lots of people do that everyday in most countries, but I know that they don't go around be all like I respected the rules

One thing I would love to see but won't, is see Jocelyn starting college. If anything can take you down a pedestal, college and dorm life certainly can.

oh I totally agree that she's not admitting it. Lots of people do that everyday in most countries, but I know that they don't go around be all like I respected the rules

One thing I would love to see but won't, is see Jocelyn starting college. If anything can take you down a pedestal, college and dorm life certainly can.

One of the people we met in Amsterdam who we really liked was an American who was there doing basically the same thing, but he openly admitted he was there and working illegally. But he also grew up there as a child of American parents and wasn't waiting out the destruction of Babylon.

Interesting read this thread when you do it in one sitting.

One thing really stands out. I get this girl is young and like many young 'internet brave' she comes across as well....quite stupid. Everybody else owns their right to bitch and despite being treated extremely sympathetically and with genuine interest after CHOOSING to enter the conversation. She does not appear to see that she comes off the most objectionable in her posts. But fails to see it is because she continues to be as arrogant in her 'new' beliefs as she was in her old.

But trying to win the Interwebs off Treemom. Too funny.

I love how you say you've changed and you're so different but your smug attitude is still the same with or without religion. Some things never change I guess.

Guest stargirl

Leandro, darling, I say this because I care. As much as someone can care over an internet forum, but really--you have behaved every bit as immaturely as Jocelyn has. You've come here to gossip about your ex-fiance, calling her a bitch and a piece of shit, which is really just uncalled for no matter how much you disagree with somebody, and now you are crying "I don't need a counselor, I'm just fine." Honestly? We all need a bit of help from time to time. I'm not being snarky--it's true. A broken-off engagement and a total shift in worldview might be one of those times, you know? It doesn't make you weak and it doesn't make you "the bad guy." But from what I've seen--and I am saying this in the gentlest way I know how--you might want to look into that counselor. Just think about it.

I do hope you heal. And Jocelyn, you too. It doesn't mean you have to come all the way over to the dark side with us, :D but I think college would be a great choice and I wish you well on making your way in the world.

Edited for speeling missteaks

Leandro, darling, I say this because I care. As much as someone can care over an internet forum, but really--you have behaved every bit as immaturely as Jocelyn has. You've come here to gossip about your ex-fiance, calling her a bitch and a piece of shit, which is really just uncalled for no matter how much you disagree with somebody, and now you are crying "I don't need a counselor, I'm just fine." Honestly? We all need a bit of help from time to time. I'm not being snarky--it's true. A broken-off engagement and a total shift in worldview might be one of those times, you know? It doesn't make you weak and it doesn't make you "the bad guy." But from what I've seen--and I am saying this in the gentlest way I know how--you might want to look into that counselor. Just think about it.

I do hope you heal. And Jocelyn, you too. It doesn't mean you have to come all the way over to the dark side with us, :D but I think college would be a great choice and I wish you well on making your way in the world.

Edited for speeling missteaks

I think I called her a piece of shit, not him. I actually used the phrase lying sack of shit. Which was probably a little over the top.

• 2 weeks later...

Well. I came to lurk FJ looking for info on LDS Emily and found this. :shock:

I was a friend of Jacque and yours (Jocelyn) on FB and a blog follower, greatly inspired and encouraged by your writings. I walked away from TO & fundyism about last xmas and apparently missed all this. I'm glad to know it because my 'friendship' with you was an area of guilt for me because I liked you both but had walked away from what you then upheld to be true. Jocelyn, I'm glad you 'got out'

Archived