IGNORED

What's up with Jocelyn??

Deleted05

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this like an episode of Jerry where we have the girlfriend, the ex-boyfriend, the ex-boyfriend's friend and they all hash it out?

Is this like an episode of Jerry where we have the girlfriend, the ex-boyfriend, the ex-boyfriend's friend and they all hash it out?

It's is beginning to sound that way. Who would have thought that FJ would be love line therapy for fundies?

they don't live in a bubble. They aren't expected to mindlessly follow whatever they are told. There isn't a dictatorship in my house. We're an open family and everyone gets their own say. They weren't sat down and had a belief system drilled into their heads for 6hours a day. Also, I haven't believed in going to heaven or hell for several years now, and it was never used as a ploy or threat to scare anyone into behaving a certain way in our family.

I call b.s. on this. If this were true, your older sister wouldn't have been treated like crap for having her own ideas and not wanting to move to CR.

Typical Dixon-speak. What they say and what they do are two totally different things.

I find it extremely hard to believe you've changed your tune after years of brainwashing and being your mom's buddy. Brain washing doesn't magically disappear within a week or two Jocelyn. I mean you spent years writing on a blog bashing feminists or anyone who wasn't into Torah.

I find it extremely hard to believe you've changed your tune after years of brainwashing and being your mom's buddy. Brain washing doesn't magically disappear within a week or two Jocelyn. I mean you spent years writing on a blog bashing feminists or anyone who wasn't into Torah.

Agreed. I find some of the formspring answers extremely untruthful, like the one about courtship. She says she never advocated it but that's patently false. http://feelinfeminine.com/?p=7017

http://feelinfeminine.com/?p=5003 (She didn't author this one, but as the site administrator, she approved it.)

One of the steps in a healing and growth process is to admit that yes, I have made mistakes and hurt others as well as myself. I know how tempting it is to actively forget, deny or alter the truth because it is easy way to move on. Unfortunately issues one lefts behind tend to wait around the corner. Honesty is hard. I do not mean that everything must be revealed in public. Not at all. It is always hardest to be honest to oneself.

When do you plan to reveal to your FF readers that you no longer believe in the validity of the bible?

As someone who use to follow them I would also like to know this. It almost seems like they are taking advantage of their readers as they were still receiving donations from them until very recently (and their website is still up and on there it's still as if they are torah observant with a donation button)

Guest Anonymous

As someone who use to follow them I would also like to know this. It almost seems like they are taking advantage of their readers as they were still receiving donations from them until very recently (and their website is still up and on there it's still as if they are torah observant with a donation button)

Oh, all the Jocelyn haters are joining us tonight.

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

Guest Anonymous

Why did you edit this post? It previously said something about the Dixons asking for donations three months ago when they had left the lifestyle behind six months ago. Was that a mistake?

If you want to be honest and transparent it's a good idea to note when/why you edit.

to be honest, I'm not sure of the time frame. I can't remember for sure when they moved. And I believe Jocelyn posted on formspring they haven't believed this for at least 6 months but didn't feel like checking so I edited it just in case the times and such weren't accurate. I just find it odd that they still have a torah website up with a donation button if they are not torah observant. they can believe whatever they would like, that's fine by me. However, asking for donations under the premise that you believe something you do not is IMO wrong.

Do we have a Jerry smilie? We need ones for threads like this.

No, but I've got a TON of MLP macros that would be appropriate right now. I'll just drop this one right here...

herewegohd-28n129600911970729.png

One of the steps in a healing and growth process is to admit that yes, I have made mistakes and hurt others as well as myself. I know how tempting it is to actively forget, deny or alter the truth because it is easy way to move on. Unfortunately issues one lefts behind tend to wait around the corner. Honesty is hard. I do not mean that everything must be revealed in public. Not at all. It is always hardest to be honest to oneself.

+1

All I see is a teen who says that most of what was her patriarchal bullshit she actually never did. Like courtship, like fathers having the last and only say in the family, skirts only, etc, etc. You might hide behing defensiveness and it's understandable, because it's freaking hard to say I was wrong, I did something wrong and I might have harmed other people in the process (you say your family was hurt... how about all your followers?). Open your mind a bit and realize there is a world around you :)

Ok, catching up…

I didn’t come here to work through any issues or meet up with people who have btdt. I came to join in on this conversation as I saw fit.

I know what you all think of my family, so I’m sorry if I seem a little defensive about any questions asked. I will answer questions truthfully and you can take it or leave it. You believing what I say or not isn’t going to be a determent to my existence.

I am not sorry for living what I believed as truth and I do not apologize for changing. But, yes, I was wrong in much of what I believed and for supporting a system in which was harmful. I have made the changes in my life necessary for me at this time, apologized to people, and will continue to do both in light of what I have learned.

I am not going public on a blog if that's what you think the 'until goes public' will be. I’m done blogging. I have things to do IRL that have taken the place of my online life. Also, I didn't make some kind of blogging contract that I agreed to blog every event in my life. All the other websites will be updated as soon as I have time to do an overhaul.

Agreed. I find some of the formspring answers extremely untruthful, like the one about courtship. She says she never advocated it but that's patently false. http://feelinfeminine.com/?p=7017

http://feelinfeminine.com/?p=5003 (She didn't author this one, but as the site administrator, she approved it.)

Moving this post forward so the pseudo hippy who is planning on having red hair some day, could refresh her short term memory loss.

Also, do you feel bad about having broken immigration law while in costa rica?

We didn't. If we broke immigration law, CR gov wouldn't have let us back into the country on our visa exits. We went through 2 immigration points every time we exited the country and were approved to be in the country. They would have flagged us on our way our at the airport too if we had broken immigration law.

Moving this post forward so the pseudo hippy who is planning on having red hair some day, could refresh her short term memory loss.

Snickerdoodle needs to learn how to read. It's been six months.

Courtship and betrothal aren't the same. I never advocated courtship. But I don't advocate the latter now either.

Do you still believe in God? Or just a God (or multiple gods)? You don't have to answer this if you don't want to, because it IS kinda a personal, intrusive question. I'm just curious, because it seems like something that might go hand in hand with no longer accepting the validity of the Bible. Then again, there are a lot of people who believe in God who don't believe in religious legalism.

Yes, but when you no longer trust the bible to tell you the truth there's a big blackhole of possibilities. I don't believe we're alone in the universe.

Have you seen any backlash regarding this from the other girls who posted on Feelin' Feminine? Do you think many of them know, or even had a suspicion?

No, not from them.... although they haven't been 'on' FF for awhile now. I did update the ones who were still posting when I started changing. Other people have told me what they think of the changes or removed me online or withdrawn their support. But my close friends remained my friends regardless.

Archived