IGNORED

Priscilla Pregnant?

Fundilicious

What's even more disturbing is if you click on the "Isaac" tab on his family's website, one of the links towards the bottom is titled "Good enough?" and the description at the bottom of it reads the following:

Isaac was a great brother, but he wasn’t perfect enough to get to heaven on his own. Click this link see why.

What the hell?! Who says that about their own son/brother?! Even then, how could they have not noticed an infection on his leg and why they waited until the last minute to "seek help"? The only thing I can think of is that they just prayed and allowed God to do his miracle work. I'm sure there were plenty of warning signs but they just prayed instead of seeking help.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, I got distracted on their website by his brother's death. The family has everything plastered that Isaac died from an accident while serving in Mongolia.

Except.....that's not the truth. The twin brother put the details in a newspaper article he wrote that Isaac died of an aggressive form of Leukemia, that he had what appeared to be a leg infection when they hit Mongolia and they did NOTHING for it until he was life-flighted to Seoul where he had a hemmoraghic episode in his brain.

Nothing like calling medical neglect heroic and an accident!

(Had to edit cause I wrote the wrong twin's name.)

Not doubting you, but would like the link, if you still have it.

I read the story some time back and David relates the same story in his painful sermon. I don't know why they'd say he had an "accident." David claims that they did take him to doctors, but medical services in Mongolia weren't the best. He implied that they were basically 3rd world, and they didn't do blood work until the guy was on his last legs (David's claim) to get the real diagnosis? The level of disingenuosity here reaches Duggar/J'Caleb levels.

I don't think she's pregnant. There are other pics of her on the blog from roughly the same time and she was as skinny as ever.

Regarding Issac, i work in the healthcare field in a company that addresses aggressive, life-threatening bacterial infections. Given the state of the healthcare system there, it is entirely possible that the infection went unnoticed until it was serious. This happens even in this country.

Still, it was not an accident that killed him, and it seems that the Wallers are trying to downplay the fact that Issac had a deadly disease made worse by a deadly infection. Who knows why they do this, but then again who knows why any of these wingnuts do anything they do.

And yes, Priscillia is sporting a baby bump. That's just too obvious in my mind. I hope to God that if and when a child is born to them, they grow the hell up. Watching them is like spying on two 12 year olds who just learned how to play doctor. And what do you want to bet they dress the baby like them.

Who else wants to grab David and mess up his hair?

I don't know what Priscilla is wearing, but David has on a Lacoste shirt and those easily run $50-100 depending on the design. The plain ones are less expensive, the striped ones are closer to $100.

You can find them at Marshall's or TJ Maxx for reasonable prices.

Hmmm...she could just be bloated. Sometimes when it's my TOM my stomach pooches out. But considering they are fundie and young...preggo could be very likely.

I think she does look pregnant and if they've figured out how to consummate their marriage, in the fundie world, she should be with child by now... but it's mentioned that they did a 6-mile, somewhat strenuous hike. It seems like a lot of fundies are pretty cautious during pregnancy, do you think she would have done a 6-mile hike while pregnant? I'm also surprised that they wouldn't have announced it if she is- they don't seem like they'd be the type to wait to announce that kind of news.

I think she does look pregnant and if they've figured out how to consummate their marriage, in the fundie world, she should be with child by now... but it's mentioned that they did a 6-mile, somewhat strenuous hike. It seems like a lot of fundies are pretty cautious during pregnancy, do you think she would have done a 6-mile hike while pregnant? I'm also surprised that they wouldn't have announced it if she is- they don't seem like they'd be the type to wait to announce that kind of news.

If David and Priscilla are anything like the Duggars, hiking while possibly pregnant doesn't surprise me. If I recall, Anna was dragged around on road trip not long before she gave birth to Michael, and then there's the whole taking their preemie on a trip overseas.

Regarding Issac, i work in the healthcare field in a company that addresses aggressive, life-threatening bacterial infections. Given the state of the healthcare system there, it is entirely possible that the infection went unnoticed until it was serious. This happens even in this country.

Still, it was not an accident that killed him, and it seems that the Wallers are trying to downplay the fact that Issac had a deadly disease made worse by a deadly infection. Who knows why they do this, but then again who knows why any of these wingnuts do anything they do.

And yes, Priscillia is sporting a baby bump. That's just too obvious in my mind. I hope to God that if and when a child is born to them, they grow the hell up. Watching them is like spying on two 12 year olds who just learned how to play doctor. And what do you want to bet they dress the baby like them.

Who else wants to grab David and mess up his hair?

Isaac had leukemia; the leg infection was as a result of non-treatment.

Your wish....my command:

visionserve.org/2005/11/a-race-well-run/

Your wish....my command:

visionserve.org/2005/11/a-race-well-run/

Ugggh that was so hard to read because of all the passive voice/awkward phrasing. They especially need to lose the participle phrases - when they start off the sentence with an -ing phrase and it would have sounded clearer/more concise to just use the verb, e.g. their "Leaving the comforts of America and security of a job, Isaac left with his family for volunteer service to the people of Outer Mongolia." Just say "Issac left the comforts..." One or two of these sentences is okay but there are so many of them. :doh: Also that "for volunteer service to the people of Outer Mongolia" is awkward as hell, why can't you just say he left to volunteer in Outer Mongolia? Oh because you are SOOOOO focused on the well-being of the people you are serving brainwashing.

I have to wonder how aggressive his leukemia really was if they admit they ignored the infection or if he was just untreated. Any acute leukemia that goes untreated can get bad fast :roll: It sounds like they were surprised that he had a cerebral hemorrhage. Well I don't know, maybe if you leave a serious disease untreated, it will get worse so a catastrophic event should not be a surprise, but what do I know... did they know he had leukemia before the infection? And it's pretty common sense to say he probably wasn't in good health to go (or stay on) the trip once the infection developed. ETA: Even if he hadn't had leukemia, that needs to be treated, or you risk something more systemic.

If David and Priscilla are anything like the Duggars, hiking while possibly pregnant doesn't surprise me. If I recall, Anna was dragged around on road trip not long before she gave birth to Michael, and then there's the whole taking their preemie on a trip overseas.

Yeah it really wouldn't surprise me either, Anna was literally prepared to give birth on that freaking tour bus!!! No way in HELL would I have done that! And on an episode I saw just a week or so ago on a rerun, she was IN New York I believe, out to spout and getting on subways, and walking aruond the city everywhere! I actually felt sorry for her. Also they went to Niagra falls and on and around the slippery walkway/bridge things... I can't remember if Anna did that or not, but I remember thinking cripes that looks dangerous, even for the little kids, could have easily slipped over and got hurt or just slipped into the falls!

So, yeah, their priorities soon fly out the window for fame-whoring reasons!

I'm wondering if David and Priscilla will appear on 19 Kids and Counting to announce their pregnancy to sister Anna? :?

I started shaking my head by the caption on the second picture.

Um, thanks for that astute observation? Some of these fundies are so sheltered they couldn't come across as relatable if they tried, even down to the awkward, awkward way they caption their photos. Or is he taking it on as his manly duty to seize every opportunity to educate us all, a la Boob?

Upon reading such a quote, I had to do a double take. That caption has got to be the weirdest caption I've ever seen in my life. Who are these people? Stranded hill-dwelling serfs who have no intellectual capacity to conceive of building a structure from one dell to another AND then have to share their new found knowledge with the world?

That "birthday" video weirded me out even more. Priscilla walks onto a bridge, tosses a twing into a stream, walks off the bridge, David asks her if she likes her birthday hike, kisses her when she's talking, and then films her walking away from him (a sight he should get used to immediately if not soon if other members' gaydars are accurate). Seriously…the fuck…? :snooty:

Someone should at least tell the couple that khaki and orange paired together are an offense to the eyes and, unless they're five year old twins, should stop with the matching outfits. It's not cute and I wouldn't want to "steal away" Dave with my womanly wiles with what he's got on (dressed like one of my old Christian school-in-the-cornfields teachers). Yuck!

…and yes, I think Priscilla is pregnant, since I see an unusually pudgy "pushing of the waistline" bulge when on the bridge in her "birthday" video.

Ugggh that was so hard to read because of all the passive voice/awkward phrasing. They especially need to lose the participle phrases - when they start off the sentence with an -ing phrase and it would have sounded clearer/more concise to just use the verb, e.g. their "Leaving the comforts of America and security of a job, Isaac left with his family for volunteer service to the people of Outer Mongolia." Just say "Issac left the comforts..." One or two of these sentences is okay but there are so many of them. :doh: Also that "for volunteer service to the people of Outer Mongolia" is awkward as hell, why can't you just say he left to volunteer in Outer Mongolia? Oh because you are SOOOOO focused on the well-being of the people you are serving brainwashing.

Sarah Maxwell does the same thing. I don't know if it's a consequence of the SOTDRT or what :?

There is nothing wrong with exercising while pregnant. I was athletic (running-yes, with doctor's approval for 7 months of my pregnnacy until my feet started screaming at me to stop, doing aerobics, biking, hiking too) all with doctor's approval. However, the one thing I never did was exercise far from civilization (ie, a hospital nearby). I always kept my cell phone charged up just in case. At the same time, I would never have taken an insane road trip while in the last trimester of a pregnancy. Exercising with doctor's consent is one thing, but outrageous traveling (even during a pregnancy that isn't high risk) is another.

The issue that I have with these two kids playing grownup is that they seem very naive about life in general. I'm concerned for any future progeny. They act like two kids with middle school crushes. I shudder to think what kind of parents they will be, given they don't have a clue what life is really like. Does anyone know if they have real jobs yet, besides preaching Gothard? Can they support themselves doing that?

If they announce D&P's baby news on 19KAC and not Suze's, then I think the Duggars will prove that they are judgmental.

Getting back on the Waller bus, I broke down and watched the Adam/Valerie wedding. David/Priscilla pulled the same stunt that Smuggar/Anna pulled at David's wedding. Although a few people were at both weddings and the move got a few laughs, it was still AWKWARD as hell.

On the good side of the ledger, the bridesmaid's dresses weren't too hideous and Gothard was nowhere to be seen. The EA Sports commercials were a tad ironic, now that we know the Wallers are about as dour as the Maxwells.

If I could describe David and Prissy it would be: corny.

He dresses like an elderly man. Must he pull his pants up that high? Must they be so matchy-matchy all the time? It kind of reminds me of the Brady Bunch. I agree with other posters, he does ping the gaydar a bit.

Isaac had leukemia; the leg infection was as a result of non-treatment.

After reading that obituary blog on Isaac, I couldn't tell if the leukemia was found out before or after the infection. Is there a different blog that says they knew about it before hand? If so, how sad and ignorant. Also, I'm sure they believed their reasons for burying Isaac in Mongolia, but you have to wonder if the cost to fly a corpse back internationally didn't play a big part in the decision making process. :think:

Also, I'm sure they believed their reasons for burying Isaac in Mongolia, but you have to wonder if the cost to fly a corpse back internationally didn't play a big part in the decision making process. :think:

Yeah I pinged on this too, that the cost to fly him out and then the funeral cost on top was more than they were either willing to pay, or could afford, thus just buried him simply in Mongolia, making out like it would have been his wish or whatever.

Yeah I pinged on this too, that the cost to fly him out and then the funeral cost on top was more than they were either willing to pay, or could afford, thus just buried him simply in Mongolia, making out like it would have been his wish or whatever.

QFT

If that had been my son, I don't know how I'd feel burying him in a grave that I couldn't go visit for grieving purposes. Just thinking about it makes me feel sad and regretful.

If they announce D&P's baby news on 19KAC and not Suze's, then I think the Duggars will prove that they are judgmental.

Wait, what? I didn't know that Suze got pregnant or had a baby. Either I'm thinking of the wrong person or I somehow missed something huge. When did this happen?

No doubt in my mind. When I did study abroad, part of our required fee was to cover additional insurance for repatriation of remains. It's not cheap. And I was only in the UK, not outer Mongolia.

If that had been my son, I don't know how I'd feel burying him in a grave that I couldn't go visit for grieving purposes. Just thinking about it makes me feel sad and regretful.

This.

What a terrible decision his parents had to make. I wonder if they regret it.

I was reading the About David section of their site. How weird is it that these were the only two questions Mr. Keller had when David asked to court his daughter?

" After a while, he stopped me and just said, “David, I really feel like God is the One working in your life to give you these desires toward Priscilla. I have only two questions for you: Are you willing to trust God with the size of your family and second, are you willing to be accountable to Priscilla for your Internet use?"

After reading that obituary blog on Isaac, I couldn't tell if the leukemia was found out before or after the infection. Is there a different blog that says they knew about it before hand? If so, how sad and ignorant. Also, I'm sure they believed their reasons for burying Isaac in Mongolia, but you have to wonder if the cost to fly a corpse back internationally didn't play a big part in the decision making process. :think:

David's narrative stated that the leukemia wasn't diagnosed until the day they air-vacced him out of Mongolia. He claims that they found out at 5pm. The only two flights out were at 6 to Seoul and midnight to Bejing. They wanted to get on the earlier flight. He says that he and another brother rushed to the airport while Dad tried to secure tickets and that the plane was held for them. Hearing more of their story and philosophy, I bet Isaac was in pain, but stoically denied it. Or as David called it in his lecture, the Martyr Spirit. That worked out really well for Isaac, didn't it?

He doesn't ping my gaydar, but the Dork-a-meter is maxed out.

Archived