IGNORED

Priscilla Pregnant?

Fundilicious

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking here for awhile and somebody's comment made me join and I have to know more!!!!!!

According to Anna Duggar, she didn't know about sex until shortly before her marriage.

Where did you hear/read this?!?! I can't believe that!

Wouldn't Anna question what a purity ring was if she didn't know about sex until shortly before her wedding???

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking here for awhile and somebody's comment made me join and I have to know more!!!!!!

Wouldn't Anna question what a purity ring was if she didn't know about sex until shortly before her wedding???

How it usually works in fundie-land is that you know that something called sex exists, you know it makes babies (so you assume it has to do with your vagina), and it is only for married people, and that really bad things happen to people who do it before marriage (oh, and boys ill try to get you to do it).

Seriously though? What harm can come from knowing that penis in vagina is sex? If it's nailed (haha, pun intended) into their heads to wait for marriage, it's not like they'll become sluts when they discover what intercourse is.

Right???

How it usually works in fundie-land is that you know that something called sex exists, you know it makes babies (so you assume it has to do with your vagina), and it is only for married people, and that really bad things happen to people who do it before marriage (oh, and boys ill try to get you to do it).

Oh, and it's kinda like legos.

Hi everyone,

Came straight from the horse's mouth during the Very Special Duggar Wedding episode. Although, as I commented at the time, there's no way that a large family with lots of married older sisters doesn't tell the younger ones something. While Esther probably didn't say much, Anna seemed close to Rebekah and she was married, two kids and no longer a Gothardite by the time Anna married. I have a feeling Anna knew more than she let on, even though she looked as embarrassed as hell relating what little she did.

“Would you join me in following Christ to be my wife, best friend, and faithful prayer warrior; to live together, travel together, serve together, and if need be die for the cause of Christ? Will you marry me?†To my delight, I saw her beaming face as her lips began to move. Wiping a little tear of excitement from my eyes, they met hers as she replied, “I would be honored!â€

Talk about delusional. You're hillbillies in America. You will never die for Christ. The worst religious crisis in your lives is going to be a vague discomfort that everyone in the world isn't a gothardite, and that's it.

I agree with the poster that said they lack chemistry. I don't think Josh and Anna had it when they got engaged either. It's easy enough to date someone, and to want to like/love them, but the whole 'rich interpersonal dynamic' this is lost on them.

I have a feeling Prissy got married because she was fast approaching her sell-by date and David was just, well, there.

ETA: Isn't creating such a slick website all about YOU and YOUR RELATIONSHIP pretty damn prideful? Modesty, my ass!

I have a feeling Prissy got married because she was fast approaching her sell-by date and David was just, well, there.

ETA: Isn't creating such a slick website all about YOU and YOUR RELATIONSHIP pretty damn prideful? Modesty, my ass!

You're right on each count. You might also like my post "Are the Duggars Modest?" http://hopewellmomschoolreborn.blogspot ... odest.html

Talk about delusional. You're hillbillies in America. You will never die for Christ. The worst religious crisis in your lives is going to be a vague discomfort that everyone in the world isn't a gothardite, and that's it.

I agree with the poster that said they lack chemistry. I don't think Josh and Anna had it when they got engaged either. It's easy enough to date someone, and to want to like/love them, but the whole 'rich interpersonal dynamic' this is lost on them.

What is the fundie sell-by date on women? When I was fundie-lite (mid 90's) it was 25, but you really wanted that engagement ring by college graduation.

I think most of these fundies get married "because he/she is there". It's like they look around at the people that they see at a conference, check off a magical list, and spend some time dropping the names of people who fit the bill to their parents and see who comes a-calling!

You're right on each count. You might also like my post "Are the Duggars Modest?" http://hopewellmomschoolreborn.blogspot ... odest.html

Oh, I've read your post before. ITA with it.

They could put up a few tasteful photos and some text, and be some with it. I guess then we wouldn't see how HAPPY they are 24/7. I wonder if he think they're going to be the next royal family? Being related to The Duggars is giving him ideas.

ETA:

David also gave me a journal which had mentioned my name as one he admired.

Wait, he gave her a list of chicks he'd wanted to bang as a part of the wedding proposal? Jesus Christ!

Who else was on the list, I wonder?

Wait, he gave her a list of chicks he'd wanted to bang as a part of the wedding proposal? Jesus Christ!

Who else was on the list, I wonder?

Hannah: Hot but likely to talk back

Sarah: Worked outside the home

Elizabeth: Saw her wearing jeans

Rebekah: Told me she only wanted three kids

Priscilla: Yeah, okay, I guess she'll do.

Hannah: Hot but likely to talk back

Sarah: Worked outside the home

Elizabeth: Saw her wearing jeans

Rebekah: Told me she only wanted three kids

Priscilla: Yeah, okay, I guess she'll do

Just spit tea at screen! Here's HER list

John David Ugh! That mother.....

Zak only wants skinny fainting-prone musical chicks. Not godly

Joshua X Wants at least 20 kids and I can't think of any Q names if we have a girl

Isaiah X defrauded everyone at the Church social wearing tight dockers....that weren't very impressive.....

David out of choices have to get married

Having never dated any girls except my mom and sisters, it was super special to go out to a few restaurants during this time and share in many special memories.

I get what he's trying to say here, but his use of "dated" is unintentionally horrifying in the context.

I get what he's trying to say here, but his use of "dated" is unintentionally horrifying in the context.

Sounds like an Arndt.

Came straight from the horse's mouth during the Very Special Duggar Wedding episode. Although, as I commented at the time, there's no way that a large family with lots of married older sisters doesn't tell the younger ones something. While Esther probably didn't say much, Anna seemed close to Rebekah and she was married, two kids and no longer a Gothardite by the time Anna married. I have a feeling Anna knew more than she let on, even though she looked as embarrassed as hell relating what little she did.

This is why I question if Anna really knew as little about sex as she made it seem. These folks might think it makes a girl more pure (innocent?) if she is clueless about sex.

QFT eleventy times over!

This is why I question if Anna really knew as little about sex as she made it seem. These folks might think it makes a girl more pure (innocent?) if she is clueless about sex.

I'm not convinced the camera crew didn't just tell her to pretend. Their ratings depend on how much of a freak show they are.

I'm not convinced the camera crew didn't just tell her to pretend. Their ratings depend on how much of a freak show they are.

I dunno. She had been filmed very little at that point and was actually pretty horrible to watch early on, with all the "and, uhm"s peppering almost every sentence. I don't think she could have pulled off something like that, especially knowing her parents would see it some day and know the truth; she looked absolutely horrified during the scene. Even if she did lie to make the movement look better, she's still baring false witness against the Lord and all that...She can lie through her teeth with the best of them now (she learned from a born used-car salesman for crying out loud), but back then? I don't think so.

I dunno. She had been filmed very little at that point and was actually pretty horrible to watch early on, with all the "and, uhm"s peppering almost every sentence. I don't think she could have pulled off something like that, especially knowing her parents would see it some day and know the truth; she looked absolutely horrified during the scene. Even if she did lie to make the movement look better, she's still baring false witness against the Lord and all that...She can lie through her teeth with the best of them now (she learned from a born used-car salesman for crying out loud), but back then? I don't think so.

I have a friend who admitted that although she knew how babies are made, she knew what goes where, until quite late (14-15) she missed some information about how it actually happened - the erection, lubrication, the friction, etc. She had only seen flaccid and thought that it remained that way. So maybe that's what Anna meant?

Priscilla looks like me when I go bra-less or wear a sports bra. She's also pretty tiny, so eating so much as a candy bar would make her tummy poke out and make her look pregnant. She may have gained a bit of weight around the middle, which is why I look the same way- I only gained a few pounds but they're all around the middle.

Edit: She's also wearing a shirt that's a size or two too big for her. It's not helping, nor is that skirt that seems to come up to her waist.

I have a friend who admitted that although she knew how babies are made, she knew what goes where, until quite late (14-15) she missed some information about how it actually happened - the erection, lubrication, the friction, etc. She had only seen flaccid and thought that it remained that way. So maybe that's what Anna meant?

Yeah, I thought the guy just stuck his "thing" in, ejaculated immediately, and that was that. :-/

Maybe that is that is what the mother/daughter lunch talk was about. Maybe Anna knew the mechanics but her mother had to explain to her that it's a big part of creating closeness between two people, it's a bit thing for a guy, he's going to want to do it frequently, and it's not something you just do once every 18 months when you decide it's time for the next blessing.

I wonder if during the mother/daughter talk about sex, the daughter is taught to never tell her husband how she didn't get an orgasm or thought it wasn't that great, to not hurt his manliness and ego. These women are under their husband's authority and it is, after all, a man's world, according to fundies. If a woman were to say "I didn't even climax", I'm sure that would be frowned upon.

I wonder if during the mother/daughter talk about sex, the daughter is taught to never tell her husband how she didn't get an orgasm or thought it wasn't that great, to not hurt his manliness and ego. These women are under their husband's authority and it is, after all, a man's world, according to fundies. If a woman were to say "I didn't even climax", I'm sure that would be frowned upon.

Or met with "women can climax?!"

Or met with "women can climax?!"

That's my guess. Or if they're aware of it, it'd probably be deemed sinful! :doh:

Archived