IGNORED

Pulse Nightclub, Orlando Domestic Terror

SpoonfulOSugar

Breaking news this morning:

Authorities said there were more than 300 people in Pulse when a gunman entered somewhere about 2 a.m. About 20 people were killed and more than 40 injured.

Please use this thread to provide links to *credible* news updates, to offer good thoughts and to commiserate.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/ is the local paper.

I am so tired of this behavior. :(  I don't understand the desire to annihilate Americans, humans, people . . . . 

Update

Adding NPR story:  http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/06/12/481744095/police-say-multiple-victims-after-shooting-at-orlando-nightclub

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sending all my thoughts and prayers to the victims, their families and all who were caught up in something that should never have been allowed to happen.

My heart is breaking.  This is unbearably sad.  Prayers to all affected and solace to their families and loved ones. 

My God, how entirely terrifying for everyone involved. I hope all the survivors are able to get counseling. 

While I'm disappointed the shooter won't stand trial, I can't say that I'm sorry he's dead. 

Assault-style rifle terrorism seems to be the norm these days, and it's not hard to see why. You can kill a lot of people in a short period of time, with little risk to the shooter. Bombs are very difficult to built correctly, and more often than not end up killing the would be bomber. This is why Al Qaeda and Hamas have bombmakers (usually former engineers) on staff, so there's no guesswork. The difficulty of making an effective bomb is also why many people believe Timothy McVeigh must had had help in building his bomb. Unfortunately, I think that this incident will probably cause the sales of these sorts of weapons to rise.

I saw this alert this morning.  I was up the street from there a couple of nights ago which is terrifying. 

Make me so sad that this continues to happen.  At least it's being called what it truly is: domestic terror.  I'm way more afraid of some psycho with an automatic weapon than I am of a foreign terror incident here.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/omar-mateen-orlando-gay-club-shooter-identified-by-police-us-media-a7077936.html

Police identified the attacker as Omar Mateen, a 29-year-old from Port St. Lucie, Florida – more than 100 miles away from Pulse. His family is from Afghanistan, while Mateen is believed to have been born in the United States.

Mr Mateen, who is said by the FBI to have "leanings" towards extremism and Islamic State, was involved with a stand-off with officers for around three hours before SWAT teams stormed the building and shot him dead.

Just heard of this on our news. So sorry. Too many dead. Speechless. 

So much evil in this world.  It makes me sad, I'll never understand.  Sending my thoughts and prayers

50 people now. That's horrendous. That makes it the worst mass shooting in American history, according to what I'm seeing.

I am also seeing reports that this club was considered a "black, gay" nightclub.  So there's potentially a racial element as well.  (All of which I want to be considered, but not just hyped.)

State of emergency declared by the Governor of Florida and the City of Orlando.

5 minutes ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

I am also seeing reports that this club was considered a "black, gay" nightclub.  So there's potentially a racial element as well.  (All of which I want to be considered, but not just hyped.)

State of emergency declared by the Governor of Florida and the City of Orlando.

I also heard it was Latin night at this club, which could also be targeted against Latinos. 

Does this happen to be Taliban Dan's district?

I don know how to post images here, but check out Dan Patrick's page (TX lt gov)

He posted an image with "God will not be mocked.... a man reaps what he sows."

I turned down a high paying state job once I found our I'd be under this asslord. Don't regret it one bit.

Edit: the POS deleted it. At least he has his ass handed to him in the comments!

image.png

@JesusCampSongs  That is really interesting.  I guess I just make that assumption because not everyone who is mentally ill is diagnosed.  I feel like something has to break in someone's brain in order to make them do something like that.  I like to hope that no sane person who ever do something like this.  I know I'm probably wrong, but it helps me sleep better at night...

2 minutes ago, bashfulpixie said:

@JesusCampSongs  That is really interesting.  I guess I just make that assumption because not everyone who is mentally ill is diagnosed.  I feel like something has to break in someone's brain in order to make them do something like that.  I like to hope that no sane person who ever do something like this.  I know I'm probably wrong, but it helps me sleep better at night...

Sadly, there are evil people in this world. Whoever does something like this is either sick or a monster. Only two options

I don't even know what to say. I'm sick to my stomach.

My heart just aches.  Enough of senseless killings. 

orlando.jpg

18 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

The father of the shooter is saying that he thinks his son may have been motivated by his anger after seeing two men kissing. http://www.mediaite.com/online/orlando-gunmans-father-says-son-reportedly-got-angry-after-seeing-men-kissing/

I just don't get how someone's thought process can be "I'm going to murder fifty people in cold blood because I saw two dudes making out". That kind of thinking just makes no sense to me.

Archived