IGNORED

Pulse Nightclub, Orlando Domestic Terror

SpoonfulOSugar

4 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

I know this sounds silly, but as a huge fan of RuPaul's Drag Race, this incident hits close to my heart. Lots of girls from the show perform there, including Kenya Michaels last night.

Tyra Sanchez came up in Orlando with her drag family. She regularly performed at Pulse. Her twitter is silent. I've been crying most of the day awaiting info if any of my friends were there. 

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keeping you and your friends in my thoughts, @Geechee Girl(and everyone else affected by this despicable event).

2 minutes ago, Geechee Girl said:

Tyra Sanchez came up in Orlando with her drag family. She regularly performed at Pulse. Her twitter is silent. I've been crying most of the day awaiting info if any of my friends were there. 

:(  My thoughts are with you right now.  I have lit a candle for the victims and the survivors; and now light one for you.  I hope you get good news soon.

There has been plenty of coverage of the possibly interdicted attack at LA Pride. It has come up on CNN several times, and was on the front page of several major newspaper's sites. Yes, Orlando is getting more attention, which is fine because people are actually dead, but saying California is getting ignored is pretty inaccurate. Honestly, I'm pretty comfortable with the amount of attention that story has gotten.

Edit: I say this as a Californian who has friends at Pride right now.

I have to say I am glad California is getting coverage in an appropriate amount. I let my pessimistic nature speak too soon. I will be interested to see how in depth the coverage goes in regards to religion and terrorist ties. I pointed out to gay former co-worker he now has a one word response for when people say why gay pride. He can respond with Orlando walk away and leave the person feeling like the ass hat they are.

2 hours ago, sparkles said:

Of course, the Pissing Preacher had something disgusting to say in "celebration." Fuck him sideways with a chainsaw. 

You forgot "rusty." As in "rusty chainsaw."

1 hour ago, Geechee Girl said:

I'm sorry to hear your friends might have been involved. Sending love from Oregon.

Ugh, I am so tired of hearing news like this. Condolences to all who are affected.

I'm also tired of politicians, wingnuts and other wannabes who think their opinions actually matter using situations like this to bloviate and pontificate about any number of things. Here's an idea: if you're not going to offer condolences or assistance, just STFU. This is not the time or the place.

A friend of mine was there till about midnight. She's fine but she's been worried about other friends she had there. I just hope they are all OK. 

6 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

It's national, and it's a fucking disgrace.

And pretty backwards, if you allow me to say. This is 2016, that blood is needed

OK, never mind Whatever Shade of Political Correctness FJ readers hold. (We can argue wayyyy later details, as needed.):tw_angry:

There are PEOPLE who are in agony, not knowing the fate of their loved ones, or who know their loved ones are in hospital--and never mind just what label got put on the identified victims! 

*lights a candle and sends prayers and courage and everything else wonderful*

There are People, who have injured loved ones in hospital, with dear-Goddess-knows whatever injuries.  News reports seem to indicate a lot of "major" injuries.

Last I heard, the blood banks are sufficiently stocked---FOR THE PRESENT.  

Sometimes, the only thing that really counts is GOOD FRESH HUMAN-DONATED BLOOD.  I've never heard of a healer who scorned good healthy blood, and plenty of it---let's leave it to them to figure out how to maximize the goodness and save as many people as possible.

There are people in danger, people from all sorts of backgrounds (AND THIS IS NOT A TIME TO GET ALL FUSSY!).

TO ALL READERS, AND TO ALL PEOPLE OF LOVE  I appeal to you, in the name of all your Loving Gods, in the name of the Compassionate Holiness: if you are local and can POSSIBLY donate blood or a blood product: I call you WARRIOR, and bless you for your courage and compassion.

Non-local people: blood may not be needed for the Pulse shootings (but PLEASE check with your local authorities---they might be dangerously low locally for the holiday season)---if you CAN spare a unit, may all the kindly loving Deities bless you for your caring? (And they'll bless you lots, if you come back to help again and again?)

Blood donation is a complicated issue, and personally I don't think it's just about homophobia. Currently a man who has had sex with a man (MSM) since 1977 can never donate, and someone who has had sex with a MSM must wait a year to donate, but the policy is changing so that MSM will have a year-long deferral, rather than a life-long deferral. I think I agree with the change They turn also defer people who have engaged in various other risky behaviors within the past year, including getting a tattoo, staying in jail for more than three days, and visiting a country where malaria is found. (Source for all of the above.) I actually just got turned away a week ago because my heart rate was too high.

There is also a life-long deferral for people who have ever injected drugs (PWID), and I'm not aware of any plans to change that, even though the HIV prevalence in PWID in the US is much lower than in MSM in the US. (Source here and here)

Aurora survivor here.

This shooting is horrible. I know what it's like to have your friend be the first name released and what it's like to spend the next day searching for other people and calling and finding out they were lying there on the floor with their phone ringing... it's just awful.

@zee_four that is a horrible situation.   Hugs and + thoughts.  I cannot even imagine what you went / are going through.

2 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

I wish that cunt and her kids would disappear from social media. Both are pretty hateful towards gay people.

Absolutely. Queen and Princess Dumbass of the Northwoods need to shut their fucking yaps about things they know nothing about.

Which (it's been amply demonstrated) is pretty much everything.

I have no words to describe this. May dead rest in peace and injured - heal. And may their families find comfort and love.

I feel useless, being in different continent. Can't donate blood, can't attend events, and lighting a virtual candle doesn't feel enough. 

:TrainWreckMotion:

Steve Anderson has chimed in with his thoughts. Which of course sound exactly like those of an islamist, he just quotes the bible instead of the koran. 

We're all in this society, this life, together. Turning against each other is not the answer. Finger pointing is not the answer.  More violence and marginalization is not the answer. This needs to stop. No family should have to go through something like this again. How many times will we, as a nation, go through this before things change?  Enough is enough. 

The shooter was not particularly religious according to his own family. If he was, he would've been praying Tarawih (the late night prayer during Ramadan) or eating suhoor (the pre-dawn meal we eat before fasting days).

The shooter was evil. Evil has no religious affiliation, age, gender, nationality, or politics. It just is. There is no explanation for it.

48 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

I have no words to describe this. May dead rest in peace and injured - heal. And may their families find comfort and love.

I feel useless, being in different continent. Can't donate blood, can't attend events, and lighting a virtual candle doesn't feel enough. 

YOU DO MATTER, and you SHOULD not feel useless!!!!!!!! (and you can set THAT in 120-point bold all-caps type)

IT DOESN'T FREAKING MATTER WHERE THE HECK YOU ARE LOCATED.

If you can with loving compassion and kindness send prayers, good wishes, holy masses for good intent, b'ruchas, healing energy, thoughts, spiritual bouquets, lovely wishes, WHATEVER is wonderful, as the Holy moves you to do....May you receive a million blessings for your compassion and caring.

(WILL go out on a limb: Your wishes don't have to be just for the victims of the Orlando Pulse terrorism attacks.  If you want to send grace for people ANYWHERE in the world who face evil....I KNOW my dear Eternal will give you kindness, and hope other Deities will do the same.)

May you, and all you love, travel always in safety and return home in peace and joy.  May you, because of your loving compassion, always know the unlimited love of your Deity.  May you be spared the horror of terrorism, and know only peace, happiness, freedom, and prosperity.

Just saw on Facebook that the Sydney Town Hall is lit in pink tonight, and flying the rainbow flag in solidarity with Orlando.  There's also a couple of candlelit vigils happening tonight. Thinking of everyone affected.

1 hour ago, EyeQueue said:

Absolutely. Queen and Princess Dumbass of the Northwoods need to shut their fucking yaps about things they know nothing about.

Which (it's been amply demonstrated) is pretty much everything.

Just...any of these fuckheads whose vitriolic hate for the LGBTQ community only fueled this, whose love of AR-15s over human life let this happen again and again and again, whose beliefs are no fucking different from those of the man who did this except it's OK because they're white and they like Jesus and not Muhammad...all of them can shut the fuck up. All of them can just go back into whatever hateful little hole they slithered out of and shut the fuck up.

54 minutes ago, Imagine20 said:

We're all in this society, this life, together. Turning against each other is not the answer. Finger pointing is not the answer.  More violence and marginalization is not the answer. This needs to stop. No family should have to go through something like this again. How many times will we, as a nation, go through this before things change?  Enough is enough. 

The shooter was not particularly religious according to his own family. If he was, he would've been praying Tarawih (the late night prayer during Ramadan) or eating suhoor (the pre-dawn meal we eat before fasting days).

The shooter was evil. Evil has no religious affiliation, age, gender, nationality, or politics. It just is. There is no explanation for it.

There are religious and political leaders who preach hate. That is one explanation to why terrorists chose to kill people. Those things don't just happen in a vacuum. Saying that evil has "no explanation" is to grossly simplify the issue.

If a Trump supporter went out and killed Muslims and quoted Trump as a reason to why he did it, would you still hold up your hands and say "this has no political affiliation, there is no explanation for this"?

Hate speech will lead to hate acts.  

The California terrorist that was stopped has been the second biggest news here all morning, after  the Orlando massacre. Are there any reports on who he is and what his motives are?

12 hours ago, samira_catlover said:

YOU DO MATTER, and you SHOULD not feel useless!!!!!!!! (and you can set THAT in 120-point bold all-caps type)

IT DOESN'T FREAKING MATTER WHERE THE HECK YOU ARE LOCATED.

If you can with loving compassion and kindness send prayers, good wishes, holy masses for good intent, b'ruchas, healing energy, thoughts, spiritual bouquets, lovely wishes, WHATEVER is wonderful, as the Holy moves you to do....May you receive a million blessings for Thank you. This post was very needed right now. your compassion and caring.

(WILL go out on a limb: Your wishes don't have to be just for the victims of the Orlando Pulse terrorism attacks.  If you want to send grace for people ANYWHERE in the world who face evil....I KNOW my dear Eternal will give you kindness, and hope other Deities will do the same.)

May you, and all you love, travel always in safety and return home in peace and joy.  May you, because of your loving compassion, always know the unlimited love of your Deity.  May you be spared the horror of terrorism, and know only peace, happiness, freedom, and prosperity.

Thank you. This post was very needed right now. 

18 hours ago, JesusCampSongs said:

As I often say, "Asshole is not a mental illness." 

I would also like to chime in and point out that just because someone may have a mental illness doesn't preclude them from being an asshole anyway.

My husband has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder (years after we were married, of course) and the sad fact is that when he was diagnosed and medicated (many thanks to Lamictal) he is a selfish narrow-minded asshole.

Archived